Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Getting Turkish Airlines to answer a complaint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Turkish Airlines to answer a complaint

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Unhappy Getting Turkish Airlines to answer a complaint

I have had two complaints lodged with Turkish airlines since 10 October through the Feedback system on the Website. Despite contacting them via Twitter I have yet to get a reply despite the fact that they promise to answer in 7 days. One complaint is about a refund for money expended on clothing after baggage was delayed and the other is about missing miles on a *A account.
Can anyone suggest how I get them to respond without going to the small claims court?
Many thanks
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Start with MCOL rather than filing in a SCC.

In order to do that, you must send a Letter Before Action. Forms for that are on the MCOL website.

Rather than wasting time with sending multiple contacts, wait for some reasonable period of time, 30 days seems reasonable, and send a Letter. Follow the directions carefully and be done with it.

Note that this will work for the Montreal Convention baggage claim, but won't work with *A miles as there is no money to be collected. But, it should result in a contact to resolve the matter and you can address the miles at that point.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by philthegreek
I have had two complaints lodged with Turkish airlines since 10 October through the Feedback system on the Website. Despite contacting them via Twitter I have yet to get a reply despite the fact that they promise to answer in 7 days. One complaint is about a refund for money expended on clothing after baggage was delayed and the other is about missing miles on a *A account.
Can anyone suggest how I get them to respond without going to the small claims court?
Many thanks

I am disgusted by the poor customer service by TK on missing mileage; I have 5 intercontinental flights that were not credited on 3 different partner airlines. I will be taking them to court soon. They respond with indecipherable English and nonsensical statements. Enough is enough.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Contact TK help desk on twitter
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

manhattan, good luck in taking them or any airline to court about unposted miles.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Often1
Start with MCOL rather than filing in a SCC.

In order to do that, you must send a Letter Before Action. Forms for that are on the MCOL website.

Rather than wasting time with sending multiple contacts, wait for some reasonable period of time, 30 days seems reasonable, and send a Letter. Follow the directions carefully and be done with it.

Note that this will work for the Montreal Convention baggage claim, but won't work with *A miles as there is no money to be collected. But, it should result in a contact to resolve the matter and you can address the miles at that point.
Many thanks Often1, I will go the MCOL route
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by hfly
manhattan, good luck in taking them or any airline to court about unposted miles.
You may be right but it helps that I am a lawyer.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and you think you are the only one? As a lawyer you should know that statements such as, " I will be taking them to court soon " when regarding your situation and a FF program will guarantee that you get nothing.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
and you think you are the only one? As a lawyer you should know that statements such as, " I will be taking them to court soon " when regarding your situation and a FF program will guarantee that you get nothing.
And your suggestion is to do nothing? I am not making an empty statement to impress anyone here and don't understand your negative "guarantee."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.