Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: AA PPro
I booked an award through Aeroplan from IST-ATL on Oct 4th. I can select seats on my connecting flight into IST but not on the 787. According to expert flyer it appears TK has the right side “honeymoon” seats blocked off on all the flights I checked. Has anyone booked on the 787 and been able to choose seats?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by HiAperture
I booked an award through Aeroplan from IST-ATL on Oct 4th. I can select seats on my connecting flight into IST but not on the 787. According to expert flyer it appears TK has the right side “honeymoon” seats blocked off on all the flights I checked. Has anyone booked on the 787 and been able to choose seats?
Contact TK on Twitter they'll be able to assign you seats. The seat map is currently not available for you to select your own seats on their website.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Yes, the call center agent booked them.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

The screen would be alternating between window and aisle as you can see in this picture. However, I am not sure if and by how much the screen would block the window.

Aaahh...I see! This picture answers a lot of my questions. Thanks!!
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Contact TK on Twitter they'll be able to assign you seats. The seat map is currently not available for you to select your own seats on their website.
Originally Posted by cloudzocker

Yes, the call center agent booked them.
ok great I will contact TK directly! Appreciate the help.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: UA Plat
Considering booking DPS -> IST for next year June (2020). It is currently showing the 787-900 plane for this flight. Would there be a chance Turkish Airways switches out the plane to one with the old business class seats?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:44 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by godbreath
Considering booking DPS -> IST for next year June (2020). It is currently showing the 787-900 plane for this flight. Would there be a chance Turkish Airways switches out the plane to one with the old business class seats?
There is always a chance of equipment change.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by starflyergold
There is always a chance of equipment change.
if they ever do change it the only other plane in their fleet which has the legs to fly this route is their 777 so you're at least guaranteed lie flat seats
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:05 am

ok great I will contact TK directly! Appreciate the help.
I guess I am going to have to watch on expert flyer and call back in the future. The agent I got told me none of the center pairs were available (which is what EF says, but the airline must be blocking them for some reason, there is no way of 8 seats confirmed in the cabin four of them decided they wanted to be in row F only) and told me that the even rows by the window are together, which isn't actually true in reality. For now we are in row 4 A and D which should be a true window seat and an aisle sided center seat. Hopefully between now and the flight the seat chart will go live on the website and the true center seats open.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I guess I am going to have to watch on expert flyer and call back in the future. The agent I got told me none of the center pairs were available (which is what EF says, but the airline must be blocking them for some reason, there is no way of 8 seats confirmed in the cabin four of them decided they wanted to be in row F only) and told me that the even rows by the window are together, which isn't actually true in reality. Hopefully between now and the flight the seat chart will go live on the website.
Similar like Qatar Airways where they block couple QSuites for passengers traveling on a party of two or higher, TK should be doing the same thing. However, it seems that TK IT does not permit couples in the same reservation to choose those seats.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Similar like Qatar Airways where they block couple QSuites for passengers traveling on a party of two or higher, TK should be doing the same thing. However, it seems that TK IT does not permit couples in the same reservation to choose those seats.
That certainly makes more sense. We are on the same PNR, so you think I should try again down the line? Hopefully they aren't blocking them for only their own elites.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
That certainly makes more sense. We are on the same PNR, so you think I should try again down the line? Hopefully they aren't blocking them for only their own elites.
If I were you, I would have called them back in September ( assuming that your flight is on October from the other thread ). In addition to this, assuming that you have an Expertflyer membership, I would also create a seat alert for all couple seats at the same time.

By the way, hotline employees do not have the right to unblock seats so in case you need to make someone unblock a seat, you might need to go to a local sales office or wait until online check-in.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If I were you, I would have called them back in September ( assuming that your flight is on October from the other thread ). In addition to this, assuming that you have an Expertflyer membership, I would also create a seat alert for all couple seats at the same time.

By the way, hotline employees do not have the right to unblock seats so in case you need to make someone unblock a seat, you might need to go to a local sales office or wait until online check-in.
Thanks! I do have seat alerts setup on all the blocked seats.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I think the agents at the TK hotline and the Twitter desk are still looking at the wrong seat map which was previously shown on the TK website (see post #19 here). I called them just now to change my seats and they were telling me that odd rows only have 2 seats in total, one at each window and no (!) seats in the middle... well, not quite
So I guess the seatmap on Expertflyer (see here) is the best we have at this point and your best option is to create seat alerts there
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
if they ever do change it the only other plane in their fleet which has the legs to fly this route is their 777 so you're at least guaranteed lie flat seats
Is turkish airways planning on retrofitting their 777 to the new seats or keeping them the same?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.