Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
[QUOTE=Danny Martello;32506722]The International Lounge (Smiles & Miles) was open on the 2nd July. Most likely a dry run. The information was not volunteered during check-in only when I asked about the IGA lounge.
Only a handful of people in the lounge with limited offerings but good enough for me. Definitely much better than Lufthansa lounges FRA, MUC. Lentil soup, pide - delicious, at the salad bar small pre-packaged mezze and desserts, bread, etc, non-alcoholic drinks. I thought a beginning and happy with it. The few people were remarkable disciplined masks only off while eating. When on the phone speaking with the mask on. And we better be disciplined or we will stop flying again. Unfortunately, a lot of people still don't understand droplet infection - airborne infection. They don the masks and when talking - with some it is more like shouting - they take them off. It does not get more idiotic. Droplets are released through breathing, talking, singing, coughing, sneezing. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875
Sounds a bit off topic - but I want to create awareness.[/QUOTE

Seems you have quiet a panic of Corona.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
[QUOTE=northernstar84;32512484]
Originally Posted by Danny Martello
The International Lounge (Smiles & Miles) was open on the 2nd July. Most likely a dry run. The information was not volunteered during check-in only when I asked about the IGA lounge.
Only a handful of people in the lounge with limited offerings but good enough for me. Definitely much better than Lufthansa lounges FRA, MUC. Lentil soup, pide - delicious, at the salad bar small pre-packaged mezze and desserts, bread, etc, non-alcoholic drinks. I thought a beginning and happy with it. The few people were remarkable disciplined masks only off while eating. When on the phone speaking with the mask on. And we better be disciplined or we will stop flying again. Unfortunately, a lot of people still don't understand droplet infection - airborne infection. They don the masks and when talking - with some it is more like shouting - they take them off. It does not get more idiotic. Droplets are released through breathing, talking, singing, coughing, sneezing. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875
Sounds a bit off topic - but I want to create awareness.[/QUOTE

Seems you have quiet a panic of Corona.
Not even remotely, never had. I have had Covid-19, a very mild form.Contracted it very early in the year. Was not even aware of it at the time. Recently got an antibody test,, part of a study. No it is stupidity and ignorance what gets me going and that borders will be closing again, Many still not open. I do not know where you have been these past months and whether you are aware of what it has done to the airlines and other sectors, the economy in general. Well, then....
zap7 and G_G like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I just found this image at Foursquare when browsing the web.
It's taken from one of the Miles&Smiles or Business Lounges recently.

https://tr.foursquare.com/v/turkish-...29a13367e350a4
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I just found this image at Foursquare when browsing the web.
It's taken from one of the Miles&Smiles or Business Lounges recently.

https://tr.foursquare.com/v/turkish-...29a13367e350a4
Plastic is fantastic. Where its Greta ? Didnt we have a climate hysteria one year ago ?
no_idea, TPJ and jackmaninov like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Domestic Lounges - Open
International Lounges - Both the Miles&Smiles and Business Lounges are closed, passengers are directed to the iGA Lounge ( contract lounge ) instead

I don’t have any information about the offerings at the lounges.
Any updates on this by today, July 15th? Has the dry run been converted into an opening of the lounge?

I think about traveling this weekend on a connection through IST, would be interesting to know. Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 2:24 am
Suspended

Do they still keep the iGA lounge open 24/7 or have opening hours been restricted due to the coronavirus?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
From an environmental and sustainability perspective these single-use plastic covers and bags are extremely irritating!
There are compostable alternatives but it seems those are too expensive for the airline industry (not only Tk).
So we will all eat that micro plastic in our food soon. Bon appetite!
DaveS and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
From an environmental and sustainability perspective these single-use plastic covers and bags are extremely irritating!
There are compostable alternatives but it seems those are too expensive for the airline industry (not only Tk).
That was my first thought when I saw them. I know the hygiene is important, but we will have all seen the videos about plastic waste that TK were running a few months ago. I am sure this plastic will not be recycled. Such a shame
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:07 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
This is all about cost cutting. If they wanted to they could easily do a limited menu of cooked to order/plated food options that would be just as "safe" as these packaged options.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In a nice post-industrial world that was an issue, now we are in a Covid world, no one cares. I remember at the beginning reading something out of Sweden about all the non-recyclable/re-usable masks and PPE and what a shame it was. That died out pretty quickly and such matters are really not at the top of anyone's concerns currently.
jackmaninov likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Any updates on this by today, July 15th? Has the dry run been converted into an opening of the lounge?

I think about traveling this weekend on a connection through IST, would be interesting to know. Thanks.
The Miles&Smiles Lounge has already opened, however, the Business Lounge remains closed.

Originally Posted by Stuttgart21
Do they still keep the iGA lounge open 24/7 or have opening hours been restricted due to the coronavirus?
If I’m not wrong, it’s open 7/24.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The Miles&Smiles Lounge has already opened, however, the Business Lounge remains closed.
Are business-class passengers directed to the M&S lounge?

It would make sense.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Are business-class passengers directed to the M&S lounge?

It would make sense.
Yes, they are directed to the M&S Lounge
Even at pre-COVID both lounges didn't have any difference other than the art gallery/cinema room and the number of passengers inside. The Business Lounge was just more quiet than the M&S Lounge.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yes, they are directed to the M&S Lounge
Even at pre-COVID both lounges didn't have any difference other than the art gallery/cinema room and the number of passengers inside. The Business Lounge was just more quiet than the M&S Lounge.
I suppose it was a smart move to have two (almost) equal lounges, then define their users so as to get more-or-less the same occupancy in each. Smart or lucky

I tortured myself working out the best lounge to aim for to get a sleeping room. The friendly girl manning the "spa" reception desk said there really wasn't a difference .... and if she didn't have a room free she'd call her colleague in the other lounge to reserve one for me. The chap before me had a sleeping room RESERVED: I asked him how come, and he explained it was a corporate perk.

I guess it's going to be an even longer wait now for the Third Lounge !
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:38 am

I am currently in the domestic lounge, I think the elite plus side is closed. Food is limited to the prepackaged sandwiches and cakes that they serve in economy.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.