Yotel Istanbul New Airport

Old Mar 27, 19, 2:39 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 974
Yotel Istanbul New Airport

Received an email from the Yotel "pre arrival supervisor" at the new airport and according to them, both the airside AND the landside section of the hotel will open on 7th April 2019.

"YOTEL will open a new 451-cabin hotel at Istanbul New Airport. The hotel is split over two zones - airside (after security) and landside (before security). Based on current progress, the airside section of the hotel and the landside section will open on 7th April 2019. Once open, YOTEL will be the only hotel at the airport. For more information please visit https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yotel-istanbul-airport"

cheapest AIRSIDE rate quoted:
4 hours, the rate is € 95, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
5 hours, the rate is € 105, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
6 hours, the rate is € 115, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
7 hours, the rate is € 125, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
8 hours, the rate is € 135, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
9 hours, the rate is € 145, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
10 hours and above, the rate is € 195, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast

cheapest LANDSIDE rate quoted:
Premium Queen Cabin
Queen size adjustable SmartBedTM Cabin size: 140 sqft / 13 sqm Storage for 2 cabin suitcases
1 night, the rate is € 140, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
ISTFlyer and Fahad1 like this.
gr8pirate is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Posts: 1,957
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
Received an email from the Yotel "pre arrival supervisor" at the new airport and according to them, both the airside AND the landside section of the hotel will open on 7th April 2019.

"YOTEL will open a new 451-cabin hotel at Istanbul New Airport. The hotel is split over two zones - airside (after security) and landside (before security). Based on current progress, the airside section of the hotel and the landside section will open on 7th April 2019. Once open, YOTEL will be the only hotel at the airport. For more information please visit https://www.yotel.com/en/hotels/yotel-istanbul-airport"

cheapest AIRSIDE rate quoted:
4 hours, the rate is € 95, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
5 hours, the rate is € 105, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
6 hours, the rate is € 115, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
7 hours, the rate is € 125, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
8 hours, the rate is € 135, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
9 hours, the rate is € 145, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
10 hours and above, the rate is € 195, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast

cheapest LANDSIDE rate quoted:
Premium Queen Cabin
Queen size adjustable SmartBedTM Cabin size: 140 sqft / 13 sqm Storage for 2 cabin suitcases
1 night, the rate is € 140, excluding 8% VAT and breakfast
Thanks for sharing this information.
Due to the high demand, it seems that YOTEL has increased the 4h price from €70 + KDV ( VAT ) to €95 + KDV ( VAT ).
There would be lots of people not willing to pay a visa or not want to risk missing their flight due to traffic, immigration & security lines so I think that the YOTEL do good business.
Also as they have increased the price, I could tell that %99.99 the Turkish Airlines free stopover hotel won't be the YOTEL as well. As TK didn't contract the TAV Airport Hotel for their passengers at Atatürk Airport, it would be the same here. So for eligible passengers for a hotel stopover, get ready for a minimum 30min x 2 = 1h bus ( minibus ) ride at your stopover.

Btw, I think that this thread should move to the Europe forum or the respective hotel forum for YOTEL.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:53 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 974
So for eligible passengers for a hotel stopover, get ready for a minimum 30min x 2 = 1h bus ( minibus ) ride at your stopover.
For what it’s worth (being a real freak occurrence in my experience) a few weeks ago it took the hotel bus 40 minutes from the international terminal to drive out past the security checkpoint, so those 30 minutes could actually be an improvement.

Btw, I think that this thread should move to the Europe forum or the respective hotel forum for YOTEL
You’re probably right, should have thought of that, but I’ll leave that up to admin.
gr8pirate is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:41 am
  #4  
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: BRU
Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Posts: 6,513
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post

You’re probably right, should have thought of that, but I’ll leave that up to admin.
I'm happy enough to keep this here given the strong relevance for TK pax.

starflyergold
TK forum mod
craigthemif and wrp96 like this.
starflyergold is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 3:29 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DTW
Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Posts: 2,027
Booked Airside Twins 4 hours for 140 Euros for my parents, talk about highway robery, thinking about canceling
vincewy is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 4:46 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 974
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Booked Airside Twins 4 hours for 140 Euros for my parents, talk about highway robery, thinking about canceling
I booked 9 hours for €145 plus tax for myself. Not all happy about it either, but for as long as I don’t know viable alternatives around the new airport, I’ll put up with it.
gr8pirate is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 8:13 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: China
Programs: Oneworld Sapphire, Star Alliance Gold
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post


I booked 9 hours for €145 plus tax for myself. Not all happy about it either, but for as long as I don’t know viable alternatives around the new airport, I’ll put up with it.
Pretty insane considering how cheap hotels are in downtown Istanbul..
Granite64 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 19, 10:13 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 974
Originally Posted by Granite64 View Post
Pretty insane considering how cheap hotels are in downtown Istanbul..
If I factor in the time going back and forth to downtown plus a little buffer for peace of mind, there isn’t much time left to relax in the window I have.

Will be happy to explore more financially sensible alternatives in the future, but am playing it safe for this one, especially given that this will be day 3 of full operations at the new IST.
gr8pirate is offline  
Old Apr 13, 19, 6:32 am
  #9  
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ASIA
Programs: TK Elite, ALLPlus Platinum (formerly known as Le Club AccorHotels), Hertz PC
Posts: 3,464
Question Re the new Yotel air and landside. If we arrive at 11pm and depart again at 7:30am, have no issues with visa to get into Turkey, is there any reason why we should still book the YotelAir instead of the landside one?

We'd also have no issues with immigration as we are M&S Gold.
gilbertaue is offline  
Old Apr 13, 19, 6:42 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 974
Originally Posted by gilbertaue View Post
Question Re the new Yotel air and landside. If we arrive at 11pm and depart again at 7:30am, have no issues with visa to get into Turkey, is there any reason why we should still book the YotelAir instead of the landside one?

We'd also have no issues with immigration as we are M&S Gold.
Not really, especially if landside is cheaper..
gilbertaue likes this.
gr8pirate is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:32 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 3,472
Guessing it shouldn't be an issue visiting the Biz lounge while staying overnight at the Yotel Airside?
Jimgotkp is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 5:30 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Posts: 1,957
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Guessing it shouldn't be an issue visiting the Biz lounge while staying overnight at the Yotel Airside?
You could visit the lounges ( in case you are eligible for them ), during your stay at the YOTEL airside.
Why did you think, it should be an issue?
Jimgotkp likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 19, 19, 5:33 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DTW
Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Guessing it shouldn't be an issue visiting the Biz lounge while staying overnight at the Yotel Airside?
Not at all as long as you have boarding pass. I had 18 hours overnight transit earlier in May, arriving near midnight, went to the lounge for some food, went to hotel near airport (Park Inn Odayeri), returned to the airport later in the afternoon and used the lounge again.
Jimgotkp likes this.
vincewy is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 12:33 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 22
Hi. We arrive in Istanbul Airport at 2230 and fly the next morning around 0630.

We plan to stay at one of the Yotels. The most important thing for us is to try to get as much sleep as possible. Is time saved by staying airside versus landside? We have e-visas that we will use on the outgoing trip when we have more free time in Istanbul.

Also, when should we go toward our gate for our international flight at 0630? This will help me calculate if I should try to book an hourly room or an overnight room. Thank you.
TornCalfGuy is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 12:40 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Posts: 1,957
Airside would be a little bit expensive; however, it would save time in terms of passport control, possible customs baggage scan, etc...

By the way, the time that you should arrive at the gate depends on where is your flight to; if it's a flight to a destination without extras security ( Bucharest, Dubai, Moscow, Paris, etc... ) 45 minutes to an hour before scheduled departure would be OK. However, if it's a destination requiring extra security ( London, New York, Tel Aviv, etc... ) allow a time slot between 1h to 1h30 min.
ISTFlyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread