Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Does anyone know if the defective WiFi system on one of the TC-LL's is fixed?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
WiFi on a new Dreamliner is already kaput?!

WiFi on the 777 TC-LJD was out a few weeks back.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

WiFi on a new Dreamliner is already kaput?!

WiFi on the 777 TC-LJD was out a few weeks back.
Yes, I wrote it in a recent trip report.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:27 am

Any news on problem with the blocked F seats at all departures?
To convince TK Customer service about the real seat map is impossible, but do we know how it works in reality now. Who gets the F seats and when?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:31 am

Just spoke with a friend of mine who flew in business on a TK 787 a couple of days ago. He said ”well, it looks classy, very similar to SAS, but the seats are just way too tight. You won’t be able to sleep in them, that’s for sure.” Damn it. I’m a pretty big guy at 6,5” (195-196cm) with size 14 (EU size 49) feet and take a big detour from Stockholm to Istanbul all the time just so that I’ll be able to enjoy TK’s (old) business class seats. Coming up, I have a few IST-US-IST flights (to/from Boston, Chicago and LAX) and so far all are scheduled with 777/A330. I really hope that they don’t change it to 787/a350 but I fear that the might...

I recently took an overnight flight in Austrian business class in their 767s (having only flown in their B777s before) and truly hated it. I find most staggered seats to be tight, but this was impossible for me when I tried to recline. There simply wasn’t enough length or width (and, actually, hight in the footwell) so I couln’t squeeze in no matter how hard I tried. After 15 minutes of torture, I raised the seat again, took a double dose of potent sleeping pills and finally fell asleep sitting up, just as one would in economy. Being someone who actually pays for my business class tickets I got pretty upset and told myself ”this is what you get for not flying turkish”, but that might not longer hold true with these new seats

For a big guy that never flies alone (I’m always with my wife, a friend or my business partner) there isn’t any viable comfortable options anymore between the US and EU anymore. I’ve grown to love TK and really look forward to my flights with them, but this will probably change that, which makes me really sad. I don’t get how they could have picked this seat since it seems universally hated on SQ and doesn’t even make more seats fit in the cabin? If they wanted to go to 1-2-1, why don’t just a reverse herringbone or even the Vantage XL (which I’m not a fan of, but at least I fit comfortably in the bulkhead)?

That said, I would actually like to try this seat on a intra-EU flight during the day
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:57 am

Another review, this time long-haul:

Anyone here speaking German? Does he like it?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
The seats are not made for this height, which is understandable. A size of 195cm is not the average height. So you need learn to live with that and get used to it or book just first class.
In the end they need to do bigger seats for overweight people too ??
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by PerStockholm
Another review, this time long-haul: https://youtu.be/ZDyzAaaDhxc

Anyone here speaking German? Does he like it?
Yeah I do, so the main points:

They were impressed with modernity and certain user friendly touches such as being able to tilt the IFE screen downwards while reclining. They described the seat as somewhat tight ( I think not exactly narrow but not wide were rage words used) and somewhat short. The one who got a fair bit of sleep said that it was fine for side sleeping, but not so great when sleeping on your back. They were both impressed by the privacy and the cocoon like nature of the seats. Both also impressed by the catering ( and there’s an explanation how although outstation catering is not done by do and co they go out there to give recipes and do quality control etc.)
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Adding SIN to the 787 route network
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-june-2020/
gilbertaue and cloudzocker like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by matore
Any news on problem with the blocked F seats at all departures?
To convince TK Customer service about the real seat map is impossible, but do we know how it works in reality now. Who gets the F seats and when?
Haha yeah I also had these weird conversations with the hotline "no, there are no seats E&F on this aircraft" ... "hmmm, sure..."
I just checked in at the airport for my flight (as also OLCI doesn't seem to work) and the airport staff has the correct seat map.

Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by cloudzocker
It was working fine on TC-LLD today. Speed was OK too.

cloudzocker likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:25 pm

and first review one could see clearly that only seats with right placed windows are in the middle of the cabin, i.e. 4.5.6. The rest are all "in between of 2 windows"... So I changed my 2K's to 4K/6K and looks I wasn't alone on my flights in September who watched this video as 2A was pretty much within an hour changed by someone else to 4A
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
It’s great!

On board TK66 and posting this inflight via the complimentary WiFi. I believe the is LLD and on its first long haul service.

Before saying anything more I think it’s a very solid product and I would be happy to again. It’s not however best in class.

What struck me on boarding is how dense the seating is. This Is not helped by the outer privacy panel on each seat which does exactly what it should but also reduces the openness of the cabin. I think AA and the older version of QR seat give a more open environment.

At 5’11 and 90kgs the seat was ok but a little narrow. The cubby hole for feet is restrictive but not enough to spoil the flight or my sleep. I have slept solidly for over 6 hours. The seat is comfortable and very private. I have one which is set away from the window but still has two windows. The gap between my shelf and the back of the seat in front is a little more that the length of the headphone case.

The mattress is good but a larger pillow is needed. The Bersace inflight amenity kit superb and the washrooms are set up nicely but again are small.

Just about to dine in demand and will report back possibly with images later

Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by binman
On board TK66 and posting this inflight via the complimentary WiFi. I believe the is LLD and on its first long haul service.
No way! I am on the same flight... sent you a private message...

I agree with your assessment of the new J seat. I was quite skeptical having seen the initial reviews on YouTube. But the seat is actually OK. Certainly no need to avoid this configuration in the future.
I also really like the privacy. From my middle/F seat, I am unable to see any passengers - yes, any passengers. Even though this is a "honeymoon" seat, I cannot see the passenger next to me due to the privacy screen on head level - this is actually a disadvantage when traveling with somebody. There is no really good seat for couples.
I am 1.87m tall/82kg and I can comfortably fit into the seat. I can also stretch out, slightly touching both ends of the seat in the fully reclined position.
The foot cubby is ok - it is even possible to sleep on the side.
On my way to IST from AMS, I had the exact same aircraft and was in 1F. The foot cubby in row 1 is slightly bigger - which might be a nice feature for taller passengers. Just be aware that row 1 is usually blocked and can only be assigned by check-in staff at the airport.

Will also report back with pictures later.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus
Flying this saturday to bali. I wonder how our 6 year old will handle this seat with all that privacy
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.