B787 Dreamliner

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 5, 19, 7:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
Wiki Link
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 18, 19, 9:48 am

[ deleted ]

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Nov 18, 19 at 1:29 pm
Old Nov 18, 19, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by behyx View Post
Hi, do seats in row 1 have the best legroom? Similar to Singapore Airlines'?
Sure, and there's a bit of shelving/extra storage. But really nothing to get excited about. Except that you've made it - you're in 1A/K

Given it's an aisle-window seat, rather than a window-window seat, in the first row, I'd avoid it simply because the curtain-swishing galley- and lavatory traffic could become an irritant
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:17 am

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I'm flying on TK800 from PTY-IST on Jul 24 and for some reason, all the seats are "occupied" except 1K and 2K, which are the only 2 seats that i can select.
There are definitely more than 2 seats left on the flight so is TK blocking almost all the seats?

Old Nov 22, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
This is because TK 800 is a triangle route. That's why most seats are blocked until OLCI or airport check-in.
They don't want an IST-BOG-PTY and a BOG-PTY-IST passenger to choose the same seats for the same flights.
Old Nov 22, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
This is because TK 800 is a triangle route. That's why most seats are blocked until OLCI or airport check-in.
They don't want an IST-BOG-PTY and a BOG-PTY-IST passenger to choose the same seats for the same flights.
Make sense but I finally managed to select the seats through the TK app. I pulled up my booking and selected 1K and 2K, the only 2 seats available, saved and closed the app. Opened up the app and pulled up the booking again to change seats and this time it showed the entire J class empty so I changed to the seats that I wanted and saved. What's more strange is I repeated the process and my new seats were saved but it again showed the entire J cabin blocked out. I'm not sure what's going on but I managed to secure the seats I wanted.
Old Dec 3, 19, 1:57 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Sure, and there's a bit of shelving/extra storage. But really nothing to get excited about. Except that you've made it - you're in 1A/K

Given it's an aisle-window seat, rather than a window-window seat, in the first row, I'd avoid it simply because the curtain-swishing galley- and lavatory traffic could become an irritant
I just completed a DPS trip in 1K and there was no bother from curtain or traffic.
I originally had 2K on outbound, but didn't like it in the least. Since I'm no sylph, the gap to enter the seat is too narrow for my linking, and I found the side "flap" going over the window a bit annoying.
So I asked to move to 1K if it was still free after boarding complete... and it was. Way more comfortable than 2K! For the inbound I had 3K, but asked at check-in if 1A/K was available, and the kind agent assigned me 1K.
Therefore I will choose only odd rows on the 787 from now on, with a try about 1st row at check-in if unable to grab it in advance. By the way, also mr. L didn't line the "window-window" seat set-up...
Apart from that, nice plane, the seat pad is comfortable enough, screen is large and the service was good
starflyergold likes this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
I just completed a DPS trip in 1K and there was no bother from curtain or traffic.
I originally had 2K on outbound, but didn't like it in the least. Since I'm no sylph, the gap to enter the seat is too narrow for my linking, and I found the side "flap" going over the window a bit annoying.
So I asked to move to 1K if it was still free after boarding complete... and it was. Way more comfortable than 2K! For the inbound I had 3K, but asked at check-in if 1A/K was available, and the kind agent assigned me 1K.
Therefore I will choose only odd rows on the 787 from now on, with a try about 1st row at check-in if unable to grab it in advance. By the way, also mr. L didn't line the "window-window" seat set-up...
Apart from that, nice plane, the seat pad is comfortable enough, screen is large and the service was good
Do you think that 3K would be close to 1K with regards to comfort?
Old Dec 3, 19, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
Do you think that 3K would be close to 1K with regards to comfort?
I think it could. Surely I hope so
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:14 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
Seat preference is really subjective, I'm 6 feet 1 & loved seat 6A on IST-DPS. To me the odd numbered seats are too close to the aisle.
Old Dec 4, 19, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
Originally Posted by AirCanada881 View Post
Seat preference is really subjective, I'm 6 feet 1 & loved seat 6A on IST-DPS. To me the odd numbered seats are too close to the aisle.
And there you are The subjectivity of seats.

I was given 1A but switched to a window-window (4A I think). I don't generally fuss over seating, but I found the traffic and curtain swishing something of an irritant - perhaps because the forward lavatory was virtually the only one available for most of the flight.

To be honest, I didn't find either seat particularly attractive or comfortable, and I'm quite happy my next week trip to Jakarta is back to the B777
AirCanada881 and Lefly like this.
Old Dec 9, 19, 8:01 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
There are a number of reports flying about today that TK have decided to change the business class seats on the Dreamliners (and possibly the A350). This is following negative feedback from customers. As a reminder the seat TK originally choose is a regional product.

Lefly, gr8pirate and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 9, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
There are a number of reports flying about today that TK have decided to change the business class seats on the Dreamliners (and possibly the A350). This is following negative feedback from customers. As a reminder the seat TK originally choose is a regional product.

https://twitter.com/AirportHaber/sta...483670017?s=20
I was going to share the same news article just now.

In addition to starflyergold , Economy Class seats would remain unchanged and the Business Class seats would change for the remaining 19 787-9 aircraft and possibly all the A350 aircraft. Current aircraft would not have a reconfiguration.
starflyergold, Lefly and gr8pirate like this.
Old Dec 9, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I was going to share the same news article just now.

In addition to starflyergold , Economy Class seats would remain unchanged and the Business Class seats would change for the remaining 19 787-9 aircraft and possibly all the A350 aircraft. Current aircraft would not have a reconfiguration.
Interesting decision, I actually liked the new 787 Business Class seat. I wouldn't have thought that there is a need to change it all over again.
Would be interesting to see how the "new new" seat looks like - given that TK should soon get their first A350, hopefully we will get some information on the new seat soon.
Old Dec 9, 19, 1:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Platinum
YAS, I'm so happy about the news.. they should've gone for any J product that is not optimized for regional flights..
Old Dec 9, 19, 3:53 pm
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
Crossing my fingers for the same seat Oman Air and Gulf Air have on their dreamliners

Search this Thread