Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

When will it be 'SAFE' to credit to TK Miles&Smiles?

Old Jan 7, 19, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals

The BIG question, I believe that is looming over most of TK Miles&Smiles loyalists: When (if EVER), after this recent IT 'UPGRADE', will it be safe to credit flights to the program, and have it CREDIT PROPERLY?

This year is my re-qualification year, and have quite a few premium cabin trips coming up.I am in the conundrum as to where to credit these flights? I really want to keep re-qualifying on TK for their top-tier ELPL, and get those certs: but, the insecurity of having those flights credited incorrectly and having to chase TK for months, to get the correct credit with no outcome: has got me thinking. Should I finally move to a new FFP with a slightly better / stable IT? Should I stick it out with TK (also with the hopes that maybe, just maybe, they'd introduce a Lifetime program, and these flights would get me that close to a 'Lifetime' Status? Right now TK (and TK*G) works well for me.

P.S. On another note, has anyone checked their miles statement lately? I just checked, and, all the flights and miles appear correctly, BUT, the class where it should've appeared as 'J' or 'K' or 'C' is shown as 'Y': even on TK flights that were booked in 'J' code! Has anyone seen this?
Old Jan 7, 19, 4:07 am

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
I have ELPL until Oct 1st, 2021 and I don't need to renew until Oct 1st, 2019.

If it can at least credit my status miles correctly, I'll just do the bare minimum of 40K and move all remaining activities elsewhere (NH for the moment).
Recently my activities showed up in my statement but we no longer receive monthly statements.

If this continues I'm open to just let me current ELPL expire in 2021 and start a new account.

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
BUT, the class where it should've appeared as 'J' or 'K' or 'C' is shown as 'Y': even on TK flights that were booked in 'J' code! Has anyone seen this?
Did you check the actual accrual %? If it's not at least 160% of miles flown then we have real problems here.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Did you check the actual accrual %? If it's not at least 160% of miles flown then we have real problems here.
Yep: for now, the miles that are showing against each flight, are correct. I normally calculate the miles I am supposed to get before I take each flight, and if TK's number is close to that, I get a good night's sleep!!
Old Jan 7, 19, 9:23 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
FWIW, my flights (Q and O) immediately after the IT switch credited correctly.
Old Jan 7, 19, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I had no problems with my recent credits.
Old Jan 8, 19, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yeah... as long as my Qs and Js credit correctly (or my E+ voucher flights credit as J ), I don't really care whether some of the 25% and 50% codes are getting mixed up.
Old Jan 8, 19, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
I had no problems with my recent credits.
Great data points, and it is good to know! Thanks @starflyergold and @gr8pirate
Old Jan 8, 19, 5:30 am

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Does your overall balance (main log in page) show more than 0 mile? At the moment I'm still in the negative but last few transactions (adding miles) remained 0 at the main page. I'm hoping once I get over 0 it will actually display non-0 balance.

Like what I said, as long as I can continue renew my ELPL and redeem upgrade vouchers I'll keep flying with TK (or at least putting miles in) to keep my status afloat.
Old Jan 8, 19, 8:54 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Does your overall balance (main log in page) show more than 0 mile? At the moment I'm still in the negative but last few transactions (adding miles) remained 0 at the main page. I'm hoping once I get over 0 it will actually display non-0 balance.

Like what I said, as long as I can continue renew my ELPL and redeem upgrade vouchers I'll keep flying with TK (or at least putting miles in) to keep my status afloat.
The overall balance on the website and app is correct, although if there is a mistake in the lower digits, I may have missed that. Lifetime balance is definitely wrong and shows mileage since IT switch.

Id be irritated if my figures were off too, but Im confident that even TKs weird IT department will eventually work this out.

Old Jan 9, 19, 12:31 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
My miles credited correctly in Q for 2 flights at the end of December but it took longer than usual, about another 2 days.
Old Jan 9, 19, 4:14 am
Original Poster

The overall balance on the website and app is correct, although if there is a mistake in the lower digits, I may have missed that. Lifetime balance is definitely wrong and shows mileage since IT switch.

Id be irritated if my figures were off too, but Im confident that even TKs weird IT department will eventually work this out.

My overall balance looks okay: but, as mentioned in the OP, if I start looking at the details of flight activity, all the flight credits for my premium cabin travel now appears as 'Y' class in the statement: as opposed to 'J','K','C','D','Z', etc. The miles against those, are, fortunately, correct, though!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: