Wiki Posts
Search

Flew Thai but not getting miles on TK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Flew Thai but not getting miles on TK

I flew Thai airlines (Star Alliance) from BOM to BKK to PVG. When i tried adding the leg to my Turkish account the helpdesk lady replied over phone saying that this ticket is not eligible for miles.

Two questions:
(a) Is there a way to check during booking whether a certain ticket's fare booking class is eligible for miles on Miles and Smiles?
(b) My e ticket does not show the booking class. The boarding pass also does not. Is there a way to find my booking class?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
DIY via TK web site. If eligible your miles will be added instantly.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Unless you fly on a redemption booking, TG call center folks will have no idea what TK FF earnings on TG are. Just HUACA (hung up and call again) or DYI via TG web site.
Thanks! Just to clarify: I called up the Turkish Miles and Smiles helpdesk and not Thai. But sure, I can try calling them again.

Also, I tried adding the flight manually on the Miles and Smiles "missing miles" page but it gives me a "technical error". But that says nothing, because from past experience it mostly always gives an error for flights flown on Air India (star alliance) as well.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ays/index.html

Thai has lots of booking classes that don't earn miles with Turkish. I suspect you booked a cheap economy fare that doesn't earn miles.
ElJudioErrante and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ays/index.html

Thai has lots of booking classes that don't earn miles with Turkish. I suspect you booked a cheap economy fare that doesn't earn miles.
Thanks! This helps. Now only thing left for me is to figure out which booking class I was booked under on my Thai flight. Do you know how I can find that out? Any tools or websites? The e-ticket nor the boarding pass show the booking class unfortunately.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by milemantis
... Now only thing left for me is to figure out which booking class I was booked under on my Thai flight. Do you know how I can find that out? Any tools or websites? The e-ticket nor the boarding pass show the booking class unfortunately.
The BP usually doesn’t include the class but the eTicket does. Where did you buy the ticket from? If directly from TG, it is surely there.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks! This helps. Now only thing left for me is to figure out which booking class I was booked under on my Thai flight. Do you know how I can find that out? Any tools or websites? The e-ticket nor the boarding pass show the booking class unfortunately.
I tend to run a Matrix search to search for an identical fare on the route. (before booking is even better! )
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby

The BP usually doesn’t include the class but the eTicket does. Where did you buy the ticket from? If directly from TG, it is surely there.
Unfortunately, no not direct, Was through a website (www.makemytrip.com ) I again checked their ticket & it did not have the fare class. Any workarounds to get to the fare class knowing the eticket no, or PNR? I guess I can try to call both the third party site & TG.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I guess I can try to call both the third party site & TG.
Yes that’s the way to go.
BTW sometimes they write the fare basis. The first letter of the fate basis is the class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.