Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Official Turkish Airlines Business Class Menu Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Turkish Airlines Business Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:02 am

Business from Frankfurt to Istanbul
Cold, turkish meze
Hot, rigatoni in home made tomato sauce

Last edited by Chr04; Dec 11, 2018 at 11:44 am
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
I had the identical meal on a recent trip from LHR. Also went for the pasta option and I must say it tasted nothing like a C class meal. Also they include the yogurt mezze platter on most C flights which is a pretty good deterrent to drink wine/champagne.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:01 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I was rather unimpressed by the food selection and quality on my 2 flights last week.
Weak quality. Same rigatoni with tomato sauce once again... A 1 dollar dish
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold

Originally Posted by nikolask
Do you happen to have any photos of the menus?
This is the menu from IST to BKK. It was also Dine on Demand but with a 01:50 departure the whole cabin chose to eat after departure- although I was offered an option of dining later.
nikolask likes this.

Last edited by CoweyB; Dec 17, 2018 at 4:50 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Are you allowed to demand more than one dessert?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:08 pm

Double post deleted - very slow hotel WiFi...

Last edited by CoweyB; Dec 17, 2018 at 9:13 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by ankomonkey
ha ha - I was full but I’m sure it’s possible.

What I did notice this time, was that they no longer come round with the little cart letting you see what is on offer and from which you could choose. I had to order all courses in one go at the start and each course was subsequently brought round already plated.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:35 am

Does anybody know on which flights TK offers the appetizer trolley? Does this depend on origin and/or departure time?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nikolask
Does anybody know on which flights TK offers the appetizer trolley? Does this depend on origin and/or departure time?
For flights that are longer than 8 hours. I don't think it depends on time but there won't be an appetizer trolley for breakfast service.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
In services from the dessert trolley, yes you can demand more than one. All of the same type of desserts are in a large plate in each trolley. They are not plated individually at the catering center so the cabin crew or the flying chef places small portions of all the demanded desserts in one plate.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:25 pm
azj

What's the service generally like on a red-eye departure to Asia, for example IST-ICN on the 77W? The flight leaves at 2am, so would I expect a snack after takeoff and more substantial food later on? Not too familiar with TK business. Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azj
What's the service generally like on a red-eye departure to Asia, for example IST-ICN on the 77W? The flight leaves at 2am, so would I expect a snack after takeoff and more substantial food later on? Not too familiar with TK business. Thanks!
Full dinner after take-off
Full lunch before arrival
Sandwiches and cakes available at the galley throughout the flight.

However, the second meal is a lighter meal than the first one.
Just to remind you that Dine On Demand should be offered throughout the flight and 30 days before departure you would be able to preselect your meals online ( only for IST departures ).

Just a reminder that due to cost cutting on international routes, the service type may be changed. However, the cost cutting did not significantly affect J class meals on most routes.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:34 pm
azj

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Full dinner after take-off
Full lunch before arrival
Sandwiches and cakes available at the galley throughout the flight.

However, the second meal is a lighter meal than the first one.
Just to remind you that Dine On Demand should be offered throughout the flight and 30 days before departure you would be able to preselect your meals online ( only for IST departures ).

Just a reminder that due to cost cutting on international routes, the service type may be changed. However, the cost cutting did not significantly affect J class meals on most routes.
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the food on TK, just not sure how much I'm willing to eat at 2am.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Question Current J menus?

Hello all,

I’ll be flying DUB-IST-TLV and return next week in J. Any idea what will be on the menus?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2019, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Hello all,

I’ll be flying DUB-IST-TLV and return next week in J. Any idea what will be on the menus?

Thanks!
Thanks for not providing the time of your flights or flight numbers. There are multiple flights both to Dublin and Tel Aviv each day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.