Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK website lists birth date off by one day

Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

I'm making a reservation on the TK website, and enter the passenger details including birth date, e.g. April 9, XXXX. On the reservation info screen, it lists the date I entered, e.g. April 9, XXXX. When I go to the payment screen (to enter my CC number) it lists the birth date as being one day before, e.g. April 8, XXXX.

Anyone run into this before?

Maybe a timezone glitch (I'm in the USA, the website is in Turkey I'm guessing?) but I'd rather not take any chances here to have problems when checking in.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I have this all the time - I am also based in the US. You can go ahead with your booking, never had any issues!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
noticed the same/similar issue, me and my wife we both have our profile saved in the website and i'm booking few flights per year always by using the same data collected in the website; which are reporting our correct birthdays. last month i booked a flight and in the confirmation page the site was automatically reporting our birthdays with one day difference.
i called the elite line and thye said they have the right dates in the system and that in any case, birthday is not a relevant data which can be adjusted at any time with no penalties, but it should be solved automatically as might be a system mistake.
so i did the booking regularly

my flight is next month hope nothing strange happens, but while doing online check-in should be able to enter all correct passport info again inc ase of need

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.