Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Turkish Airlines coming to Newark?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Is Turkish Airlines coming to Newark?

Hi,
i read on some of the frequent flyer blogs that Turkish is resuming flights to Newark in August but I don’t see any news on the airline’s website. Does anyone know if the service will resume? Having Turkish in Newark makes sense considering how extensive Star Alliance partner United has there.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It was announced back in August but flights have not yet been loaded. Turkish Airlines - 02.08.2018 - Public Disclosures - turkishairlines.com
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Any idea when these flights will be loaded into the system?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

Newark flights are postponed to 2020 as they weren't able to get the time slot they want. If they agreed to have the slot that Port Authority NY & NJ gave passengers wouldn't be able to transfer to most United flights.

Source: Uğur Cebeci ( Turkish aviation journalist's article ):
Host girdi müdür oldu! - U?ur CEBEC?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Newark flights are postponed to 2020 as they weren't able to get the time slot they want. If they agreed to have the slot that Port Authority NY & NJ gave passengers wouldn't be able to transfer to most United flights.
Their first priority is most likely connecting to TK flight banks at IST rather than UA banks at EWR.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dozerman94
Their first priority is most likely connecting to TK flight banks at IST rather than UA banks at EWR.
They already fly to JFK. The prime reason for going to EWR has to be UA connections. Not saying IST connections aren't important, but feeding into UA's schedule has to be just as important.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
They would resume flights to EWR, starting from 17 July 2019.
For more information, please consult this thread;

New TK Destinations for 2019
It's accessible via the TK Miles&Smiles forum main menu.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yet, there has been no official announcement and EWR is not even recognized as a destination on turkishairlines.com.............. Normally this would be live at least 30 days before a route is launched.
max_kolesne and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:36 am

Any further information on the EWR route?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
I haven’t seen anything. Anyone else?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:01 am

Turkish Airlines resumes Newark service from May 2020

Turkish Airlines in summer 2020 season plans to expand service to New York area, as the airline resumes Istanbul – Newark route. From 25MAY20, Airbus A330-300 aircraft to operate this route once daily.

TK029 IST1835 – 2230EWR 333 D
TK030 EWR0025 – 1710IST 333 D

The Star Alliance carrier launched Istanbul – Brussels – Newark and Istanbul – Newark service twice weekly each from October 1992, switching to Istanbul – Newark nonstop only by August 1993, and operated until October 1994.

Source:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-may-2020/
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little bit of sophistry by TK or routesonline, or someone............I flew TK in October 1993, February or March 1994, and again another RT around then, and while they may have filed somewhere to be nonstop, I can assure you that they were still going via BRU on all of these flights!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Will TK be operating out of Terminal B? I am arriving in Terminal A around 22:30 and the TK flight departs just after midnight. This is all on one ticket and the flights are in August (Aeroplan).

The United shuttle bus is probably not running at that time. Will I have enough time to hoof it over on foot as opposed to taking the Air Train? I will have TSA Pre-check and/or business class privileges.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Will TK be operating out of Terminal B? I am arriving in Terminal A around 22:30 and the TK flight departs just after midnight. This is all on one ticket and the flights are in August (Aeroplan).

The United shuttle bus is probably not running at that time. Will I have enough time to hoof it over on foot as opposed to taking the Air Train? I will have TSA Pre-check and/or business class privileges.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
As far as it stands, TK would operate at Terminal B but we still don't have information whether they would use concourse B2 or B3. You should be fine, as 1h40min is high enough to make the transfer if you have a steady walking pace and if your previous flight arrives on time you would have time to walk as well. My recent security experience at Newark Terminal B after 22:30 ( late Feb 2020 ) was that the Priority lane was closed, no TSA PreCheck either, only one agent for document check and everyone would receive service within the normal security procedures, however, it was empty.

And, by the way, if you arrive with Air Canada, even if the shuttle was running, you wouldn't be able to use the shuttle as UA and AC operate at different concourses of Terminal A which are not connected within the secure area ( post-security ).
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:19 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.