Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Special offers for 30th Anniversary — 30% discounts or extra miles

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador

Just got the email below:

and the link for the promo is: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...nth/index.html

Nice promo for those booking and flying the routes on the page. Interesting to see routes such as NYC with 30% miles promo as well as London with 30% extra miles. Keep in mind you need to book from yesterday and fly in February. I think it is implicit new routes will be changed each month (so you can only take advantage if you book almost in the same month of travel).

Terms:
  1. Ticketing period for this offer: 23.01.2019-28.02.2019 and travel period for this offer: 01.02.2019-28.02.2019. This offer is valid for all stated routes from or to Istanbul
  2. Members will earn %30 more bonus miles on selected routes* or %30 discount on selected routes.
  3. Mileage discount can be applicable one way or round trip tickets on Economy or Business Class cabins and one way or round trip upgrade transactions.
  4. Extra mileage earning offer is valid for one way or round trip tickets.
  5. Extra bonus miles will be added to member accounts at the end of the campaign(10.03.2019)
  6. All Miles&Smiles award ticket rules are applicable for this campaign.
  7. Taxes and extra charges will be collected.
  8. This offer is valid for only Turkish Airlines operated flights. Codeshare flights and flights on Star Alliance’s partners are no valid for this offer.
  9. Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the persons concerned in case of any violation of the rules.
  10. Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change campaign terms and conditions, definitions and other information or to cancel the campaign.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:38 am

Would the extra 30% also count as status miles?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by max_kolesne
Would the extra 30% also count as status miles?
Throughout the terms posted above they always refer to bonus miles - not status- so I'm afraid not. Which obviously makes this less tempting.
max_kolesne likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
I'm interested to see which routes are offered in future months. A bit of a larger promotion than for BA's 100th birthday where I think they covered 8 routes.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Be aware that the upgrade discounts are only available for passengers that have issued the ticket after the beginning of the promotion. Unfortunately, passengers who bought their ticket in advance with a promotional fare wouldn't be available to upgrade their transatlantic flights for 31500 miles.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Be aware that the upgrade discounts are only available for passengers that have issued the ticket after the beginning of the promotion. Unfortunately, passengers who bought their ticket in advance with a promotional fare wouldn't be available to upgrade their transatlantic flights for 31500 miles.
Is that being enforced on the bonus miles routes? i.e. no point crossing your fingers that an already-booked flight will show up on a future month's list.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Is that being enforced on the bonus miles routes? i.e. no point crossing your fingers that an already-booked flight will show up on a future month's list.
Yes, this is being enforced on the left and the right column of the chart at the link. If there is J class availability and if you have booked your flight after 23 Jan and if your flight is until 28 Feb, you are able to upgrade flights to BOS, ORD, HAV, JFK, IAD for 31500 miles and GRU flights for 38500 miles. ( now way ).

Unfortunately, for March or the upcoming months, we must all wait until destinations have been announced. Bookings issued before the announcement of destinations wouldn't be allowed for award&upgrade discount or the bonus miles. That's what I understand from the Turkish and English versions of the T&C's
ricardojrsousa likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

March destinations are now available.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-t...rde/index.html
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
March destinations are now available.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/tr-t...rde/index.html
This is interesting,March offer is "Members will earn %30 more extra miles on selected routes",February offer is "Members will earn %30 more bonus miles on selected routes".
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Terms:[list=1][*]Ticketing period for this offer: 23.01.2019-28.02.2019 and travel period for this offer: 01.02.2019-28.02.2019. This offer is valid for all stated routes from or to Istanbul
This is the dealbreaker for me on the 30% off on redemptions. I don't need to go to/from IST only so can't use this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May destinations have been released. You could find them here;

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.