Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
DC10, how did it work out? From another post about the busses at IST, it seems you scored the Airport upgrade ^

Could you please write a short report how it went (did you ask at checkin/the gate and it immediately cleared? Was it easy + fast , or a time consuming hassle? Or did they even call you because you were still on the waitlist?)
I never did an airport upgrade, I always was too afraid that it would end in Y so I rather changed my flight dates to have it confirmed in advace. Would love to know about it.
Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*
Does anyone know if I have chance to a Miles upgrade with LH miles (SEN)?
Alternatively, how much would a cash upgrade be (IST to KUL) and where ist the best place to request that? (HAJ-IST-KUL)

Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by phipz
Does anyone know if I have chance to a Miles upgrade with LH miles (SEN)?
Alternatively, how much would a cash upgrade be (IST to KUL) and where ist the best place to request that? (HAJ-IST-KUL)

Thanks!
AFAIK mileage upgrades from one *A partner to another generally only work if the paid ticket is in full Y booking class and need to be done in advance, i.e. not possible at check-in. Sorry.

Theres a separate cash upgrade thread here, have a look around there. Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
AFAIK mileage upgrades from one *A partner to another generally only work if the paid ticket is in full Y booking class and ...
Y or B booking class.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:57 pm

Was told over the phone that I need to upgrade the whole journey (YYY-IST-XXX). I only have enough miles for YYY-IST upgrade. Is it a known limitation for TK miles upgrade?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by khkchan
Was told over the phone that I need to upgrade the whole journey (YYY-IST-XXX). I only have enough miles for YYY-IST upgrade. Is it a known limitation for TK miles upgrade?
It’s absolutely possible that this is a married segments issue (i.e. upgrade inventory only available for ABC, but not for AB or BC).

Unfortunately it’s also possible that your phone agent was about to go on break/was incompetent/had a bad day and didn’t want to deal with it. Call again: if you get the same answer from a couple of agents, it’s not the incompetence.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

Called about 10 times - finally reached an agent who is willing to process a segment upgrade. Most of the agents just flatly told me I have to upgrade the whole journey (!)

I am glad that I use my miles that are set to expire this year and next.

As a side tip - make sure you said yes to the survey. The agents know that you will fill in the survey and are "more" willingly to help. Then it comes the other question whether they can indeed help or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.