Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Mixed cabin for connecting flights possible?

Old Nov 24, 18, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

I want to book DEL-IST-IAH but economy for the second leg and business for the first leg. Is this possible?
Old Nov 25, 18, 3:19 am

Programs: TK Elite
on two seperate tickets, yes.

but thats what you not want I guess.
Old Nov 26, 18, 4:08 am

Programs: TK*G
I think it's possible but through call center only
Old Nov 26, 18, 5:15 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
It is possible but if if you want it to be a single ticket (one PNR) you will redeem business miles all the way.
Old Nov 26, 18, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Possible only through your travel agency or TK call center in the same ticket. Be aware that sometimes the system calculates the Economy fare as Y class "highest fare" which can boost the ticket price, which can lead to higher prices compared to an all the way C ticket, so I suggest that you hold the reservation after contacting the call center, recheck it from your inbox and then issue the ticket.
Old Nov 26, 18, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aircommodore View Post
It is possible but if if you want it to be a single ticket (one PNR) you will redeem business miles all the way.
i mean as a cash ticket
Old Nov 26, 18, 11:39 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
It's certainly possible, but maybe not for the price you want

For example, most business class fares will let you book a segment into Y - not that you would want to, but you can.

If you're asking whether you can price a business and economy ticket end-on-end, the answer is once again maybe. Depends on the fare rules. Go look at ITA matrix and see what you can price out (inventory is usually wrong, so I recommend searching without inventory controls and then cross referencing against ExpertFlyer inventory).
Old Nov 26, 18, 12:17 pm

I don't think that ITA can find mixed-class fares. I do think that a good travel agent may be useful in this case.

Shuly
Old Nov 26, 18, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
I don't think that ITA can find mixed-class fares. I do think that a good travel agent may be useful in this case.

Shuly
Of course it can.

Select multi-city search, and then use routing codes to get the desired itinerary.

For example:

DEL IST :: TK /f bc=J
IST-IAH :: TK /f bc=Q

If there is a legal fare combination that exists, Matrix will price it for you.
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:50 am

Cool. You learn something every day.

Shuly
Old Dec 10, 18, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
Of course it can.

Select multi-city search, and then use routing codes to get the desired itinerary.

For example:

DEL IST :: TK /f bc=J
IST-IAH :: TK /f bc=Q

If there is a legal fare combination that exists, Matrix will price it for you.
I'm trying to do this and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

DEL IST :: AI /f bc=J
IST-IAH :: TK /f bc=S
Old Dec 10, 18, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik View Post
I'm trying to do this and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

DEL IST :: AI /f bc=J
IST-IAH :: TK /f bc=S
I don't see any AI DEL-IST J fares which allow end-on-end combinability with TK IST-IAH
Old Oct 14, 19, 3:58 am

Programs: EY Gold, QR Burgundy, WY Gold, TK Elite
Just a short report in case somebody will have similar necessity.

I needed to book an open jaw trip in mixed class for the family next year (outward Y, inward J), at first I had to face the "horror" that couldn't be done online. I wanted also to avoid the international call center thus I contacted via email the Jakarta ticketing office and to my surprise (reading the bad stories about TK IT and call centers) I found a very efficient and professional agent who was able to quote quickly all the different options (outward destination was still uncertain while inward departure already fixed) I requested giving all information about availability price, payment options etc.

I did my homework at first checking fare availability on BCD travel and then quoting on ITA Matrix and the agent was always able to match them, after back and forward 20 email I finally found the right itinerary and price and then I booked; payment need to be set up within 72 hours.

Another pro, ticket is paid in local currency thus the credit card company will not extort the 4% on exchange rate ("thank you" Citimiles Visa) as in Indonesia TK website is not pricing in IDR. On the other side by remote you can only pay by bank transfer, due I was in Jakarta center in the same period i could visit their office and pay by credit card anyway.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 19, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Thanks for reporting your experience BobFF68.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: