Search

Elite level not recognized

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Elite level not recognized

Hello

just wanted to check if there are others that had the issue to get the elite card recognized by other airlines?

in boarding pass the number is correctly inserted by United but gold status does not appear.is this a known bug? First time that it happens to me...

thanks
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:10 am

Flew with United recently, no issues with Elite recognition.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
No problems with any of the *A partners I’ve flown.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The only time that my Elite status was not recognized was when I was flying TK 2 days after I become Elite. I had booked the ticket when I was Classic Plus and on the travel date I was Elite as both the TK website and the mobile app. However, my BP still indicated Classic Plus. However, it was a domestic flight that I flew alone so I had the same privileges except guesting some one at the lounge which didn't matter to me at that time.

For United I never had issues, even for reservations on hold my Elite status was always visible.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I've never had a problem and I flew United domestic a few times recently.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus / Star Alliance Gold ; AY Gold / One World Sapphire; Sixt Platinum
I became Elite in October last year and this February my boarding passes still showed TK*S (TK Business Class ticket). I used TK's website to request customer service they update their database. By my next flight (March, econ class with SN), it was showing correctly (TK*G) & it's been ok ever since (LOT, Aegean, ...). So, I suggest you also contact TK's customer service. Also, when entering your FF number in any booking system, only use the number and not the TK prefix.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FEasy
I became Elite in October last year and this February my boarding passes still showed TK*S (TK Business Class ticket). I used TK's website to request customer service they update their database. By my next flight (March, econ class with SN), it was showing correctly (TK*G) & it's been ok ever since (LOT, Aegean, ...). So, I suggest you also contact TK's customer service. Also, when entering your FF number in any booking system, only use the number and not the TK prefix.
For TK flights, I have realized that they implement the status during booking instead of the status during travel. That's why you had a TK*S on your boarding pass on February. Probably you have booked the ticket on October or on an earlier month.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
I have had the exact same issue last weekend. I ended up paying for bags and submitted a request for refund. Initially, United played games with me by saying that I haven't entered my TK number and my response was " How come the miles for this trip were credited into my TK account then?".

It was very frustrating because it was my first time flying UA so I was hoping to check out their lounge and enjoy the priority boarding...etc. I will never fly UA again after this experience.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Well, at the end I could sort this out.Agent was nice enough to help me and when arriving in US at a United check in machine I could easily enter my number again and when printed it come out as gold member.
so more or less a synchronization issue...
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Showing your (virtual) *G card, didn’t help in your case?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by flyerby
It didn't in my case. UA staff insisted that my SA Gold status must show in their system to honor it.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby
I did not find a way to get a virtual card from TK...other than entering in my account and showing them my elite level.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
I did not find a way to get a virtual card from TK...other than entering in my account and showing them my elite level.
TK mobile app has a digital card.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
It seem's to me that TK/M&S do not send out new (plastic)membership cards for their elite/elite+ members.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by no_idea
It seem's to me that TK/M&S do not send out new (plastic)membership cards for their elite/elite+ members.
There is at least a temporary problem. I went to the M&S desk at IST the other day and they insisted they are still sending out cards...
no_idea likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.