FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Million mile/lifetime status maybe about to finally happen? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1964809-million-mile-lifetime-status-maybe-about-finally-happen.html)

hfly Apr 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Million mile/lifetime status maybe about to finally happen?

For several years (and several leaders) TK has been looking into doing a million mile /lifetime status thing. One of their issues internally had /had been deciding what qualifying mileage was. As had been noticed by many, when they played with their IT months ago, the lifetime counter disappeared. However I have just noticed that in my flight history now every flight that I have ever taken has two populated entries for "status miles" and "bonus miles" AFAIK, the only reason to do this would in fact be to enact this scheme finally, which I would be happy with as I either already have it, or would not be far off.

Opinions?

gr8pirate Apr 10, 2019 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by hfly (Post 30986946)
For several years (and several leaders) TK has been looking into doing a million mile /lifetime status thing. One of their issues internally had /had been deciding what qualifying mileage was. As had been noticed by many, when they played with their IT months ago, the lifetime counter disappeared. However I have just noticed that in my flight history now every flight that I have ever taken has two populated entries for "status miles" and "bonus miles" AFAIK, the only reason to do this would in fact be to enact this scheme finally, which I would be happy with as I either already have it, or would not be far off.

Opinions?

you sound uncharacteristically optimistic :-)

I think I noticed the bonus/status split before the IT update, but on the app. Would be great if they would start a million miler tier, but as you know TK often have great ideas that are strangely implemented.

EDIT: had a look on the app and it seems that after the split, status miles consistently show up as double bonus miles.

ISTFlyer Apr 10, 2019 9:49 pm

The "Total miles since the start of the membership" section on my M&S account still shows the status miles that I have earned after November 2018 excluding promotional extras obtained from the "x5 status miles promo". I wish as hfly stated there would be a lifetime top tier which the qualification would already counted miles earned before November 2018, but I don't think that they would count the miles before November 2018 ( when the IT update was made ).

If something like this happens, I would regret crediting miles to Lufthansa Miles&More between 2011 and 2017.

Also, I hope there would be no discrimination between Turkish citizens and foreigners similar to the renewal process of Elite status. I think that everyone should be equal in this process.

The app is really funny that shows double status miles for my flights and "6x status miles" for those flights which qualified for the "5x status miles promo". However the total status miles is not affected and it's the true amount on the website. All bonus ( redeemable ) miles seem normal on my personal account.

siberslava Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by hfly (Post 30986946)

Opinions?

Bonus miles were there even before the split. One use for "bonus" miles was to credit miles earned on partner airlines that were not part of Star Alliance. i.e. my experience was earning bonus miles but not status miles on a TK code share operated by UTair in Russia.

hfly Apr 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Siber, yes, something did occasionally pop up, but what I am saying is go look at your mileage history using the app. In my case there is a POPULATED status and bonus line for each and every flight that I have ever taken with TK, and each and every line has an entry. This was not ever the case before.

sydunipete Apr 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Family pooling miles also get credited as bonus miles.

hfly Nov 14, 2019 9:10 am

So, now that LH has made a big deal about their new Lifetime status, a little bird had told me that TK has dusted off their Lifetime status "studies" and is seriously considering bringing it in BEFORE LH's launches!!!!!!!!!!

ISTFlyer Nov 14, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks for the information hfly

I really wonder how would the magnificent TK website team would set up a counter to count lifetime miles. The current "Total Miles Since Joining" shows bonus miles ( including those earned from M&S credit card purchases, hotel stays, car rentals, etc... ) from Nov 2018 to the present date but not status miles.

By the way, in two days we would all celebrate the 1st birthday of the ongoing TK IT update.

I am very curious, how this would go on.

flyjfk Nov 14, 2019 10:19 am

The split has been there for a while, I'm not keeping my hopes high given it's TK.

Even if this happened, 90% of us here would probably fight to find someone in the customer service team who knows what "lifetime status" is..

gr8pirate Nov 14, 2019 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31736387)
The current "Total Miles Since Joining" shows bonus miles ( including those earned from M&S credit card purchases, hotel stays, car rentals, etc... ) from Nov 2018 to the present date but not status miles.

Last time I checked a couple of months ago, my lifetime counter was reasonably close to what my own spreadsheet shows, but it definitely didn’t include non-flight bonus miles. Maybe a Garanti-Card issue?

By the way, in two days we would all celebrate the 1st birthday of the ongoing TK IT update.
Unfortunately it looks like a pretty ugly child one year on...

malmostoso Nov 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Can anyone point me to where the lifetime miles are supposed to be in the app? I can't find it.

gr8pirate Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 31737140)
Can anyone point me to where the lifetime miles are supposed to be in the app? I can't find it.

afaik that counter is on the website only

ISTFlyer Nov 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate (Post 31736982)
Last time I checked a couple of months ago, my lifetime counter was reasonably close to what my own spreadsheet shows, but it definitely didn’t include non-flight bonus miles. Maybe a Garanti-Card issue?

I don't have a Miles&Smiles credit card and I don't credit car rental, hotel points to Miles&Smiles but I've checked my relatives' accounts and the number on the counter is much higher than the number of miles earned from flights.

hfly Nov 14, 2019 2:51 pm

The counter on the website is broken, the itemised numbers on the app however are pretty accurate, but you have to add them up. I figure if its a million status miles for Lifetime, I am already there!

gr8pirate Nov 14, 2019 7:11 pm

I checked my ‘miles since joining’ counter on the website, and it’s just a little off. Or maybe my own records are wrong. Either way, the difference is minimal.

I really hope this TK million miler status actually comes to pass.