Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by no_idea
It looks like no use as redeemable/earned mıles anymore.
Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the miles are not redeemable, that means no bonus miles, only status miles.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the miles are not redeemable, that means no bonus miles, only status miles.
their promotional advert clearly says EARN 5 x miles so they must be earned miles which should in turn be redeemable.
I filled in one of their feedback forms and received a reply stating that all promotion miles will be added at the end of the promotion
I have had some post as full 5 x and some with only base miles with the amount of base miles added to my overall total with no 5 x and some with base miles showing as earned miles but 5 x showing on my total status miles
Does anyone really know what is going to be the final outcome
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:42 pm

there was almost no business class availability to booked on these routes that give 5x miles. i wonder whether the seats are full of MRers
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:30 pm

I've just got for my J Biz flight from ISL to ECN 8.000 Status Miles, however only 1.600 Award Miles.. what a shame
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by Crixus
I've just got for my J Biz flight from ISL to ECN 8.000 Status Miles, however only 1.600 Award Miles.. what a shame
I wouldn't be surprise if the award miles only post at the end of the promotion,

Question, seems like it is difficult to do a back to back to ISL in a day, I am landing on the 17/12, 9am plus delays at IST from ABJ, my next flight is only at 1am, I would be curious to go to the new airport and do a back to back in business, anyone knowledgeable about a destine that could work with my schedules?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pvgman
I wouldn't be surprise if the award miles only post at the end of the promotion,

Question, seems like it is difficult to do a back to back to ISL in a day, I am landing on the 17/12, 9am plus delays at IST from ABJ, my next flight is only at 1am, I would be curious to go to the new airport and do a back to back in business, anyone knowledgeable about a destine that could work with my schedules?
You could try your luck by taking this combination ( 1-leg from ISL ) for ₺876.98 ( around €150 )

TK 2828 IST TZX 10:25 12:20 17DEC L ( Economy )
TK 2049 TZX ISL 13:55 16:10 17DEC C( Business )

This combination would make you earn 6550 status miles and 1550 bonus ( redeemable ) miles.
There is a fast track immigration at international arrivals for passengers transferring to domestic flights near gate 201 at IST so the tight connection wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, all routes except Baku, Adana and Trabzon are sold out for the promotional period so good luck with that.

But I have realized that you are E+ ( from your profile ) so you have the option to book seats for the highest fare for any TK flight which is scheduled to depart later than 72 hours of departure via the Elite Plus dedicated phone line, and of course the flight would be overbooked and due to your E+ status you won't be the one to give up his seat. For this situation, you could try booking this route via the call center or your local sales office.

TK 2128 ISL AYT 13:40 15:15 17DEC C ( Business ) - 6250 status miles

and, book the return flight to IST which fits your schedule.

I would also mention that bus H-4 runs between Atatürk Airport and Istanbul ( New ) Airport every hour so transferring between airports won't be a big issue. The bus ride would take around 45 minutes.
Granite64 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:48 am

I'd reccomend taking the bus line H4 from Atatürk to the New Airport. Cost per Person 5,20 Lira (You'll need a Istanbulkart for payment). The bus station at Atatürk Airport is in front of the domestic terminal (arrival level).

Further Information incl. departure times (only in turkish):

https://www.iett.istanbul/tr/main/announcement/yeni-havalimani-otobus-ulasim-hatlari/1603
nixande likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could try your luck by taking this combination ( 1-leg from ISL ) for ₺876.98 ( around €150 )

TK 2828 IST TZX 10:25 12:20 17DEC L ( Economy )
TK 2049 TZX ISL 13:55 16:10 17DEC C( Business )

This combination would make you earn 6550 status miles and 1550 bonus ( redeemable ) miles.
There is a fast track immigration at international arrivals for passengers transferring to domestic flights near gate 201 at IST so the tight connection wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, all routes except Baku, Adana and Trabzon are sold out for the promotional period so good luck with that.

But I have realized that you are E+ ( from your profile ) so you have the option to book seats for the highest fare for any TK flight which is scheduled to depart later than 72 hours of departure via the Elite Plus dedicated phone line, and of course the flight would be overbooked and due to your E+ status you won't be the one to give up his seat. For this situation, you could try booking this route via the call center or your local sales office.

TK 2128 ISL AYT 13:40 15:15 17DEC C ( Business ) - 6250 status miles

and, book the return flight to IST which fits your schedule.

I would also mention that bus H-4 runs between Atatürk Airport and Istanbul ( New ) Airport every hour so transferring between airports won't be a big issue. The bus ride would take around 45 minutes.
Nice explanation, esp. E+-trick

but TZX and ADA are not promoted routes.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Yes, seems that only Ankara, İzmir, Antalya, Ercan and Baku are valid destination, will try to work something out of this!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Does anybody have any data points on whether ISL-TZX/ADA do or do not count for the 5x promotion? I realize they aren't listed, but the fact that they operate out of ISL now leaves some room for ambiguity.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because of you go to the actual web page for the promotion it specifically lists those 5 cities
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by finlandokie
Does anybody have any data points on whether ISL-TZX/ADA do or do not count for the 5x promotion? I realize they aren't listed, but the fact that they operate out of ISL now leaves some room for ambiguity.
I have same day return mileage run tickets to TZX the last week of December, any mileage experience would be appreciated.
I know that the terms & condition doesn't include TZX and ADA, but maybe I could receive good news from a member that has flown this route.

Thanks for the help
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Did you all get your status miles (5x) in time credited on your M&S account ?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by no_idea
Did you all get your status miles (5x) in time credited on your M&S account ?
I have get credited x5 status miles 3 days after my flight each time on ISL-AYT & ISL-ADB routes. For ESB, ECN and GYD it should be the same. ( 3 days after the flight )
I don't have any information for ADA & TZX routes.
zap7 and no_idea like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
I also just received my miles for my first flight of this promotion (3 days + 6 hours after the flight).
The email said I would have received 1250 miles. My statement also shows +1250.
But my status miles balance has grown by 6250 miles (5x as stated, it just looks wrong if look at my statement instead of my balance).
Good thing to keep records (I am German, we are Experts in keeping track of too many things in far too much detail...)
CoweyB and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.