Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Re-qualified for Elite but now it doesn't show after IT mess

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

We flew 26xxx miles within the first re-qualifying year and after I made it I used the old "card operation" and got confirmations that we re-qualified. I didn't check until today for my status and now it suddenly said I need another 1000 miles to re-qualify. Then I checked my children accounts (they fly with me so it's easy to calculate the miles), one child account once said she has elite until 2021 but then when I logged out and logged in again it said she needs 25000 to qualify! For the others it's the same!

I double checked by making an excel sheet based on my account statement and worked out 26xxx miles for each of us. I sent it via feedback form to TK and hoping that something will work out by the end of this month (my membership year starts in April).

Anyone has the same issue?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
We flew 26xxx miles within the first re-qualifying year and after I made it I used the old "card operation" and got confirmations that we re-qualified. I didn't check until today for my status and now it suddenly said I need another 1000 miles to re-qualify. Then I checked my children accounts (they fly with me so it's easy to calculate the miles), one child account once said she has elite until 2021 but then when I logged out and logged in again it said she needs 25000 to qualify! For the others it's the same!

I double checked by making an excel sheet based on my account statement and worked out 26xxx miles for each of us. I sent it via feedback form to TK and hoping that something will work out by the end of this month (my membership year starts in April).

Anyone has the same issue?
Yes, I had the same issue. Qualified after the first year, but still showed missing miles (I think I've posted it in the past).

After submistting feedback form they did come back and confirm that I did indeed qualify (though used the Turkey resident miles requirements instead of none Turkey resident).

I cannot say what will happen in the end, my qualification period is not over yet, and I've met the qualifications for both 1 year and 2 years.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Yes, I had the same issue. Qualified after the first year, but still showed missing miles (I think I've posted it in the past).

After submistting feedback form they did come back and confirm that I did indeed qualify (though used the Turkey resident miles requirements instead of none Turkey resident).

I cannot say what will happen in the end, my qualification period is not over yet, and I've met the qualifications for both 1 year and 2 years.
I guess you found out after the IT system upgrade? They claimed I needed 700 miles out of 37500 miles which is the rate for non-Turkish residents. My period runs out the end of this month. I spent 30 minutes putting in all the flight from the messy statements and submitted to TK.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:19 pm

I guess you found out after the IT system upgrade?
Correct. It showed correctly before the upgrade, just all messed up after the upgrade.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
On a related note: a fellow FT'er and frequent flyer just entered his re-qualification year, and, he credited 286 status miles to his TK M&S account: but, the round progress still shows 0%. However, on the miles needed to requalify, it shows that he needs less 286 status miles from 37500 status miles to re-qualify in the 2 year period?!! Any of you observed something similar?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I know - somehow they expect a 2 years period - that's why my account ended up lacking 500 miles! I got my 26xxx miles in my first year but that doesn't register at all after the IT mess. My kids account were even worse, once I logged into one of the accounts and found that she re-qualified as it should, then 5 minutes later they claimed that she needs 25000 to re-qualify!

This is holy mess and I hope they will get my account back to normal soon as my elite status runs out the end of this month.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
I will check my account and I'll ask my friend to do the same: both on app and website, and will report back! Literally strategizing my year's worth of travel based on this re-qual!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I 'requalified' for E+ at the end of February with 59k miles in the first year but this does not show in the TK system. Instead, it shows that I still require 1k miles. After complaining to TK, they sent an e-mail apologising for continuing problems with their IT system. My total mileage is also only 10% of what it should be.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnirvine
I 'requalified' for E+ at the end of February with 59k miles in the first year but this does not show in the TK system. Instead, it shows that I still require 1k miles. After complaining to TK, they sent an e-mail apologising for continuing problems with their IT system. My total mileage is also only 10% of what it should be.
You still have a year to correct the problem, we have slightly more than 2 weeks - which is absolutely annoying. Their mileage statement is not even neat - every entry they almost duplicate (just the entry, no extra miles), and the whole thing is just a mess.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:41 am

You still have a year to correct the problem, we have slightly more than 2 weeks - which is absolutely annoying. Their mileage statement is not even neat - every entry they almost duplicate (just the entry, no extra miles), and the whole thing is just a mess.
I also had a big problem with incorrectly credited miles on an upgraded four-sector intercontinental economy ticket (25% instead of 100%). Contacting THY by telephone and e-mail proved absolutely useless - they are snowed under by complainants! However, I did manage to get the mileage errors corrected by sending a simply constructed registered letter to the Istanbul address given on the old form used to request missing mileage. You should perhaps do the same in respect to your problem.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Contacting THY by telephone and e-mail proved absolutely useless - they are snowed under by complainants! However, I did manage to get the mileage errors corrected by sending a simply constructed registered letter to the Istanbul address given on the old form used to request missing mileage. You should perhaps do the same in respect to your problem.
No need to use technology of the 80s, technology of the 90s (https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...mer-relations/) works great too (or even better).
:-)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby

No need to use technology of the 80s, technology of the 90s (https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...mer-relations/) works great too (or even better).
:-)
In my experience, this approach currently generates only garbage since there are too many complaints for TK staff to deal with. I use 1980s technology only as a last resort!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:21 am

is there a difference? is it checked?
thanks for your help.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
is there a difference? is it checked?
thanks for your help.
They used the Turkey resident re-qualifying requirements instead of the non-Turkey resident. At that time it did not matter, as I had more than 30,000 miles in the first year (the cut off is 25,000 for non-resident, 30,000 for resident).

Despite their assurance the status did not change online until I've passed the 37,500 miles required for the second year.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
They used the Turkey resident re-qualifying requirements instead of the non-Turkey resident. At that time it did not matter, as I had more than 30,000 miles in the first year (the cut off is 25,000 for non-resident, 30,000 for resident).

Despite their assurance the status did not change online until I've passed the 37,500 miles required for the second year.
I'm sorry to tell, but there is no more difference for non-Turkey residents and residents of Turkey. So you need to pass 45000 miles required for the second year. However, your case is a bit strange because you already had the 30000 miles required for the first year.

Source:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.