Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:44 pm

TK lounges

hello to everyone
at istanbul airport is it better to use the bussines lounge or the M&SM lounge?

and at Bodrum and Antalya airports is it better to use the turkish airlines lounges or the primeclass and CIP lounge respectively (priority pass)?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Younesbnadem
hello to everyone
at istanbul airport is it better to use the bussines lounge or the M&SM lounge?

and at Bodrum and Antalya airports is it better to use the turkish airlines lounges or the primeclass and CIP lounge respectively (priority pass)?
In IST the Business lounge is better, as it is less crowded compared to M&S. The F&B is the same and so are the lay out of the two lounges (besides a gallery in the business lounge which is a cinema in M&S).
Younesbnadem likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I’m flying TK tonight after a break of almost 3 years. Will the business class lounge serve alcohol during Ramadan, anyone been there in the last week or so and can verify?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course it does.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:32 am

Its a ME3 thing with no alcohol, not TK.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks guys, I couldn't remember how it was and someome up thread was mentioning not being able to find wine, so just wanted to check...
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:58 am

I have a flight from ATL to IST where I will be class J and then a short flight from IST to AMM where I will be class V. I know that usually the lounge access is based on the outgoing flight but do they allow for any flexibility on this? Since the longer flight is class J will they allow me to use the lounge?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Laura Wheeler
I have a flight from ATL to IST where I will be class J and then a short flight from IST to AMM where I will be class V. I know that usually the lounge access is based on the outgoing flight but do they allow for any flexibility on this? Since the longer flight is class J will they allow me to use the lounge?
Hi ​​​Laura Wheeler and welcome to FlyerTalk!
Unfortunately, Turkish Airlines does not offer lounge based on arriving flights even if it's a long-haul -> short-haul connection. To use the Turkish Airlines Lounge's, you either need to fly in Business Class to Amman or hold Elite/Elite Plus status with Turkish Airlines ( or Star Alliance Gold at a partner airline ) or be a member of the Turkish Corporate Club.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If I fly HEL-IST in Y and for IST-NBO, hold a ticket in Y and upgrade it with miles, which lounge can I use at IST? As Elite I can enter the M&S lounge, but would the upgrade qualify me for Business Lounge?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by ffay005
If I fly HEL-IST in Y and for IST-NBO, hold a ticket in Y and upgrade it with miles, which lounge can I use at IST? As Elite I can enter the M&S lounge, but would the upgrade qualify me for Business Lounge?
Yes, you would get access to Business Lounge of Turkish Airlines if you fly on Tk issued tickets.
ffay005 and DaveS like this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Is there an arrival lounge at IST?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Is there an arrival lounge at IST?
No, there is no arrivals lounge at IST at the moment.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:33 am

We’re arriving to Istanbul at 11:30 PM and have an 8 AM connecting flight onwards and plan to go to the Star Gold lounge due to United status.

We are not on a business class ticket though, so that would imply no access to the dedicated sleeping rooms. Are there other areas one can nap and get some rest, not requiring a business class ticket? Thank you
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by nygiants242
We’re arriving to Istanbul at 11:30 PM and have an 8 AM connecting flight onwards and plan to go to the Star Gold lounge due to United status.

We are not on a business class ticket though, so that would imply no access to the dedicated sleeping rooms. Are there other areas one can nap and get some rest, not requiring a business class ticket? Thank you
Star Gold Lounge is called Turkish Airline Miles&Smiles lounge. You WILL get the sleeping suits inside the lounge AFAIK, because you have a connection time of less than 9 hrs (provided you are on connected flights - i.e. one itinerary/booking code). Otherwise you can get also the Sleeping pods outside of the lounge which you pay by hour or the airside Yotel which is a bit on the expensive side compared to hotel prices in Turkey.

Last edited by MitjaPod; Apr 24, 2022 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The last time I was in the business lounge, the showers were all under maintenance. Does anyone know if they are now available? I have a layover after a very long flight and would really want to be able to take a shower…

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.