Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by vallier
I called TK (in Turkey) and wanted E & F Seats on odd rows. And They were telling me there were no E & F Seats!?
The guy told me (row by row) there were only A & K for row 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and A, D, G, K for row 2, 4, 6.
Where are E & F Seats for row 1, 3, 5, 7? How to select those seats?
mm...
There is an issue with the 787-9 seat map in the TK system so the only seat selection options are to call the hotline ( which you did ) or ask at the airport.
Unfortunately, due to the same issue, online check-in won't be available for your flight.

If your flight is later in the year ( fall, winter ), there may be an update on the situation before your flight.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: SPG PLT50, TK G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is an issue with the 787-9 seat map in the TK system so the only seat selection options are to call the hotline ( which you did ) or ask at the airport.
Unfortunately, due to the same issue, online check-in won't be available for your flight.

If your flight is later in the year ( fall, winter ), there may be an update on the situation before your flight.
Thanks for the reply.
Feel weird that they claimed there were no E & F Seats at all. Anyone successfully selected those seats by calling?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: TK Elite
Third dreamliner TC-LLC arrived an hour go in Istanbul.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
It's really sad to see 787 J get this many negative reviews. I really wonder if any TK exec who made the decision to go with these seats flew or even saw the product in real life....
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by flyjfk
It's really sad to see 787 J get this many negative reviews. I really wonder if any TK exec who made the decision to go with these seats flew or even saw the product in real life....
I think the problem is that TK's J customer base consisted mainly of people who were averse to a coffin footwell and narrow seat so much that they didn't mind less privacy in 2-2-2 and 2-3-2 configurations. And then suddenly TK went privacy at the expense of width.

At other airlines with staggered 1-2-1, sure there are hostile receptions, but none like the furore that has been raised over this here.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Unionruler
I think the problem is that TK's J customer base consisted mainly of people who were averse to a coffin footwell and narrow seat so much that they didn't mind less privacy in 2-2-2 and 2-3-2 configurations. And then suddenly TK went privacy at the expense of width.
At other airlines with staggered 1-2-1, sure there are hostile receptions, but none like the furore that has been raised over this here.
Surely there would have been better J seats available to TK... Look at Air Canada's J seat in their 787. While it is still 1-2-1 seating, it is much more spacious. Same with KLM. Another good example would be QR with their 1-2-1 J (not Q-Suite, but the J product before).
I am sure there is also a reason why SQ flies this seat (which is identical to TK) on regional routes, not 13 hour long-haul flights.
Time will tell and I am looking forward to my flight which is coming up soon. Then I will be able to decide for myself if I need to avoid TK 787 routes in the future...
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I think the problem is that TK's J customer base consisted mainly of people who were averse to a coffin footwell and narrow seat so much that they didn't mind less privacy in 2-2-2 and 2-3-2 configurations.
What’s for sure is that trip blogs/blogs/reports have been complaining about TK’s ‘substandard’ seats with the ‘dreaded middle’ for ages. Not me!

I’m looking forward to reading reviews of the new 787 seats here and elsewhere, but am hoping they get the 777 fitted with a better product eventually.
TPJ, SFOTraveler1984 and FEasy like this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Jul 24, 2019 at 9:29 pm
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I am sure there is also a reason why SQ flies this seat (which is identical to TK) on regional routes, not 13 hour long-haul flights.
Actually I held this view for a few weeks, but now I'm not so sure, because prior to this SQ was flying A330 2-2-2 on regional routes when TK was flying A330 2-2-2 on 13 hour long-haul.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
What’s for sure is that trip blogs/blogs/reports have been complaining about TK’s ‘substandard’ seats with the ‘dreaded middle’ for ages. Not me
Very true! I would still try to avoid seat E (the very middle seat in TK's 777), but I am totally fine with the other seats. In all my flights with TK I never had a really bad (badly behaving) neighbor (ok... maybe once...) - so I am fine with the current seat and I would value the space over additional privacy.
Maybe the blogs are changing their view too? :-)

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Actually I held this view for a few weeks, but now I'm not so sure, because prior to this SQ was flying A330 2-2-2 on regional routes when TK was flying A330 2-2-2 on 13 hour long-haul.
I think it really depends on whether you value space over privacy or vice versa. Without having sat in the new 787 J seat yet and only judging by pictures/reviews - I would probably be happy with the current 2-2-2 seat over the new 787 seat on long-haul flights. I guess we will soon find out :-)
Edvard and FEasy like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
As a data point, whenever the seat next to me in 2-2-2 TK J configuration is free, I’m super super happy. Feels like J+ or F-
Edvard and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flyjfk
its surely far too early to state this with any certainty. The new seat is different, there have been some negative reviews. But with fewer than 10 long haul service to date, and therefore no more than 600 passengers in total, it is simply not credible to state with any degree of certainty that the seat is disliked.
i am happy to add tuppence worth after my long haul experience shortly with images if I can
nwflyboy and gr8pirate like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by flyerby
As a data point, whenever the seat next to me in 2-2-2 TK J configuration is free, I’m super super happy. Feels like J+ or F-
TC-LLD currently en route to Istanbul
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
TC-LLD currently en route to Istanbul
and LLB operating to AMS. Was that scheduled?

All 4 787 Dreamliner in TK livery actually in the air at this time!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by binman
and LLB operating to AMS. Was that scheduled?
Yes, until October ..
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by binman
its surely far too early to state this with any certainty. The new seat is different, there have been some negative reviews. But with fewer than 10 long haul service to date, and therefore no more than 600 passengers in total, it is simply not credible to state with any degree of certainty that the seat is disliked.
You forget to mention that this exact type of seat is already in use for quite some time with SQ regional flights.
binman and PerStockholm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.