Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Star Alliance awards available on TK website

Old Nov 27, 18, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
I did find DPS-SIN-PEK that I recently booked with Aeroplan. I am surprised to see both SQ and SQ/CA flights are available for 20K Y and 35K C. No YQ.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. @:-)
I thought TK didn't allow mixed carrier on 1 award ticket?
They didn't. But who knows, perhaps that was a limitation of their old system and now that they are on the new one, combination of multiple *A carriers is possible? After all, other *A FFPs have done this forever so it's clearly feasible...
Old Nov 27, 18, 9:22 pm

was able to bring up AC, UA, TG, NH, BR flights okay up to pricing the tax (seems bookable). Must be roundtrip.

Miles required was not correct for "domestic direct itin" for 7.5k miles (CTS-NRT) - it priced out to 20k.
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:10 am

I've been playing a bit with the tool and I noticed that *A itineraries are only shown with one connection, while any itinerary with 2+ connections always have TK flights in them. I cross-checked with the availability of the UA website.

Let's hope for one way itineraries soon.
Old Nov 28, 18, 7:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Platinum, TK Gold
Interesting enough availability does not match the one I see on UA.

The search fails to recognize simple itineraries with one connection point in a third region completely for me. (i.e., NA connecting in EU going to ME).
Old Nov 28, 18, 10:29 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
I haven't been able to find any availability at all for UA or AC domestic or transborder flights. For some reason I am able to get the website to spit out IAD-IAH-MEX and IAH-MEX, but no luck with IAD-IAH.
Old Nov 28, 18, 2:08 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd View Post
I haven't been able to find any availability at all for UA or AC domestic or transborder flights. For some reason I am able to get the website to spit out IAD-IAH-MEX and IAH-MEX, but no luck with IAD-IAH.
Same. I can find AC TATL flights but anything domestic or transborder on AC or UA doesn't show up. The other thread on *A awards mentions that there seem to be issues ticketing AC flights, so maybe that availability isn't showing up because of the ticketing issue that's been happening since the system upgrade.
Old Nov 28, 18, 3:31 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
It is likely that the flight is operated by AC Express, AC Rouge or UA express, etc. TK's agents can never see availability other than mainline. Only my local YYZ agent is willing to "request" for seats on her system, and she usually gets confirmation within a few minutes if there is AP/UA saver seats available.
Old Nov 29, 18, 1:12 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
All the shortcomings documented in this thread are proof of another botched implementation, true to TK style. But somebody met his objective of having *A rewards available online by the end of 2018.

With the help of Flyertalk beta-testers and probably many other annoyed members, we can only hope that functionally will gradually improve to be on par with what many other airlines have been able to offer for years already.
Old Nov 29, 18, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Another completely ridiculous implementation of something that any other airline with more than 3 planes can do. I would say it’s half baked but it’s not even that at this point. No one way option? No obvious link to this on the account landing page? No reasonable search results display? Of course none of that is even bookable cause Turkish doesn’t bother to fix its system for 9 days now to allow for star bookings other than Turkish metal.
Old Nov 29, 18, 9:23 pm

OK, I've tried many combinations - it seems (as mentioned by some folks earlier)
  • The departure point and destination must be TK destinations (including some codeshare destinations). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_destinations
  • The connecting point does NOT have to be TK destinations; it can be any star hubs EVEN OUTSIDE the zone.
  • Only round trip permitted (tried to decode the HTML and URL query - no luck
  • Mixed carrier is permitted but maximum 2 segments (1 stop) - UNLESS it is TK+TK+Star (e.g. AC+TK+TK). This is a huge improvement.
  • The miles required seems correct compared to standard main award table. https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-c...rds/index.html. Even though the footnote on the website was changed some time last year and now says "applicable mile amount for DIRECT flights with Star Alliance member airlines in the same region", you can still book in region flights with stops for the same amount of miles (e.g. 20K for Europe 2 to 2).
  • The TK in region to EUR1 zone 7.5K per way is displayed correctly, and you can book TK+Star in region award for the same 7.5K (even transit outside the zone, e.g. ATH-ZRH-IST)
  • Domestic 7.5K one way with Star is not working. I didn't expect TK to recognize airports in the same country outside Turkey anyway...
  • NO FUEL SURCHARGE on AC (HUGE for me if bookable), UA, SQ, CA, but YQ is calculated on LH, TK, and TK+Star tickets.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 30, 18, 1:53 am

Programs: TK*G
I see only TK destinations except for MEL, SYD and AKL
Old Nov 30, 18, 4:18 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
  • The connecting point does NOT have to be TK destinations; it can be any star hubs EVEN OUTSIDE the zone.
Hmmmm
Old Nov 30, 18, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Hmmmm
I don’t think it is the official rule but more of a “glitch”
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:42 am

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Unless I'm looking at this wrong or the site is completely down, I can't find a single flight combination that shows anything more than a blank screen on availability. Are other people seeing this as well?
Old Dec 8, 18, 12:09 pm

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
  • No class of service indication - Economy as sole, default option
This is a deal breaker for me, on top of not getting miles from recently flown segments and point transfers from Citi. Instead I'm putting miles at NH right now (until miles start posting normally again), interestingly the lowest award J ticket between Chicago and Tokyo is 75K miles, this seems to be NH's sweet spot. However this should be discussed at NH's forum.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: