Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I completely understand that most people prefer to arrive at a jet bridge, but in fairness, TK usually provides a dedicated bus to the terminal building for J passengers - something very few airlines do. I would actually prefer that over 15-20 minutes waiting for a gate, which I see at airports in the US regularly.
very fair point. I hadn’t consider that. The airport is vast.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: TK Elite
TK seems to be blocking honeymoon seats on all flights, disappointing when aiming to fly with the wife...
Old Jul 21, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus / Star Alliance Gold ; AY Gold / One World Sapphire; Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Based on that flight report from Josh Cahill (thanks a lot!) I guess my seat is 6A or 6K because of the window to seat position. Is that you on 8A @ISTFlyer ;-)
https://youtu.be/sbZjj4r5PSo
This looks very worrying. I fly THY because of their spacious seats and airy business cabin in the 777. I tend to skip dinner and always manage to get a non-stop, full night sleep whether I lie belly-down, left or right side, .. It's been perfect to go straight into work on arrival. Based on this review, this new seat seems to be among the worst of the plastic cocoon models (coffins, if you will). Completely enclosed around your head, very small footwell (rather than an ottoman, which is great).. I got this sinking feeling watching the video. I hope airlines move away from this trend of "privacy" above all other comforts. I get this is a trend in First, but there at least there is the real estate to work with. It's ridiculous to add tons of plastic dividers in an already small space like a business cabin, and really very unpleasant. Was there ever any survey or focus group among current THY business flyers on this?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by FEasy
This looks very worrying. I fly THY because of their spacious seats and airy business cabin in the 777. I tend to skip dinner and always manage to get a non-stop, full night sleep whether I lie belly-down, left or right side, .. It's been perfect to go straight into work on arrival. Based on this review, this new seat seems to be among the worst of the plastic cocoon models (coffins, if you will). Completely enclosed around your head, very small footwell (rather than an ottoman, which is great).. I got this sinking feeling watching the video. I hope airlines move away from this trend of "privacy" above all other comforts. I get this is a trend in First, but there at least there is the real estate to work with. It's ridiculous to add tons of plastic dividers in an already small space like a business cabin, and really very unpleasant. Was there ever any survey or focus group among current THY business flyers on this?
I share your sentiment, TK clearly chose a very dense configuration, I was really hoping for an APEX suite ŕ la Oman Air or Gulf Air but that gives them 6 fewer seats on the 787-9.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I fully agree with these concerns - whilst the new seats look great they seem to be very tight and narrow.
Watched this video yesterday and on multiple occasions the guy comments on how tight the seat is - especially the foot cubby:

(check minute 7:35, at minute 15:00 he gets into the seat which is super tight - and he is a slim guy!)

Hope TK will opt for more spacious seats when they renew the 777 cabin...
FEasy likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus / Star Alliance Gold ; AY Gold / One World Sapphire; Sixt Platinum
I fully agree with these concerns - whilst the new seats look great they seem to be very tight and narrow.
Watched this video yesterday and on multiple occasions the guy comments on how tight the seat is - especially the foot cubby:

https://youtu.be/9C2zDA6VDuA
(check minute 7:35, at minute 15:00 he gets into the seat which is super tight - and he is a slim guy!)

Hope TK will opt for more spacious seats when they renew the 777 cabin...
Thanks. He also doesn't look exceptionally tall, yet his head is tilted forward even with his feet slotted all the way in the footwell. I'm 1m90 / 6ft3 and can comfortably stretch out on the current seats in any position. I reckon they're well over 2m flat out. If that changes, I don't see TK's unique value proposition for travellers like me. It'll be just another cramped business seat with a bunch of goodies thrown in to make you feel "special". Anyways, so far it's 777 and I'll hold off judgement until I get to (have to) fly one of these.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:14 am

I will fly the 787 in about 2 weeks... will report back
AirCanada881 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I love how the new J seats look, gorgeous design, detail and lots of privacy. Hope, but am confident that the local Y seats won’t shrink from the current standard.

However, seeing the last video review where the reviewer says he’s 176cm around 10 minutes into the video and it looks like the new J lie flat is a snug fit for him, I’m content that my primary route is going to be the old open 777 setup for a while longer.

I’d prefer a middle J seat in the old 2-3-2 over this if it’s as tight as it looks.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FEasy
Agreed!

TK business class is my favourite way to get around, even though they oftentimes represent a signifcantly longer way for me here in Sweden, but these new seats looks terrible and I will probably move away from TK on flights with these new seats. Too bad.

I’m not at all surprised about the negative comments the seats have gotten the last couple of days
(even on turkish aviation site cockpit.aero which calls them ”the worst business class seats in the industry”) since SQs regional seats are terrible as well. When I first saw the pictures of TKs new biz seats early 2019 and realized that TK had chosen the awful SQ seats I figured that these would be the seats to avoid on all long haul flights... Really sad.
TPJ, SFOTraveler1984 and FEasy like this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:41 pm

I will hold off on my judgement until I experience the new seat myself - but definitely share the concerns. I recently flew TAP A330Neo with their new J and it was incredibly short and tight (I am 1.87m tall). Having a too narrow seat is really an argument for me to avoid an airline.

Question: We know that the 787s and A350s will get this new seat and we know that the 777 will get a completely different seat (not much info available yet). Does anyone know what will happen to the long-haul configured A330s? Will they keep the current seat? I guess the A330s will stay in the fleet for a few more years?

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Jul 21, 2019 at 5:07 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:21 am

I will hold off on my judgement until I experience the new seat myself - but definitely share the concerns. I recently flew TAP A330Neo with their new J and it was incredibly short and tight (I am 1.87m tall). Having a too narrow seat is really an argument for me to avoid an airline.
Damn it. I have booked quite a few TP biz flights on their new plane and I’m 1,95m...

despite all advancements in business class seating I actually fint it more and more difficult to find a good business class seat from Europe
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Are the middle seats E and G? So window seats would be A and K? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by thefiverivers
Are the middle seats E and G? So window seats would be A and K? Thanks in advance.
The seating is as follows (I have also added this to the wiki):
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
(for a visual representation -albeit not a very intuitive one- check post #1)

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Jul 22, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by PerStockholm

Agreed!

TK business class is my favourite way to get around, even though they oftentimes represent a signifcantly longer way for me here in Sweden, but these new seats looks terrible and I will probably move away from TK on flights with these new seats. Too bad.

I’m not at all surprised about the negative comments the seats have gotten the last couple of days
(even on turkish aviation site cockpit.aero which calls them ”the worst business class seats in the industry”) since SQs regional seats are terrible as well. When I first saw the pictures of TKs new biz seats early 2019 and realized that TK had chosen the awful SQ seats I figured that these would be the seats to avoid on all long haul flights... Really sad.
Thanks. The link to the kokpit.aero article is as follows:
THY?nin 787?sinin ekonomisi çok iyi, business class?? ise hayal k?r?kl????

The author is indeed not pleased with the new seats. I hadn't noticed, but the seat covers quite a bit of the windows. That's another downgrade. I always joked TK's 777 seat has more windows (4) than my nice corporate office, and an equally impressive view.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: SPG PLT50, TK G
I called TK (in Turkey) and wanted E & F Seats on odd rows. And They were telling me there were no E & F Seats!?
The guy told me (row by row) there were only A & K for row 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and A, D, G, K for row 2, 4, 6.
Where are E & F Seats for row 1, 3, 5, 7? How to select those seats?
mm...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.