Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by safra1
Unless I'm looking at this wrong or the site is completely down, I can't find a single flight combination that shows anything more than a blank screen on availability. Are other people seeing this as well?
I can still find availability YYZ-LHR sometime next year.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
I am trying to search Tokyo-Hong Kong (or Taipei), but no result can be found (expecting NH/BR flights showing up), I couldn't believe there is no available flight for the whole year (actually I saw some results from AC website), is calling TK the only option?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:32 am

I am searching for LJU-DPS, they will start to fly directly to DPS in July,..but there is no availability it's really strange
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: TK *G
Can't use miles before expiration

Their star alliance booking system has been down since the beginning of December (trying to book a ticket within North America), and I cannot for the life of me get them to extend my 48,000 miles that are about to expire. I've spent hours corresponding via phone and by email with them, with no luck. And given their general incompetence, I am not convinced that filling out a feedback form and requesting that they waive the fee for reinstating miles will work nor am I confident that the system will be up again before the end of the year. I am done with TK after I hopefully spend my remaining miles.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:55 pm

Has anybody found a way to use the tool for oneway-bookings?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Intra-EU on LH is nonsense. 20k miles and 250 EUR taxes Riga-Paris RT on LH. Checked bag included.

Revenue ticket on same LH flights with checked baggage included (economy classic) 268 EUR, Business class P (0 miles on TK) - 340 EUR with 2 bags included.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
Intra-EU on LH is nonsense. 20k miles and 250 EUR taxes Riga-Paris RT on LH. Checked bag included.

Revenue ticket on same LH flights with checked baggage included (economy classic) 268 EUR, Business class P (0 miles on TK) - 340 EUR with 2 bags included.
Y redemptions are often poor value, unless at the very last minute.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:13 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Donegal
Has anybody found a way to use the tool for oneway-bookings?
No, it's impossible.
This is totally useless : only made to satisfy Star Alliance
Most of the queries have no answer.
So Turkish Airlines...
airoli likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ericw
I submitted a feedback via TK.com about one way redemption.

I cannot find any flights out of YYZ (AC, UA, LH) - I expect no availability on AC Rouge, AC Express, UA express, just like before.

I did find DPS-SIN-PEK that I recently booked with Aeroplan. I am surprised to see both SQ and SQ/CA flights are available for 20K Y and 35K C. No YQ.
I thought TK didn't allow mixed carrier on 1 award ticket?

how u did one way search ?i could find the button
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Elite members - has anyone successfully booked a TK or Star Alliance award, while "crediting" miles, using the new website? (also known as overdrafting miles balance)

The website give me this popup window:

Then this:

However, nothing happens when I click "Yes".
For the record - I'm only short of 5000 miles.

I find that this problem applies to both TK and *A award bookings... Perhaps call center is the only way? Until they fix this....

Last edited by pineapple_juice; Apr 10, 2019 at 4:31 am Reason: url fix
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:09 pm

Yes, I did it in November.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Dear all,

I have been a Thai Airways ROP member for many many years and am trying to switch to a new A* program due to mileage devaluation. Kindly bear with my ignorance. Do I understand correctly that the mileage award found here under https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-c...rds/index.html is for a round trip ticket? (i.e. Europe 1 - Far East will need 90,000 miles in business class)?

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:50 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by anaidross
Dear all,

I have been a Thai Airways ROP member for many many years and am trying to switch to a new A* program due to mileage devaluation. Kindly bear with my ignorance. Do I understand correctly that the mileage award found here under https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-c...rds/index.html is for a round trip ticket? (i.e. Europe 1 - Far East will need 90,000 miles in business class)?

Thank you in advance.
you are correct
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: TK Gold
Is this tool still working? Not sure if I could find it now
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
Is this tool still working? Not sure if I could find it now
IIRC, once logged in, it should be accessible form the "Miles Transaction" page, 1st "tab" on the right column.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.