Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Old Jan 9, 20, 6:34 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), Avis President's Club
You can now book one-way *A awards.
Old Jan 9, 20, 7:18 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice View Post
Great!!! i see availability o/w with TG EU-Australia... finally!
Old Jan 9, 20, 1:16 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Has anyone been able to book a business award ?

Has anyone been able to book a business award ?
Old Jan 10, 20, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_juice View Post
The option Is there but I can't find any availability, even for flights I confirmed on AC or NH websites.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:22 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
The option Is there but I can't find any availability, even for flights I confirmed on AC or NH websites.
As mentioned on the "Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles" thread WIKI, currently, the online tool is only working for several itineraries and several airlines. Not all itineraries are available to book on UA, AC, NH, M&M, etc... could be booked on the website. A sales office could help you booking tickets that could not be booked online if you see 'X' fare class availability on Aeroplan or the ANA website.
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:38 pm

Milessmiles

Dear Istflyer
Is it possible to issue star alliance ticket to another passenger via Turkish Airlines?
Not member for their quests
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:43 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by angeltravel View Post
Dear Istflyer
Is it possible to issue star alliance ticket to another passenger via Turkish Airlines?
Not member for their quests
Hi angeltravel and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unfortunately, you could not issue a *A award on the website to someone else if not traveling with the cardholder.
You would need to consult a sales office in order to book a *A award for someone else than the cardholder and if the cardholder is not traveling. They would be able to complete your request.
angeltravel likes this.
Old Aug 2, 20, 12:07 am

Can anybody confirm that the Star Alliance Award booking is now fully functional ONLINE - i.e. when I go through the booking process I add my credit card and get a confirmed electronic ticket? Does this work?
Last year I redeemed a Star Alliance award ticket through TK but I had to fill a sort of application form and credit card authorisation etc. Everything manual. And if I would not have known someone from TK sales office I would have even needed to go to the ticket desk at the airport to complete the transaction.
Is this still the case or is a true online booking possible now? Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 20, 3:53 pm

It's possible for some airlines and some routes and the main cardholder must be traveling in order to purchase your ticket online.

If you're booking for someone else, you would need to find a willing hotline agent or contact a sales office.
asnovici likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 2:40 am

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I have successfully issued star alliance awards both online and over hotline in the past few weeks. I didn't notice any issues.
Old Aug 4, 20, 2:43 pm

Just to report back:
Successfully issued a Lufthansa Oneway European ticket with credit card for myself (member). No issues, everything went through smoothly. Just the TK-PNR does not work in other systems e.g. LHs website. Has to call to get the LH/Amadeus filekey.
Old Aug 4, 20, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
This is a very limited functionality on TK website. Extremely limited routing and airline options. Based on experience with comparing TK online routines available for Star alliance awards And UA website or even Aegean it shows about 20 percent availability on TK website.
Old Sep 7, 20, 5:02 pm

I called to us emy miles to book for someone else a round trip EWR to LAX and then i wanted to switch the outbound to depart from YYZ instead so the phone rep put a hold on the seats but told me i need to contact a sales office in usa or Canada to finalise it. I emailed every office in the usa and canada and still haven't received any response via emai. I also tried calling every office a nd only got through to the one on Washington and they said they they can't do anything over the phone i need to wait for them to get to my email
Anyone have any suggestions how i can actually speak to someone in a sales office who can help?

Also for the return flight united canceled the original flight and put me on an earlier flight but i called to request a later flight and they switched out but said i need to contact turkish to confirm it but none of the turkish agents seem to know how.... one said it was the wrong fare class and one said a sales office needs to do it but again i haven't been able to reach them
Help !
Old Sep 8, 20, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by masterdave1 View Post
speak to someone in a sales office who can help?
It has been reported a while back that the only way to get things clarified and tickets issued often seems to be to visit (physically) a TK ticket counter at the airport or a TK sales office downtown. At least over here in Europe. Maybe you could try that if others can confirm that this is still the practise.
Old Sep 8, 20, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Donegal View Post
It has been reported a while back that the only way to get things clarified and tickets issued often seems to be to visit (physically) a TK ticket counter at the airport or a TK sales office downtown. At least over here in Europe. Maybe you could try that if others can confirm that this is still the practise.
Yes, this is still the practice.
Visiting a city or airport sales office is the best way to handle *A awards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: