Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by flyjfk
As of yesterday apparently, lounge entry rules are in effect; only business class passengers can use the business lounge. For the first few weeks Star Gold passengers could also use it, but that’s not the case anymore.
I'll give it a try on Tuesday if my connection time permits. I got in day before yesterday with my Y boarding pass.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by headingwest
Well, as far as I understand it there are 'short connection points' if you have a short connection, so I think the second point is a bit of a non-issue.
There were short connection points in Attaturk as well but in the many years I fly TK, I was allowed to used them twice only even on occasions when I eventually missed my flight.
Let’s hope that if there are short connection points, they will be used smartly, not as the case of Attaturk.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:51 am

Sorry if it will be not as strictly as a topic ne, but in case we cant use the sleeping rooms and there is only 4-5 lie places in both business and m&s lounge, is there any special quite zone with sleeping places in new istanbul airport in public zones, like in Doha airport for example? Is there some map where we can see this place and which help to navigate to it while in specific gate in the aorport? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by galactic
Sorry if it will be not as strictly as a topic ne, but in case we cant use the sleeping rooms and there is only 4-5 lie places in both business and m&s lounge, is there any special quite zone with sleeping places in new istanbul airport in public zones, like in Doha airport for example? Is there some map where we can see this place and which help to navigate to it while in specific gate in the aorport? Thanks in advance.
I think the M&S lounge still has the movie theater.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cager
How are the lockers in the International Miles&Smiles lounge? Is it the same disaster as with IST where some lockers worked, some didn't? Or are they new lockers?

Also, if I am on a layover from 0530-1910 (AUH-IST-ATH), can I enter the lounge at 0600 store a bag in the locker (if I get one), and then re-enter the lounge at 1600 to retrieve my bag before my flight? I plan on heading out and exploring a bit.

Thanks!
The locks are all new and seemed to work fine two weeks ago.
Not sure about storing your luggage that long.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

The locks are all new and seemed to work fine two weeks ago.
Not sure about storing your luggage that long.
Thanks, based upon some data gathering from this thread and the other TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms thread, I should be able to:
1. Land at ISL, go to the transiting passengers side then head to the M&S Lounge
2. Drop off luggage at the lockers (since there are no locker facilities yet at ISL)
3. Head to "the entrance to immigration hidden between Gates B2 and C4 next to Complimentary Newspapers"
4. Check out Istanbul
5. Check back in and head to the lounge to get my luggage afterwards

Can anyone confirm this? If not, I'll be travelling in 2 weeks time and will report back!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I was able to try both lounges; there's really no difference. Perhaps the M&S Lounge is a little bit more crowded, but that's definitely not a problem since there were a lot of places to sit.

The thing I don't really understand is these lounges are not *massive*. If TK is forecasting growth in the next few years, these lounges will not be enough. I wonder if there'll be satellite lounges in other parts of the terminal (Lounge A Gates, Lounge D Gates etc.) at some point in future.

I know they're going to open the Executive one, but that'll likely not solve the problem.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Thanks, based upon some data gathering from this thread and the other TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread
#3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms thread, I should be able to:
1. Land at ISL, go to the transiting passengers side then head to the M&S Lounge
2. Drop off luggage at the lockers (since there are no locker facilities yet at ISL)
3. Head to "the entrance to immigration hidden between Gates B2 and C4 next to Complimentary Newspapers"
4. Check out Istanbul

Can anyone confirm this? If not, I'll be travelling in 2 weeks time and will report back!
That's exactly what I used to do at Ataturk, with the addition of 1a 'Take a shower', so I expect that it will work fine at new IST as well. Thanks for pointing me towards the hidden immigration thread post as well...

Also, adding my thanks to ISTFlyer for the work that he's done in these new airport threads - many thanks indeed!
cager and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Apr 29, 2019 at 10:35 am Reason: thanking ISTFlyer
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I wonder if there'll be satellite lounges in other parts of the terminal (Lounge A Gates, Lounge D Gates etc.) at some point in future.
There is a satellite lounge at concourse F that was used when first Istanbul Airport opened to operations with 2 daily international flights. This lounge was closed at the 10th of January and now it's not furnished; however, the Star Alliance Gold signs at the lounge is still present. AFAIK, there is no plans that TK would reopen that specific satellite lounge and open lounges at concourses. In their first plans, they were planning to open a satellite lounge at the end of concourse D which was planned to be only used by Turkish Airlines aircraft, but in the end, it didn't work and as the D concourse is being used by other carriers, probably the plan of the satellite lounge is cancelled.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thanks, based upon some data gathering from this thread and the other TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread
#3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms thread, I should be able to:
4. Check out Istanbul

This would work as Stewie Mac mentioned.
tejasjog and cager like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This would work as Stewie Mac mentioned.
Just wanted to thank you ISTFlyer! You have been amazing at answering questions in the Turkish Airlines forum!
shuly, Stewie Mac, CoweyB and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
As of yesterday apparently, lounge entry rules are in effect; only business class passengers can use the business lounge. For the first few weeks Star Gold passengers could also use it, but that’s not the case anymore.
Confirmed today. M&S lounge not too busy though.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Will be interested to see if the Star Gold and business lounge products are differentiated, and if one tends to be more crowded than the other.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
Will be interested to see if the Star Gold and business lounge products are differentiated, and if one tends to be more crowded than the other.
so far, people here wrote that the lounges are almost identical, while the M&S lounge has appeared less crowded.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:08 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerby
I don’t understand how suddenly 30 showers are not enough compared with the 12 in Ataturk?
If they still have the same number of people cleaning the showers between use, and that was the real bottleneck, it would be easy to understand.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.