Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'5 x More Status Miles exclusive to the opening of Istanbul Airport!'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by hfly
It's a generational thing. Some people below a certain age believe that anything and everything should be posted online, and do not care about the originality or consequences of what they post nor how they post it, worse they often do not listen to reason, make excuses, and will never understand understatement or subtlety. I am not just talking about this one post or subject, but a plethora............
What are you trying to say? This is information that has been published by TK itself, it's not secret or anything like that. And it's not like we are talking about *secret* tricks like 1x,3x. I would agree with you if that is the case as this harms the fuel dumping 'community', but this is not like that.

'Some people below a certain age believe that anything and everything should be posted online, and do not care about the originality or consequences of what they post nor how they post it, '

You don't even know me, you don't even know how old I am. You know nothing. Get off your moral high horse.

Last edited by Granite64; Nov 6, 2018 at 5:41 am
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaenks
If you find the information from some blog, then would be polite to point at it(www.......com) when you start a thread but not start with "Noticed this on TKs website" after it has been published in several places a days before.
I got an email from TK as I am a TK Elite member (don't know if that has anything to do with it), then I noticed the same info on MightyTravels and then I decided to share it with you guys.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes and all of us that are already TK M&S members also received it, and it was posted already DISCREETLY on FT. I also said specifically, " I am not just talking about this one post or subject, but a plethora " meaning not just you and this subject, but it applies to so much on FT and and worse society in general.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hfly
Yes and all of us that are already TK M&S members also received it, and it was posted already DISCREETLY on FT. I also said specifically, " I am not just talking about this one post or subject, but a plethora " meaning not just you and this subject, but it applies to so much on FT and and worse society in general.

'and it was posted already DISCREETLY on FT.'

Ah looks like I missed the big fat 'FOR FLYERTALK EYES ONLY' marking on that post.., oh wait such a thing does not exist..
What kind of logic is that anyway, sharing public information on a public forum only to expect that this information will stay 'inside' the forum..

If you want to share information discreetly, you share it via private messages or you start your own Slack group..
Edvard likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Just for the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting deals here on FT. Most of the info was simultaneously available on many blogs, twitter and other social media. Deals sell out, that's life.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:59 am

Is anyone else having miles posting as basic miles rather than 5 x as I have been getting 5 x until the last few days and now only getting basic miles posted
I have checked and although they state they will be added at the end of the promotion they should in fact be posted after each flight
I have contacted them via their online method but so far no response
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by grahamsue
Is anyone else having miles posting as basic miles rather than 5 x as I have been getting 5 x until the last few days and now only getting basic miles posted
I have checked and although they state they will be added at the end of the promotion they should in fact be posted after each flight
Sorry, just checking:
you did take flights to/from the new airport, right?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:02 am

yes that is correct and they have listed them as new airport against the miles so no mistake in that

Last edited by grahamsue; Nov 15, 2018 at 1:04 am Reason: missed off some content
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:10 am

The same happened to me with a flight last week. AYT-ISL in C, credited only 1250 status miles.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:08 am

Last edited by mancho; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:34 am Reason: Wrong info
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by grahamsue
So If they made a mistake and posted them earlier during the beginning, what's wrong?

The Promotion email and Terms stated that VERY clearly formt he beginning: "additional miles will be posted after the Promotion period", that would be in January. That's why I booked my flights in december altough my first year period Ends Nov 30, I knew it would not Count but they'd post later.

"they state they will be added at the end of the promotion they should in fact be posted after each flight"
- why??? I don't understand what you are trying to say / ask.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by zap7
So If they made a mistake and posted them earlier during the beginning, what's wrong?

The Promotion email and Terms stated that VERY clearly formt he beginning: "additional miles will be posted after the Promotion period", that would be in January. That's why I booked my flights in december altough my first year period Ends Nov 30, I knew it would not Count but they'd post later.

"they state they will be added at the end of the promotion they should in fact be posted after each flight"
- why??? I don't understand what you are trying to say / ask.
It was an ask rather than a say
If they have changed the way they are posted and will now arrive after the promotion that is no problem but early ones did post straight away with the 5 x value without any mention which is different to the bonus with the 2 x or 4 x last year where they were posted separately as promotion status miles
It would just be nice to know if they have changed it and they will in fact arrive at sometime as I am sure there will be quite a few people using these flights purely for status and not for the pleasure of visiting an airport in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do inside either.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Ah, I understand - it always stays interesting with TK... I was a little worried myself when booking this (6x flights to/from ISL in December) but decided to hope they'll keep their word and their IT will work…
So let's hope all those miles will post fine in January…

If they respond to what you have asked via their online form, please keep us posted!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
x5 Status Miles

I have recently flown AYT-ISL-ADB this week on the cheapest fare and got credited 1500 status miles and 300 bonus miles. The extra status miles didn't appear on the mileage statement but it was added to the total status miles section.
no_idea likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have recently flown AYT-ISL-ADB this week on the cheapest fare and got credited 1500 status miles and 300 bonus miles. The extra status miles didn't appear on the mileage statement but it was added to the total status miles section.
It looks like no use as redeemable/earned mıles anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.