Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Just a data point for selection of F seats. When I booked in mid Aug, I was not able to make seat selections online so I called them and selected roll 2 (even #) as we are traveling in a group of 3. I checked online on 8/29th or 30th and saw the seat maps online update but was not able to change seats online (I guess since I already have seats assigned?), so I called them and was able to changed seats to 3A, 3E & 3F. My flight is for July 2020 on IST to KUL.
So it looks like they at least fixed something on the call center side ^
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:38 pm

I reviewed IST-DPS TK67 flight if you guys wanted to check it out. It was much better than the inaugural flight TBH. I was reallt good actually.

https://firstofly.com/2019/09/07/tur...asar-istanbul/

Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:39 am

Nice review. It is strange that there was not the serving cart when I was flying from Istanbul to Denpasar.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fenerlee1907
Nice review. It is strange that there was not the serving cart when I was flying from Istanbul to Denpasar.
On my flight from IST to DPS, since this is a night flight, the crew didn't do the full dinner service with the cart, but offered dine on demand to everyone.
DPS to IST had the usual dinner cart.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

On my flight from IST to DPS, since this is a night flight, the crew didn't do the full dinner service with the cart, but offered dine on demand to everyone.
Thanks TK! Most pax want to sleep at 3am and not have a full menu in the early morning! ;-)
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker

Thanks TK! Most pax want to sleep at 3am and not have a full menu in the early morning! ;-)
Absolutely! Since people have eaten in the lounge, it makes much more sense to have the main dinner service before landing in DPS (around 7pm-ish).
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:03 am

My JFK-IST flight, TK012 at 00.05 had dine-on-demand as almost everyone on board directly went to sleep as soon as the plane departed. We could get the main course until 2 hours before landing, and then breakfast basically anytime before the landing safety requirements.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:04 am

I also like to share my experiences as well. Here is my review and I also recorded a short video. Hope it gives idea about the flight with Turkish Airlines 787.

http://www.mehmetaktas.org/2019/09/t...ing-787-9.html

cloudzocker likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Anyone experienced the product (both hard and soft) in economy yet? My wife and I are doing ATL-IST and return in the 787 but not until the end of the month (outbound) and October (inbound). Had to select our seats through the call center as we booked our tickets at the sales office. Evidently that is keeping us from making any changes (to include accepting schedule changes and selecting seats) online.

With a 10pm departure (and often delayed past 11) I doubt my wife or I will partake in the first service on the outbound but coming back is daylight so we'll likely be awake for most of it!

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

I can confirm this as I was on the same flight.

On my return the cart was used.

I think the crew were still getting used to the new aircraft as service was a little disjointed and hesitant. They were all very charming and helpful that I certainly could not complain.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Anyone experienced the product (both hard and soft) in economy yet? My wife and I are doing ATL-IST and return in the 787 but not until the end of the month (outbound) and October (inbound). Had to select our seats through the call center as we booked our tickets at the sales office. Evidently that is keeping us from making any changes (to include accepting schedule changes and selecting seats) online.

With a 10pm departure (and often delayed past 11) I doubt my wife or I will partake in the first service on the outbound but coming back is daylight so we'll likely be awake for most of it!

Thanks!
Experience what exactly? the 9 across in Y? Many of us have and its not a dreamliner. Probably a nightmare. The soft product will be totally fine i am sure but the hard is the same painful experience in any 787 9 across conf.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ermis177
Experience what exactly? the 9 across in Y? Many of us have and its not a dreamliner. Probably a nightmare. The soft product will be totally fine i am sure but the hard is the same painful experience in any 787 9 across conf.
I’ve flown 9 across Y on UA, ET and CA 787’s and couldn’t tell a difference to the 777 TK Y setup space-wise.

Would I rather sit in business? - Of course!
Is it a nightmare? - Not at all.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:42 pm

Seems the 78-9 has been filed to fly tomorrow to ATL. I'll be on the exATL-IST in C.
An on-time delivery by TK!
Really looking forward to it. I hope there is no last minute change but even if there is I would be happy to fly the 332. ^

If anyone has any questions, I'll try and answer them.

P.S. all the "missing" seats were visible and able to be selected with online check-in!
HiAperture likes this.

Last edited by elsie; Sep 9, 2019 at 9:31 pm
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I’ve flown 9 across Y on UA, ET and CA 787’s and couldn’t tell a difference to the 777 TK Y setup space-wise.

Would I rather sit in business? - Of course!
Is it a nightmare? - Not at all.
Well, you might havent but the vast majority of us have! The 787 was designed for 8 abreast but someone out there had a very smart idea to add 1 more seat....Its simply too tight.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:07 pm

Water cannon salute this evening for the dreamliner arrival in ATL. Posted on Twitter by the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.