FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Official Turkish Airlines Business Class Menu Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1934654-official-turkish-airlines-business-class-menu-thread.html)

ibmman69 Oct 9, 2018 4:38 am

Official Turkish Airlines Business Class Menu Thread

ankomonkey Oct 9, 2018 9:13 am

What did you go for?

AANYC1981 Oct 10, 2018 3:20 am

Originally Posted by ibmman69 (Post 30294872)

i was on this flight on 10/8 and had the same menu.....the pre-arrival eggplant was just a penne pasta dish with diced eggplant and no minced beef to be seen.

PDB I asked for a G&T which was happily accommodated

had to ask every time for a refill or else the crew would whisk my glass
away.....so annoying.

even requests for water were ignored and required follow up.

not impressed.

Sinter Oct 10, 2018 8:54 am

Was hit or miss for me on the same route in July. On the way to IST refills were usually on point, though I had to ask a few times, however the crew missed me on the amuse bouche (while serving it to my wife seated right next to me) and one other item I'm blanking on now. Return flight from IST, the crew was more solid.

ibmman69 Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey (Post 30295687)
What did you go for?

I went to Munich for Oktoberfest, and then traveled around for a bit. Didn't spend any time in Istanbul proper.

ibmman69 Oct 10, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Sinter (Post 30299624)
Was hit or miss for me on the same route in July. On the way to IST refills were usually on point, though I had to ask a few times, however the crew missed me on the amuse bouche (while serving it to my wife seated right next to me) and one other item I'm blanking on now. Return flight from IST, the crew was more solid.

Our flight from JFK to IST the cabin was totally full, and the crew was okay.

The return flight crew was on point for TK1, but that could be because the business class cabin was pretty empty.

Overall on both flights I found the food to be good, and the service was good. Although they did run out of champagne on TK1. I was also a bit disappointed with the arrival meal options considering the flight is 9.5hrs and we landed late in the afternoon.

This was my second long haul RT with them this year, and I would fly them again if the price was on point which is the reason I booked these tickets in the first place.

Overall, I don't find the crew to be very proactive based on the two RT this year. The cabin manager on TK1 was proactive, but he's only one person.

The lack of proactive services reminds me of the big Asian airlines, but there's not the anticipating what you want in the way Asian airlines tend to do.

As one of the other posters mentioned, they are more likely to take an empty glass rather than offer you more to drink. I think that's an easy spot they could drastically improve customer satisfaction, and a big deficit compared to competitors I've traveled. I don't know if it's cultural, policy, or just poor training.

ankomonkey Oct 11, 2018 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ibmman69 (Post 30300008)
I went to Munich for Oktoberfest, and then traveled around for a bit. Didn't spend any time in Istanbul proper.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was asking what you had from the menu rather than the reason for your trip! Thanks anyway. Hope you enjoyed Oktoberfest. I went about 7 years ago, but don't remember too much ;)

ibmman69 Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am

Originally Posted by ankomonkey (Post 30302789)
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was asking what you had from the menu rather than the reason for your trip! Thanks anyway. Hope you enjoyed Oktoberfest. I went about 7 years ago, but don't remember too much ;)

Ah, sorry. I had the beef. It was fine. I had beef on the flight out there and it was fine too. Not the best beef I've had on a plane, but not the worst. Definitely edible by any measure.

They seem to do a much better job on the beef appetizer course than the main meal. On the return the beef appetizer was amazing. Nice, rare, and tender.

ankomonkey Oct 12, 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ibmman69 (Post 30307381)
Ah, sorry. I had the beef. It was fine. I had beef on the flight out there and it was fine too. Not the best beef I've had on a plane, but not the worst. Definitely edible by any measure.

They seem to do a much better job on the beef appetizer course than the main meal. On the return the beef appetizer was amazing. Nice, rare, and tender.

ibmman69 Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey (Post 30307717)

Best beef I ever had on a plane was in F on Cathay. I found BA's beef in F to be on par w/ Turkish J, and I'm a bit picky about steak.

qrctraveller Dec 4, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks for this post ibmman69, I have heard that TK provides excellent service and as a frequent flier of Air Canada, I wanted to fly a different star alliance carrier. I will fly TK from Frankfurt to Istanbul to Shanghai. I also appreciate everyone advising me in advance that they aren't proactive with the drink refills because that is certainly what I'm expecting :).

flyjfk Dec 4, 2018 9:45 pm

About the drinks not being proactively offered.. I think it really depends on the crew. Last week I flew IST-ORD, they were offering to refill my drink even before I finished it, and they were very generous about it :)

johnirvine Dec 6, 2018 6:16 am

On TK flights from BKK - IST and IST - TXL yesterday, the business class menus were advertising 'dine on demand'. Basically, you get the same menu but can choose when to eat. I did not try the service out but will do in future.

qrctraveller Dec 6, 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by flyjfk (Post 30500088)
About the drinks not being proactively offered.. I think it really depends on the crew. Last week I flew IST-ORD, they were offering to refill my drink even before I finished it, and they were very generous about it :)

Hopefully I get an awesome crew, as well ^

nikolask Dec 6, 2018 10:21 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine (Post 30504806)
On TK flights from BKK - IST and IST - TXL yesterday, the business class menus were advertising 'dine on demand'. Basically, you get the same menu but can choose when to eat. I did not try the service out but will do in future.

​​​​​​​Do you happen to have any photos of the menus?