Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

When does status expiry upgrade after renewal ?

When does status expiry upgrade after renewal ?

Old Feb 24, 19, 2:44 am
  #1  
cln
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Europe/SEA
Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Posts: 1,653
When does status expiry upgrade after renewal ?

Hello FT community,

my dad has:

Card level ELITE

Expiry date August 31, 2019

he the counter shows 100% for renewal since NOV 18.

for me it is ELITE PLUS
I renewed in MAY Last year, i made all the flights needed to renew status and the counter showed 100% for E+.
My Expiry date is JUNE 31, 2019

now of course some status miles expired in the meantime, my counter is at ~65% now..

When will the new Expiration dates will be shown ? Is it after the current ones expire or should we start to worry ?
cln is offline  
Old Feb 24, 19, 2:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,165
Read your monthly email statement. The website isn't very reliable.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Feb 24, 19, 10:46 pm
  #3  
cln
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Europe/SEA
Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Posts: 1,653
This is from October 18th statement email, cant find any newer *_*
Will it update after the current expiration date ?
Status MilesRequired Status Miles for Elite Plus requalification (*The first year or **the total of the first and second year as of the beginning of the membership are considered)40000* / 60000**Status Miles in the first year / Status Miles within the first and second year42153 / 42153Elite Plus Membership Start Date29.07.2017Elite Plus membership Expire Date31.07.2019
cln is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 1:41 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,165
You reached 40k status miles in your first year, so in August you'll start seeing status expiry of 31.07.2021.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 3:50 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,124
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Read your monthly email statement. The website isn't very reliable.
On a different note: Are you still getting TK M&S monthly Miles statement? I seemed to have stopped getting them.
cln likes this.
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 19, 4:11 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MUC
Programs: TK M&S Elite+
Posts: 100
No, the last Miles & Smiles Account Statement eMail I received is dated 5. November.
Guess its related to their IT maintenance in November. I opened a support ticket.
cln likes this.
cloudzocker is online now  
Old Feb 25, 19, 5:19 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,124
Originally Posted by cloudzocker View Post
No, the last Miles & Smiles Account Statement eMail I received is dated 5. November.
Guess its related to their IT maintenance in November. I opened a support ticket.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Mine stopped in October!
cln likes this.
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Feb 26, 19, 2:36 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Posts: 4,988
Originally Posted by cln View Post
Hello FT community,

my dad has:

Card level ELITE

Expiry date August 31, 2019

he the counter shows 100% for renewal since NOV 18.

for me it is ELITE PLUS
I renewed in MAY Last year, i made all the flights needed to renew status and the counter showed 100% for E+.
My Expiry date is JUNE 31, 2019

now of course some status miles expired in the meantime, my counter is at ~65% now..

When will the new Expiration dates will be shown ? Is it after the current ones expire or should we start to worry ?
I got exactly same issue here. Period ends end of May and I would not like to fight with TK afterwards if downgraded, should I take this with them already now to correct the false miles status? Anyone with experience and fixed it already?
I would not like to raise a service ticket on this (due to extensive stress it will anyhow bring with handling with them idiots) now if it just turns out in the end that my elite+ is renewed after all despite the glitch in the account page.
my last ”miles statement” came september last year and got none after that. Statement shows I am requalified by the first year just above 41000 miles.
FFlash is offline  
Old Feb 26, 19, 11:40 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
I would not like to raise a service ticket on this (due to extensive stress it will anyhow bring with handling with them idiots) now if it just turns out in the end that my elite+ is renewed after all despite the glitch in the account page.
my last ”miles statement” came september last year and got none after that. Statement shows I am requalified by the first year just above 41000 miles.
That's exactly what I did 3 days ago and yesterday they did confirm, that my status is valid until 09/21, which will shown after 10/19 on my profile.
axxoo25 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: