Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Reduced mileage accrual on Ethiopian (Effective as of November 1st, 2018)

Old Nov 3, 18, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), Avis President's Club

I just noticed this:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...nes/index.html

No longer 100% for all economy classes... So my upcoming flight in L/H will now be 50%....
Was this announced ahead??
Old Nov 3, 18, 7:04 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by pineapple_juice View Post
No longer 100% for all economy classes... So my upcoming flight in L/H will now be 50%....
ah, thatís a shame, but I thought it was only a matter of time until they closed this.

Was this announced ahead??
They donít have to. All FFPís reserve the right to make changes like these unannounced.
Old Nov 3, 18, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), Avis President's Club
Well... At least 50% is better than crediting the flight to SAS Eurobonus, which would only earn 25% for some of the booking classes.
Old Nov 3, 18, 1:51 pm

Damn, they are gradually closing all the ways to earn miles with a decent price-performance ratio in ECO. Seriously, what is left? In the last 5-6 years, it went down successively. I hope at least that SAS Premium ECO with its 150% will not be screwed down either.
Old Nov 3, 18, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
Damn, they are gradually closing all the ways to earn miles with a decent price-performance ratio in ECO. Seriously, what is left? In the last 5-6 years, it went down successively. I hope at least that SAS Premium ECO with its 150% will not be screwed down either.
It's hardly unique to TK. Most, if not all, frequent flyer programmes are offering far less than 100% miles on cheap Economy fares.

If SAS notices that many of its PE flyers are actually crediting to TK, then you can be quite confident of a cut there as well.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 3, 18, 3:22 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
slightly OT, but the Golden Star for being royally screwed/surprised goes to the people who bought LH (and other *G partner) discount business tickets in P fare class that earn 0% with TK M&S when LH premium economy tickets earned 100%.

150% on SAS premium economy sounds amazing, unfortunately the routes donít work in my life.
Old Nov 4, 18, 12:58 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, JL Gold, AS MVP Gold, VA Gold
It is reasonable, and TK should treat all other Star Alliance partners fairly.
Old Nov 4, 18, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post

slightly OT, but the Golden Star for being royally screwed/surprised goes to the people who bought LH (and other *G partner) discount business tickets in P fare class that earn 0% with TK M&S when LH premium economy tickets earned 100%.

150% on SAS premium economy sounds amazing, unfortunately the routes donít work in my life.
LH P is a weird one. Obviously LH don't want to pay some other *A partners for the miles associated with a cheap P fare. Yet it's only some *A partners, not all.

I suppose they have their internal logic, but I wonder how much actual cash business LH misses out on because they're too cheap to pay for miles from the likes of TK, A3, OZ, etc. I would have thought that Priority 1 is NOT giving anybody a reason NOT to book on your airline...
Old Nov 4, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
LH P is a weird one. Obviously LH don't want to pay some other *A partners for the miles associated with a cheap P fare. Yet it's only some *A partners, not all.

I suppose they have their internal logic, but I wonder how much actual cash business LH misses out on because they're too cheap to pay for miles from the likes of TK, A3, OZ, etc. I would have thought that Priority 1 is NOT giving anybody a reason NOT to book on your airline...
Exactly. Thats why I didnt book LH for so many times.
Old Nov 4, 18, 8:13 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK Gold
Oh no, that is bad. But I guess it was expected they would change this sooner or later.
I did hope they would have changed the P-fare into 100% at the same time though, but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Seems Shebamiles might actually be interesting now.
Old Nov 4, 18, 10:42 pm

Sad. Travelling in O class and accruing 100% was quite something.
Old Nov 4, 18, 10:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Flying on a U class ticket next month which will earn 7000 miles less than expected
Old Nov 5, 18, 12:19 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I wondered why I only got half of the miles on my return leg. Good riddance really, the experience on ET was not worth the extra miles.
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:06 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
...Aaaand discount business class 'P' is STILL NON-MILEAGE ACRRUING!?!
Old Nov 5, 18, 5:30 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by flyuk View Post
Good riddance really, the experience on ET was not worth the extra miles.
Depends on where you fly to/from. For some of us, the only alternative for intra-Africa flights is Kenya Airways. That is an easy choice

Search this Thread