Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by petersjp
which lounge is the better one to visit in the morning business or miles and smiles?
They are both identical with the exact same offerings. However, the Business Lounge would be less crowded.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
They are both identical with the exact same offerings. However, the Business Lounge would be less crowded.
Thanks, been a while due to covid since I flew out of Istanbul. I'll use the business one then.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is also my experience. You have better chance of getting a nice chair or even couch in the TK Business lounge.

The Business lounge is to your right (when you enter from the security checks or from the transfer security one level below) and M&S lounge is to your left.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by petersjp
which lounge is the better one to visit in the morning business or miles and smiles?
My experience: They don't let you into the M&S lounge if you have a business boarding pass.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Ok I’m in the Turkish business lounge at IST. Which is the cake you’ve all talked about? There are several kinds of baklava too

Cake?

Cake?

Baklava?

More baklava?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
Ok I’m in the Turkish business lounge at IST. Which is the cake you’ve all talked about? There are several kinds of baklava too

Cake?

Cake?

Baklava?

More baklava?
cakes and postachio roll baklavas are back 🤩🤩🤩
unclepants and DaveS like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In the 3rd pic.
Baklava is to the left and in the center.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Can somebody helps me out with the opening hours of the Domestic lounge? Will arrive at 2:40am and have a domestic connection at 7:30am.

Website from *A shows 5am-1am. I have 24/7 in mind.

Any recommendation for a short nap? Unfortunately the landslide yotel calls 250 euros.

Last question have the domestic lounge a shower?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ooo, love the Hungarian Dobos Cake 🇭🇺🇭🇺🇭🇺

Things are getting back to normal...are spirits back?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by fvn1312
Can somebody helps me out with the opening hours of the Domestic lounge? Will arrive at 2:40am and have a domestic connection at 7:30am.

Website from *A shows 5am-1am. I have 24/7 in mind.

Any recommendation for a short nap? Unfortunately the landslide yotel calls 250 euros.

Last question have the domestic lounge a shower?
no yotel is not 250€ for short time, you can pay by hour, 5h around 100€.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
no yotel is not 250€ for short time, you can pay by hour, 5h around 100€.
That is for the airside Yotel. Landside is booked for the night.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
That is for the airside Yotel. Landside is booked for the night.
Requested via email also the landside Yotel for 4 Hours. For my layover in July they offered my 180 + Tax Euro.

In the meantime TK answered to my request about the domestic lounge.

Turkish Airlines passengers who are Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus members with extra allowance of 1 guest or family members (spouse and child/children up to 25 years of age – The spouse and the child/children are required to enter the lounge together with the member. Service can be received 24/7 for İstanbul Airport.

Still not sure if the dometic lounge operates 27/7 as well.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:31 am

Requested via email also the landside Yotel for 4 Hours. For my layover in July they offered my 180 + Tax Euro.

In the meantime TK answered to my request about the domestic lounge.

Turkish Airlines passengers who are Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus members with extra allowance of 1 guest or family members (spouse and child/children up to 25 years of age – The spouse and the child/children are required to enter the lounge together with the member. Service can be received 24/7 for İstanbul Airport.

Still not sure if the dometic lounge operates 27/7 as well.
I think that Yotel rate would be for the night.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by DaveS
I think that Yotel rate would be for the night.
Nope

Dear Valued Guest;

You may see your special offer landside hotel as below;

xx July 03.00-07.00

Premium Plus King

King size bed

Room size: 312 sqft / 29 sqm

Storage for 2 cabin suitcases

Premium Plus Twin

Twin single size bed

Room size: 312 sqft / 29 sqm

Storage for 2 cabin suitcases

the rate is € 178, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast per room and per day.

Breakfast price is 10€+VAT %8 per person.

Please note that we are not holding any reservation for your request and this offer will be valid until 24 hours.

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:37 am

Nope
It looks like a day/night to me.

the rate is € 178, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast per room and per day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.