Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Based on that flight report from Josh Cahill (thanks a lot!) I guess my seat is 6A or 6K because of the window to seat position. Is that you on 8A @ISTFlyer ;-)
https://youtu.be/sbZjj4r5PSo
- I'm definitely in summer mode.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: TK Elite
I find the flight path from Everett to Istanbul kind of odd both dreamliners took the same flight path does anyone have any insight as to why
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I find the flight path from Everett to Istanbul kind of odd both dreamliners took the same flight path does anyone have any insight as to why
What is odd about it? I think it is very similar to all North American (TK) flights.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:47 pm

The third 787, TC-LLC, took the first flight from the Boeing facility today...
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Does anyone have, or know of a website, that shows the economy class seat map? I can only find the business map. TIA!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Guess I better start a diet to prepare for my flight in October.
When watching the Business Class flight reviews the new seat indeed looks really tight in sleeping position.
Can't wait to see Sam Chui's flight report as he is not as slim as the previous reviewers.
Is the seat really identical to Singapur Airlines new Regional Business Class seat?
What a pitty TK did not choose the same Business Class suits ANA decided.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Is the seat really identical to Singapur Airlines new Regional Business Class seat?
Yes, it's the same Aurora seats with the TK logo on it.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: TK Elite
Here's a report of TK67 in economy

https://youtu.be/kpnLaNGMNhY
SFOTraveler1984 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Here's a report of TK67 in economy

https://youtu.be/kpnLaNGMNhY
Did anyone realize that the safety video had changed for the second time within the last 6 months?
My IST-AYT flight on 9 Jul ( 787-9 ) had the Lego Movie 2 safety video and it was the A330 version that was played on the screens.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Did anyone realize that the safety video had changed for the second time within the last 6 months?
My IST-AYT flight on 9 Jul ( 787-9 ) had the Lego Movie 2 safety video and it was the A330 version that was played on the screens.
Indeed - I also noticed on another flight review of the 787 business cabin that not the LEGO movie was played, but a generic safety video - the same one that is shown in the above economy class review at minute 10:00.
Maybe there isn't a version of the LEGO video for the 787 yet, hence they are playing a generic safety video. The generic one seems to be specific to the 787 - the exit signs, lights, etc. are 100% identical with the 787.
I guess that TK will screen the LEGO video also on the 787 once they have updated it for this aircraft type.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I was surprised to see an off pier arrival following a 13 hour inaugural flight from Denpasar. That seemed odd and I would hope isn’t standard practice.

Does anyone have have any insight as to why?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by binman
I was surprised to see an off pier arrival following a 13 hour inaugural flight from Denpasar. That seemed odd and I would hope isn’t standard practice.

Does anyone have have any insight as to why?
Because the aircraft's next flight would be to Antalya. If the flight arrived at a jetbridge at an international gate, it should be towed to a domestic gate at the expense of TK.
Unfortunately, similarly to some other European carriers, TK doesn't want to waste thousands of euros each week, to tow an aircraft from an international gate to a domestic gate ( or vice-versa ).

This is a common situation in IST and happens hundreds of times each day. If an aircraft is going to switch from international to domestic ( or vice versa ), there are three scenarios.

1- The aircraft parks at a remote stand. Both, the passengers from the arriving and departing flight are bussed from/to the terminal.
2- The aircraft parks at a domestic gate. The passengers from the international arrival/departure are bussed from/to the terminal. The passengers from the domestic arrival/departure use the jetbridge(s).
3- The aircraft parks at an international gate. The passengers from the domestic arrival/departure are bussed from/to the terminal. The passengers from the international arrival/departure use the jetbridge(s).
binman likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Because the aircraft's next flight would be to Antalya. If the flight arrived at a jetbridge at an international gate, it should be towed to a domestic gate at the expense of TK.
Unfortunately, similarly to some other European carriers, TK doesn't want to waste thousands of euros each week, to tow an aircraft from an international gate to a domestic gate ( or vice-versa ).

This is a common situation in IST and happens hundreds of times each day. If an aircraft is going to switch from international to domestic ( or vice versa ), there are three scenarios.

1- The aircraft parks at a remote stand. Both, the passengers from the arriving and departing flight are bussed from/to the terminal.
2- The aircraft parks at a domestic gate. The passengers from the international arrival/departure are bussed from/to the terminal. The passengers from the domestic arrival/departure use the jetbridge(s).
3- The aircraft parks at an international gate. The passengers from the domestic arrival/departure are bussed from/to the terminal. The passengers from the international arrival/departure use the jetbridge(s).
thank you for the explanation which, whilst understandable is still poor customer service for those who have arrived in premium cabins on a long haul flight.

Hopefully it won’t be a long term procedure.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:16 pm

thank you for the explanation which, whilst understandable is still poor customer service for those who have arrived in premium cabins on a long haul flight.

Hopefully it won’t be a long term procedure.

good to see that DPS underway and seems to be running well
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by binman
I completely understand that most people prefer to arrive at a jet bridge, but in fairness, TK usually provides a dedicated bus to the terminal building for J passengers - something very few airlines do. I would actually prefer that over 15-20 minutes waiting for a gate, which I see at airports in the US regularly.
binman and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by SFOTraveler1984; Jul 19, 2019 at 4:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.