Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Click and drag to the below link too see the very recent state of the Terminal and nearby facilities. Note that, only PB1 (F Gates Area) and PB2 (G Gates Area - Domestic terminal) will become operational after Oct. 29th. These are the two "east side" piers, the ones on the right hand side where the aprons look pretty much "clean"!

https://kuula.co/post/7PzrM?fbclid=I...D5tBep0tRkOEfs
TPJ and northernstar84 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mafaky
Click and drag to the below link too see the very recent state of the Terminal and nearby facilities. Note that, only PB1 (F Gates Area) and PB2 (G Gates Area - Domestic terminal) will become operational after Oct. 29th. These are the two "east side" piers, the ones on the right hand side where the aprons look pretty much "clean"!

https://kuula.co/post/7PzrM?fbclid=I...D5tBep0tRkOEfs
this looks fantastic, thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Turkish Airlines should move to the new airport in May instead of December.....
Turkish Airlines should move to the new airport in May instead of December
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
The GYD flights start from November 1? I’ve got GYD-IST on Oct 31, but it still shows IST.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
The GYD flights start from November 1? I’ve got GYD-IST on Oct 31, but it still shows IST.
The flights from the new airport are *additional* to the existing flights from IST - so I doubt that they'll have many pax on board, and certainly no transfer passengers....
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
The flights from the new airport are *additional* to the existing flights from IST - so I doubt that they'll have many pax on board, and certainly no transfer passengers....
Gotcha. I've been worried my original flight was going to become messed up, ever since the Oct. 31/Nov. 1 opening date was originally announced a few months ago. Glad there won't be any issues.

Although from the TK side, such a flight makes zero sense.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
When I read 31 Dec as date for the moving I suddendly remembered the NYE snow mess in 2015/2016...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Star GOLD, EK SIlver
The author of the article has zero idea of aviation and business
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: TK Gold
I really wonder whether the airport is actually ready now
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
The very latest news is that the € 500 million agreement between UniFree (the German Heinemann Group owned Turkish origin duty-free company) and IGA has been unexpectedly and very recently terminated. UniFree was entitled not only for the "traditional duty-free items" (liquer, tobacco, perfumery & cosmetics, etc.) but they have also sub-leased all non F&B sales outlets on the airside. Well, of course this has got little with the airport operations, but one wonders how a solution will be found to replace and rectify this last minute commercial mishap and make the place look like a real international terminal and real global hub!...

Last edited by mafaky; Oct 19, 2018 at 12:37 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:39 pm

Twitted to TK, but they are of not much help. They did say that their flights will be at the new airport from Dec. 31st, but what about other airlines? I guess I should be prepared to pay for a taxi and self-transfer....
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I have an international transfer XXX-iST-XXX (all on TK metal at least) on 3rd of Jan and despite the words in TK site about the move during new year I'm 100% sure that we will still use the good old IST
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tweeting TK, and speaking with JR call center people is not (nor would it ever) get you and real answers, other than the company line. Afterall just a month ago the current TK CEO was repeatedly making statements about how the biggest move ever was happening later this month. Internally they are really shooting for the start of the spring schedule - as they really have been for over a year, whether they make that is anyone's guess.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Am I the only one that find it quite hilarious that TK posted on their Instragram storyline the other day that the new airport with capacity of 200million passengers will be operational later this month? Seems that is a gross exaggeration of both capacity and timing. Unfortunately I didnt do a screenshot.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Furry
I have an international transfer XXX-iST-XXX (all on TK metal at least) on 3rd of Jan and despite the words in TK site about the move during new year I'm 100% sure that we will still use the good old IST
Sure hope that's true. I don't relish the thought of a taxi self-transfer between airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.