Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:25 am

Super, I feel super relieved to finally see a couple of good reviews
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by northernstar84
The seats are not made for this height, which is understandable. A size of 195cm is not the average height. So you need learn to live with that and get used to it or book just first class.
In the end they need to do bigger seats for overweight people too ??
I do, of course, get that I’m not of average height, but I’m certainly not the only one being this tall.

My issue is that the seats just get tighter and tighter (while I’m sure that the population doesn’t). A couple of years ago, I had no issue what so ever. All business class seats were of good length and width. And I do fit perfectly fine in most business class seats, such as the Vantage XL, both reverse herringbone seat models, Q Suites, the old TK seats (also used by a lot of other airlines), new Polaris 777 seats, the Lufthansa 2-2-2 seats, Thai’s 1-2-1, and so forth. What I don’t fit in is the awful Vantage seat in a 767 and I find it very sad that TK moves to a model which is way tighter than what’s offered by many of their competitors. Especially since TK a) haven’t managed to squeeze in more seats and b) seem to have a higher % of family members travelling in C than many other airlines.

The facts are that TK is the only airline to have picked this tight seat on long-haul ops. As we all know, only SQ have picked these seats and they only use it on regional routes. For an airline that has so many ultra long-haul flights, one could expect TK to pick the roomiest seat availiable.
axxoo25 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I just posted a short trip report here: Turkish Airlines New Business Class 787 IST to DPS (Bali)
Comments and feedback welcome!
TPJ, PerStockholm, matore and 1 others like this.

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Aug 14, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by tcmb99
Flying this saturday to bali. I wonder how our 6 year old will handle this seat with all that privacy
Please feedback on your experience after the flight.
We are making the same trip in October with our 5 year old and it would be great to get some input on which three seats are best for two adults and a child.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
row 1 is usually blocked and can only be assigned by check-in staff at the airport.
Saw a video review online yesterday about the row 1 cubby being bigger and as a 6'3 250lb guy that resonated with me for my 10+ hour flight.

I had to call, once again, as they changed my flight by 5 minutes and heaven forbid I could confirm this information without speaking to someone half-way around the world.

Anyway, all that to say, they changed me from 3K to 1K with a phone call so it can be done over the phone.

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Aug 6, 2019 at 11:44 am
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Saw a video review online yesterday about the row 1 cubby being bigger and as a 6'3 250lb guy that resonated with me for my 10+ hour flight.

I had to call, once again, as they changed my flight by 5 minutes and heaven forbid I could confirm this information without speaking to someone half-way around the world.

Anyway, all that to say, they changed me from 3K to 1K with a phone call so it can be done over the phone.
Thanks for letting us know - did you call your local sales office (since you said "without speaking to someone half-way around the world")?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:54 am

Thanks for letting us know - did you call your local sales office (since you said "without speaking to someone half-way around the world")?
I called whatever number Google gave me when I asked for Turkish Air US phone number.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I called whatever number Google gave me when I asked for Turkish Air US phone number.
That is probably the global call center "somewhere half around the world" - but good to know they were able to assign row 1

Shouldn't really matter where they sit, only if they are able to solve customer requests. And I have been positively surprised with the global hotline a few times in the last months or so...(on matters more difficult than assigning seats )
RetiredATLATC likes this.

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Aug 7, 2019 at 6:27 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:16 am

Adding CCS to the 787 route network
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Adding CCS to the 787 route network
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/
That's quite an interesting route for it - although I cannot see the logic in it? TK is among one of the few airlines left serving CCS besides AF from Europe - and HAV seems a low yield destination dominated by the holiday crowd. Surely there are better routes to put the 787 on?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
That's quite an interesting route for it - although I cannot see the logic in it? TK is among one of the few airlines left serving CCS besides AF from Europe - and HAV seems a low yield destination dominated by the holiday crowd. Surely there are better routes to put the 787 on?
HAV will not get the 787. As far as I understand the article, this will be an additional twice weekly nonstop flight.

But I agree, doesn't make a lot of sense to me either... I guess it does make sense to put the 787 on lower demand routes due to lower operating costs, but CCS out of all places.. hm.. was hoping for BKK...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:26 am

Deleted
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It seems that TK decided to continue advertising their old Business Class seats instead of their new ones at their 787-9.

This is the back cover of the TCDD Raillife Magazine ( Magazine for Turkish Railways )

I've also seen the same advertisements in multiple places around Istanbul at several billboards, recently.

Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It seems that TK decided to continue advertising their old Business Class seats instead of their new ones at their 787-9.

This is the back cover of the TCDD Raillife Magazine ( Magazine for Turkish Railways )

I've also seen the same advertisements in multiple places around Istanbul at several billboards, recently.
Weird indeed! What happened to the pictures from the photo shoot in the 787? At least they managed to melt the windows
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:19 pm

I just posted a short trip report here... Comments and feedback welcome!
I just added a few more pictures from our return trip and my final "verdict" in the trip report above ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.