Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

February-March 2019: Up to x3 status miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...tr&utm_term=tr

Turkish Airlines had introduced a new campaign tonight. Those who want to maintain their status or expand their status have the chance to earn x2 status miles on all their Economy Class flights and x3 status miles on all Business Class flights booked and flown on the designated time frame.

Just be aware that only flights from Turkey to Europe and Europe to Turkey are permitted.
FE: You won't be earning x3 miles if you buy a CGK-IST-LHR ticket for your IST-LHR leg. An airport in Turkey should be used as a destination.

I am not sure if a possible domestic connection counts as the x3 miles which could add 6000 status miles for no extra charge.

Also pay attention to the cities that doesn't count.

Terms and conditions

• The offer is valid for tickets issued between 19/02/19 - 10/03/19, with travel dates between 25/02/19 - 31/03/19.
  • The offer is only valid on one-way and round trip flight(s) in Economy Class and Business Class from Turkey to Europe or from Europe to Turkey.
  • Within the scope of the special offer, an additional Status Miles for Economy Class and twice additional Status Miles for Business Class will be awarded to members.
  • Extra Miles earned will be added collectively to member accounts until 30/04/2019.
  • To benefit from the offer, all flights must be registered before flights using the Miles&Smiles card. Registrations after flights are not included in the special offer.
  • The related promotion is only valid on scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights, Star Alliance partner airline flights and AnadoluJet flights.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the related parties found to have contravened any rules.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change terms and conditions, definitions and other information pertaining to the special offer and to cancel the offer at any time.
  • The right of use cannot be transferred within the scope of the offer.
  • The offer is not valid for flights departing from/arriving to Venice, Bucharest, Kiev, Zaporizhia, Skopje, Minsk, Bremen, Cologne, Salzburg, Vienna, Hannover, Kharkiv, Zagreb, Bari, Catania, Dublin, Edinburgh and Manchester.
  • Only members received offer with their Miles&Smiles member ID may benefit from the campaign. In case of multiple Miles&Smiles membership ID under the same contact, only the member/members indicated in offer will be eligible to the campaign.
  • A Miles&Smiles member can benefit from additional Status Miles offer up to 10.000 Status miles.
  • A Miles&Smiles member can only use acquired Status Miles to keep or upgrade the membership status. No additional bonus miles will be awarded besides the bonus miles awarded from related flights.
  • Only Miles&Smiles members may benefit from the offer. For non-members to benefit from the offer, they must first become Miles&Smiles members.
By the way I have received the e-mail about this promotion.

For cheapest J class fares from Istanbul,

Try booking the Vilnius or Tallinn route from Atatürk Airport or try booking from SAW to Germany, Brussels or the Netherlands. Also CDG, VKO, LGW, FRA & MUC flights from Istanbul Airport are cheap. Flights departing from Ankara is included to the promotion but J class fares are too high.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: TK Elite
Only members received offer with their Miles&Smiles member ID may benefit from the campaign.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
I wonder if this counts on the Europe-IST portion of an intercontinental itinerary. For example, MUC-IST-ORD.
ktosayev likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by finlandokie
I wonder if this counts on the Europe-IST portion of an intercontinental itinerary. For example, MUC-IST-ORD.
Probably no. Check the flight points section in the link. The legs of the journey must start in Europe and end in Turkey or start in Turkey and end in Europe.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Feb 19, 2019 at 6:37 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I had the first leg of a London to Istanbul flight in biz credit today but only the usual 2,491 miles credited to my account without the promised 3x miles set out in the offer.

Ticket was purchased on 21 February and travel out and back was on 18 March so I appear to be within the terms of the offer (and I received an email about it so appear to have been targeted)

Just wondering if if anyone else has had the additional points credit properly or not at all before I get back to TK?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I had the first leg of a London to Istanbul flight in biz credit today but only the usual 2,491 miles credited to my account without the promised 3x miles set out in the offer.

Ticket was purchased on 21 February and travel out and back was on 18 March so I appear to be within the terms of the offer (and I received an email about it so appear to have been targeted)

Just wondering if if anyone else has had the additional points credit properly or not at all before I get back to TK?
There is this statement on the Terms&Conditions
Extra Miles earned will be added collectively to member accounts until 30/04/2019

If you don't receive the miles on the 1st of May contact TK via the feedback form.
It's also interesting that TK has deleted the T&C's from their website.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is this statement on the Terms&Conditions
Extra Miles earned will be added collectively to member accounts until 30/04/2019

If you don't receive the miles on the 1st of May contact TK via the feedback form.
It's also interesting that TK has deleted the T&C's from their website.

Thanks ISTFlyer - i remember reading that and wondering what “collectively” meant.

I also noted the t&cs had gone but was less worried as I assumed this was because the short qualifying window had expired.

I will wait a little longer.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:42 am

I sent off a claim for the missing extra status miles but the TK response was just sending me back the full terms and conditions of the promotion!

I will wait until the end of the period to see what happens but I just wanted to ask if anyone has had the extra status miles credited to their account following a flight?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TK response was just sending me back the full terms and conditions of the promotion!
Was not surprised to hear an answer like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

@CoweyB Did you receive the extra miles that you should receive? My bet would go to "No" but they should have credited those miles until today.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
@CoweyB Did you receive the extra miles that you should receive? My bet would go to "No" but they should have credited those miles until today.
Of course not....!!!

I am waiting to see if anything updates overnight before sending raising it with TK.

What about others?

Did anyone who has flown during this period actually receive the bonus status miles yet, or are you, like me, still waiting?

Old May 1, 2019, 9:14 am

Nothing updated overnight, so I sent off a feedback form today with copies of my boarding passes and passport details and now I wait.

Has anybody who flew under the terms of campaign had their additional status points added to their accounts?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:49 am

Well I haven’t heard back from TK in respect of the case I raised with them but I see that 9,964 status miles have just gone into my account.

This is, of course, double, not triple the miles for a return trip from London to IST but as the triple amount specified in the offer was capped at 10,000 status miles I’m not going to complain over the 36 miles I am still owed.

I am never reminded of a phrase my Northern Ireland grandmother would say: “Sure there’s always a handling with them...”

But the good news is that these additional miles, along with my flight to Athens in September will get enough status miles to renew my Elite for another two years.

Did anyone get them added properly?
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well I haven’t heard back from TK in respect of the case I raised with them but I see that 9,964 status miles have just gone into my account.

This is, of course, double, not triple the miles for a return trip from London to IST but as the triple amount specified in the offer was capped at 10,000 status miles I’m not going to complain over the 36 miles I am still owed.

I am never reminded of a phrase my Northern Ireland grandmother would say: “Sure there’s always a handling with them...”

But the good news is that these additional miles, along with my flight to Athens in September will get enough status miles to renew my Elite for another two years.

Did anyone get them added properly?
Thanks for the update
Old May 11, 2019, 8:41 am

My promo miles still haven’t posted. Guess it’s time to contact TK and hope for the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.