Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SFOTraveler1984
List of 787 Destinations: (ordered by date of inaugural flight)

AYT 08JUL19 to 30SEP19 (domestic familiarization flights)
ADB from 27OCT19
--
DPS from 17JUL19
AMS few rotations from 26JUL19-21AUG19 & 17OCT19-24OCT19
IAD from 08AUG19
MEX/CUN from 21AUG19
DEL from 21AUG19
JFK from 22AUG19
DXB from 03SEP19
ATL from 10SEP19
PTY/BOG from 10SEP19
MIA from 31OCT19
CCS from 01APR20
NRT from 13APR20
KIX from 14APR20
KUL from 12MAY20
SIN from 08JUN20

Seating:
The TK 787 offers 1-2-1 seating in J as follows (see post #1):
Odd rows: A (window) [aisle] E&F (honeymoon seats, console at the aisle) [aisle] K (window)
Even rows: A (window) [aisle] D&G (seats closer to aisle, console in between seats) [aisle] K (window)

Please note that as of August 11th, it is not possible to select seats on the TK website or in the TK app. Also, the hotline seems to look at an outdated seat map and does not see all seats.
Print Wikipost

B787 Dreamliner

Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ekfb

personally i never understood people who need 100% silence and darkness in order to sleep...
i try to avoid weighing in when these futile arguments develop - the two sides are never going to be reconciled to the point of view of the other.

Me? I prefer semi-darkness for sleeping, but in reality I can cope with blinds open or closed.

But what drives me crazy is the inevitable loon who will lift the blind for 30 seconds every ten minutes over Burma on a night-flight to Asia.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
787-9 seat map now available on TKs website... With missing seats lol
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Choosing Seats

I came across this excellent article in Executive Traveller which should help us all choose the best seats. I wasn't aware that if you choose a window seat with the table on the left that there will be difficulties looking out the window with the curve of the seat.

For my flight next year I have been allocated 1K and having read the review, I won't be in a hurry to change it...!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/t...business-class
Lefly and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
787-9 seat map now available on TKs website... With missing seats lol
I am seeing the same thing on my booking as well. no G seats and all F seats blocked.

I guess presumably the call center can see this "improved" version now, so I will check to see if they can book the blocked F seats now that they can be "seen".
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Hello,

I notice the wiki indicates that MIA will receive the 787 from 10_31_19. However, a quick online search reveals only one mention of this fact from November 2018, indicating that the new aircraft will be flying on this route on Thursdays only. While daily service is retained, all other days continue to feature the 777. Sure enough this fact is confirmed on the Turkish website. Further sometime after the winter schedule it appears that even Thursdays revert back to the 777. Any further insights to confirm this? I just booked a flight to MIA (on a Friday) in early June of 2020 and would love to try to new aircraft if, in fact, it is flying that route. I would even consider shifting my travel schedule if I knew what days feature the 787 during summer 2020.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Hello,

I notice the wiki indicates that MIA will receive the 787 from 10_31_19. However, a quick online search reveals only one mention of this fact from November 2018, indicating that the new aircraft will be flying on this route on Thursdays only. While daily service is retained, all other days continue to feature the 777. Sure enough this fact is confirmed on the Turkish website. Further sometime after the winter schedule it appears that even Thursdays revert back to the 777. Any further insights to confirm this? I just booked a flight to MIA (on a Friday) in early June of 2020 and would love to try to new aircraft if, in fact, it is flying that route. I would even consider shifting my travel schedule if I knew what days feature the 787 during summer 2020.
It's too early to predict the aircraft type for the S20 season at this moment. If you would like to try the 787-9, my suggestion would be to buy a flexible ticket at this point and change it depending on the aircraft type.

Turkish Airlines is popular with their last minute equipment changes.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's too early to predict the aircraft type for the S20 season at this moment. If you would like to try the 787-9, my suggestion would be to buy a flexible ticket at this point and change it depending on the aircraft type.

Turkish Airlines is popular with their last minute equipment changes.
Agreed! As a reference, this is the latest information re. 787 service to MIA: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I came across this excellent article in Executive Traveller which should help us all choose the best seats. I wasn't aware that if you choose a window seat with the table on the left that there will be difficulties looking out the window with the curve of the seat.

For my flight next year I have been allocated 1K and having read the review, I won't be in a hurry to change it...!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/t...business-class
1A/K certainly look spacious but the proximity to the galley could be a problem, plus the fact that the seat is further from the window. This would have been the perfect seat had they inverted the order (ie first row closest to the window & so on)
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by HiAperture
I am seeing the same thing on my booking as well. no G seats and all F seats blocked.

I guess presumably the call center can see this "improved" version now, so I will check to see if they can book the blocked F seats now that they can be "seen".
Same situation. I called the center: they were unable to unblock F seats...even if I will be traveling with my kid !
I asked them to assign 3E and 3K...I will see later if they finally unblocked seat 3F.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
1A/K certainly look spacious but the proximity to the galley could be a problem, plus the fact that the seat is further from the window. This would have been the perfect seat had they inverted the order (ie first row closest to the window & so on)
Bummer... I didn't realize it
I think I'll try to move to row 2 if available...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
Bummer... I didn't realize it
I think I'll try to move to row 2 if available...
but then you have that wing curve in the way and it seems that you won’t be able to see out the window without leaning forward.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by CoweyB

but then you have that wing curve in the way and it seems that you won’t be able to see out the window without leaning forward.
Maybe, but I prefer the "armrest/table" on the aisle side than the opposite
AirCanada881 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Maybe, but I prefer the "armrest/table" on the aisle side than the opposite
fair enough!
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
So just to confirm 2,4,6/A,K are the seats next to the windows, rather than the aisles.

I requested window seat earlier and it seems the phone agent knew what I was looking for.

NM, it's been answered.

Last edited by vincewy; Aug 31, 2019 at 10:24 am
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:37 pm

Here is the review of the seats and the inaugural flight TK66 IST-DPS:

https://firstofly.com/2019/08/29/tur...sar-inaugural/

From I noticed, 8A and 8K is partially blocked, but it's not bad. I flew this before I prefer 7A and 7K. The best is 1A and 1K though.
peejayemm likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.