Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Help in interpreting TK mileage accounting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I've clearly been a bit lazy, naive (whatever) with my TK account. Happy to be Elite+, and until recently emails reassured me that miles were getting added correctly and the monthly statements indicated a balance in the region of what was expected.

But checking the credit from a cancelled award ... the refunded miles don't appear in my "mini statement" although the corresponding exit of miles is there. And the balance is not where I think it should be.

In the meantime, can any kind soul help me make sense of the following figures, and suggest in what way they link together?

Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've clearly been a bit lazy, naive (whatever) with my TK account. Happy to be Elite+, and until recently emails reassured me that miles were getting added correctly and the monthly statements indicated a balance in the region of what was expected.

But checking the credit from a cancelled award ... the refunded miles don't appear in my "mini statement" although the corresponding exit of miles is there. And the balance is not where I think it should be.

In the meantime, can any kind soul help me make sense of the following figures, and suggest in what way they link together?

May I ask, where in the website / app, do you find this screen? Thanks much.

P.S.: Per my understanding: Total miles are your RDMs (redeemable miles); Total Status Miles: these would be the miles needed to renew / maintain your status during the two year period from when you earned / re-qualified for ELPL (during the status year(s)). Total miles since joining: Obviously this is not correct, as, total miles since joining should ALWAYS be GREATER than Total Status Miles (during the status year(s)). I am happy to be corrected, though!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
May I ask, where in the website / app, do you find this screen? Thanks much.

It's under the my account section. Click on show my Miles statement

P.S.: Per my understanding: Total miles are your RDMs (redeemable miles); Total Status Miles: these would be the miles needed to renew / maintain your status during the two year period from when you earned / re-qualified for ELPL (during the status year(s)). Total miles since joining: Obviously this is not correct, as, total miles since joining should ALWAYS be GREATER than Total Status Miles (during the status year(s)). I am happy to be corrected, though!
well, we can agree it's a bit of a nonsense

But even more of a nonsense is the "mini statement" you can pull up and configure to produce your earning/spending history. I'm hoping they have better, more accurate, data to call on if they need to do an account audit .....
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

As mentioned by AvidFlyer1990 Total Status Miles should be the ones that are counting towards your requalification as Elite+ and should be the miles earned in the current cycle (12mo) while total miles are the miles you have available to redeem (earned less spent).

Total miles since joining is notoriously wrong for many users here on the forum (myself included) since TKs latest system "upgrade".

This has been discussed in a couple other threads for your reference:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1944967-wrong-total-miles-since-joining.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1940411-miles-smile-down-november-17-19-a.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1949079-lifetime-counter-still-broken-everyone-other-system-problems.html

I could be wrong but think it is the above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.