Miles and Smile down November 17 - 19

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Just talked with an agent on the phone; he mentioned that there's another system update happening today, and that even members who purchased miles on their website cannot see the miles.
He said it should go back to normal tomorrow, so crossing my fingers.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I also have incorrect first year requal miles after the update. I really hope they don't mess up this and downgrade me for the next round on this basis so that I would need to start fighting back and all that effort to find proof etc.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Same here. I had already acquired enough miles in first year to fulfill my requalification requirements and to go until 2021. Now it says I still need around 11k miles for requalification ( by counting the second year requirements ).
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
My status miles/requalification bar looks about right.

Strange thing is that flights that definitely counted towards the status total are listed as bonus miles in the app transaction list.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:33 am

Has anyone received the monthly mileage statement mail after the infrastructure works?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Crixus
Has anyone received the monthly mileage statement mail after the infrastructure works?
I havent received Oct. or Nov. statements, but looking back through my inbox, the emails have a history of being all over the place. Sometimes at the end of the month and sometimes more than a month late.

Lets hope they keep coming, I felt they were the most consistent way of keeping track of miles/requalification/membership dates compared to the website or app.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I need some DP.

Has anyone been able to overdraft miles in any way since the updates? I am -9000 and I can't even overdraft by redeeming domestic flight in Turkey (like 2000 miles), so either

1. You can no longer overdraft miles in any way, or
2. You can only overdraft up to 10K, including Elite Plus.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: TK*G
I've never been able to overdraft miles in any way (i'm Elite)
From yesterday i can see all my previous flight in the flight table in my account. They were disappeared during the transition
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I need some DP.

Has anyone been able to overdraft miles in any way since the updates? I am -9000 and I can't even overdraft by redeeming domestic flight in Turkey (like 2000 miles), so either

1. You can no longer overdraft miles in any way, or
2. You can only overdraft up to 10K, including Elite Plus.
I'm able.
On my account everything is perfectly working, except of transfer/buying miles (a message of a technical error appears by the last step after filling all the fields).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: TK*G
How can i overdraft miles? If i dont have enough miles the system says the operation is not possible

EDIT: I found it.. :-) and it works

Last edited by Maux; Dec 4, 2018 at 7:14 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
So I posted this as a separate thread but was guided to this one.

I have transferred miles from my Citibank (India) account about 12 days ago. The miles aren’t showing up on the website or the app. When Citi checks with TK they say that the miles have been already transferred. On the app ONLY in the mileage statement there is a line item that says Citibank ... 0 miles! Zero miles!

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:25 am

So annoyed with this *system upgrade*... it messed things up!
- Now you see a balance of zero when you overdraft miles, and it's so hard to do accounting. Apparently I'm at -14K miles, and it shows zero.
- None of my flights get credited automatically anymore. Even if my boarding pass has my M&S number, it just doesn't go through. I have to manually enter them in the app.
- Citi Thank You point transfers do not happen. They always give a system error, and in your statement it shows 0 miles as transfer. I opened a feedback form with TK, and they got back to me after 9 days. They just said that there's been a system error, and that my miles will be posted in a few days. I also opened a case with Citi, and they're also looking into this.

It's 2018 and TK cannot even process miles. They're IT infrastructure sucks.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Are the affects of this system outage still being felt? Any FT'er who took a *A flight, and only received partial credit for the itinerary?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:57 pm

LOL things are getting even worse.. I just flew SFO-IST on E class, and I was supposed to get 6717 miles credited to my account. This new system upgrade only gave me 1679 miles... This is unbelievable. I file about 3 complaints with them weekly, I might just switch to another carrier and be done with this nonsense.
I know some folks within TK, even they don't know how to help with this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Are the affects of this system outage still being felt? Any FT'er who took a *A flight, and only received partial credit for the itinerary?
For reference, I am still waiting for feedback from TK for my flight on Air Canada in Business Class from YYR to SFO which accrued 12 (!) miles :-/ The flight was on Nov 21st...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.