Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Unfortunately not. I know for sure it’s the US, and Schengen-EU countries but for some reason not non-Schengen EU (such as Croatia, Romania) or non-EU Schengen (Norway, Switzerland). Confusing, I know… Maybe the always knowledgeable @ISTFlyer has a full list?
Hmm. Well it sounds like it’s one of those maybe yes maybe no situations, but it will likely be out of my control. I’ll report back as to what happens. Thanks for the quick reply!
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by as219
Will be arriving IST tomorrow morning in Business, departing the following morning (ie 25 hours later) for the US. I may or may not get my IST-USA BP when I check in late tonight. Assuming I do not get my onword BP, when I arrive in IST, will I be able to use the business class lounge or will it be directed to exit the airport and only be able to use the arrivals lounge? I seem to recall when I arrived in IST last week connecting to an onward flight, I simply followed the transfer signs and went straight to the business class lounge. But I don’t remember if I used my arrival BP, or if I used my onward BP. If I am able to use the business class lounge, is it simple enough to exit the airport or do I have to backtrack to some other place in order to get to passport control?

thanks!
You will not have lounge access on arrival - the TK arrivals lounge is not open yet, and you will not be able to access the departure lounge without your departing boarding pass (which you won't be able to get 25 hours before the flight)
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
You will not have lounge access on arrival - the TK arrivals lounge is not open yet, and you will not be able to access the departure lounge without your departing boarding pass (which you won't be able to get 25 hours before the flight)
You know what, I see my error: I saw a review of the Turkish arrivals lounge, but didn’t pay attention to the actual airport; it’s at Atatürk, which isn’t IST. Ugh. I’ll have to fight
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Unfortunately not. I know for sure it’s the US, and Schengen-EU countries but for some reason not non-Schengen EU (such as Croatia, Romania) or non-EU Schengen (Norway, Switzerland). Confusing, I know… Maybe the always knowledgeable @ISTFlyer has a full list?
Unfortunately, I don't have a list as Turkish Airlines or SHGM never published a list of these countries at a publicly viewable environment.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, I don't have a list as Turkish Airlines or SHGM never published a list of these countries at a publicly viewable environment.
No problem! One would think they’d follow the same list as EU one stop security but clearly there are inconsistencies..
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
As a data point, I once arrived from the US, was trying to connect to EU and I was sent to the general exit/security to go with my transfer. I think the person who sent me was just not aware of the rules but it did happen to me once.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I arrived from YVR and there was only general exit so I had to go through security to get to the lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: STAR ALLIANCE SILVER (FTL); FB SILVER, ACCOR PLATINUM
IST airport - business lounge for payment ?

Hi,
is any business lounge at Istanbul Airport where I can pay for access ?
thx
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:02 am

hi,
arriving from WAW and transferring to MCT with TK in business ... is any choice of business lounge or there is just one ?
thx
Old Oct 29, 2022, 2:10 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
With all due respect - do you really need to ask the same question on 2 different threads and open yet another one? It is well documented on this forum, that IGA Lounge offers paid access. Use search facility or just Google it out...
freefalcon likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by adamsto
hi,
arriving from WAW and transferring to MCT with TK in business ... is any choice of business lounge or there is just one ?
thx
WIth a BP for a TK flight in C/J the TK business lounge is available. No need to use another lounge for pay.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Anyone know how strict the following rule is applied, written on Star Alliance website?
Lounge access policy:
Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning
I arrive at 10 PM in IST and my flight will be at 3 PM the next day. I was hoping to visit the lounge after arriving, go to a hotel and return again to the lounge before taking off.
Anyone tried that?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Anyone know how strict the following rule is applied, written on Star Alliance website?

I arrive at 10 PM in IST and my flight will be at 3 PM the next day. I was hoping to visit the lounge after arriving, go to a hotel and return again to the lounge before taking off.
Anyone tried that?
TK is not following the rule on the *A website both for transfer and originating passengers. You would be able to access the TK Lounge 24 hours before departure if you are eligible to do so and you are welcome to get in to/out of the lounge multiple times.
unusualtravelblog likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
WIth a BP for a TK flight in C/J the TK business lounge is available. No need to use another lounge for pay.
can we use Miles&Smiles lounge as well or just regular business class lounge ?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by adamsto
can we use Miles&Smiles lounge as well or just regular business class lounge ?
They're the exactly the same I believe.. other than no sleeping rooms in the FF lounge. (Wrong info - there are)

Last edited by Schwann; Oct 30, 2022 at 11:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.