Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Ismilee
... I will miss that fabulous TK lounge at Ataturk Airport!!
We all will Farewell old friend, and thanks for the memories...
Ismilee and vincewy like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Well got my first and last use of the amazing Ataturk IST Lounge last month....hope the new lounge is the same or better!
Ismilee likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Since the move is a near certainty, I went ahead and booked Yotel the night before departure.

Oh boy, those rooms are expensive, and I would also recommend booking ASAP if your plans are concrete and need to stay at the airport.

I can also see Park Inn in Odayeri room rates skyrocket.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still am very skeptical that they will make this date. Yes they are verbally going all out as they did before October 29th as they did before January 1st. AFAIK, they still have not had our passed various inspections, still have not sorted the docking issue, still do not have catering or cargo facilities, and have still not even tested most types of aircraft.
pencereamelesi likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I had a booking for VIE-IST on April 8th that got changed to April 5th due to the move. Hope this can get rescheduled to a date that actually suits me.

EDIT: got it done at the ticketing counter at IST, back on a different flight on the 8th.
tartempion likes this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Mar 12, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by hfly
I still am very skeptical that they will make this date. Yes they are verbally going all out as they did before October 29th as they did before January 1st. AFAIK, they still have not had our passed various inspections, still have not sorted the docking issue, still do not have catering or cargo facilities, and have still not even tested most types of aircraft.
It’s on this time.
tartempion likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:01 am

Here you can check the status of your flight before, during and sometime after the move. https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-s...tus/index.html
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BA, TK
Does anybody know if all airlines will move on the same day as TK?

I'm in a bit of a pickle, as I'm flying with BA on the 13th from LHR to Istanbul - originally Ataturk, but now apparently the new airport - then I have a 4 hour layover (which I thought was plenty of stress-free time!) before a flight to Ashgabat (which still shows as scheduled).

Now 4 hours *should* be enough to collect my luggage, get through immigration, grab a taxi and get to the new airport for check in, but if there are any delays or terrible traffic then I'm in a mess, as I absolutely have to get that Ashgabat flight that evening.

I contacted BA who said they have no idea yet. As its only a month away, I'm very nervous...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by eidekgod
Does anybody know if all airlines will move on the same day as TK?

I'm in a bit of a pickle, as I'm flying with BA on the 13th from LHR to Istanbul - originally Ataturk, but now apparently the new airport - then I have a 4 hour layover (which I thought was plenty of stress-free time!) before a flight to Ashgabat (which still shows as scheduled).

Now 4 hours *should* be enough to collect my luggage, get through immigration, grab a taxi and get to the new airport for check in, but if there are any delays or terrible traffic then I'm in a mess, as I absolutely have to get that Ashgabat flight that evening.

I contacted BA who said they have no idea yet. As its only a month away, I'm very nervous...
However, after the 6th of April, all flight under the code IST would depart from Istanbul Airport and all airlines would move at the same exact date. There would be no partial movement.
If you mean 13th of March by saying "13th" and you bought an LHR-IST ticket on BA and a ISL-ASB ticket on TK for tomorrow. Good luck with that. 4 hours may not be enough.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
However, after the 6th of April, all flight under the code IST would depart from Istanbul Airport and all airlines would move at the same exact date. There would be no partial movement.
If you mean 13th of March by saying "13th" and you bought an LHR-IST ticket on BA and a ISL-ASB ticket on TK for tomorrow. Good luck with that. 4 hours may not be enough.
Sorry, yes its 13th April

That's good to know there is no partial move - Turkish are saying so many things about "WE are moving that day", they don't mention the whole airport operations.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As I told before, I have recently flown ISL-ECN to test the airport one more time before the grand movement.

-First, Turkish Airlines priority check-in desks are temporarily located as check-in island E instead of the priority aisle which is still under construction.
-As none of the lounges are open, eligible passengers are handed two meal vouchers worth ₺35 ( total ₺70 ) and they could spend them in any food retail outlet after the passport control.
-Newspaper stands and Turkish Airlines help desks are located at the entrance of each concourse.

I have also some details about the construction of the lounges.
-First, I would like to mention that all the lounge signs for all 3 lounges have the Star Alliance Gold logo below it. However, I don't think that all concepts ( Exclusive, Business, Miles&Smiles ) would be available for Star Alliance Gold.
-I was able to notice construction going on at the Business Lounge and I could verify that the images shared by Bilal Ekşi, few days ago are from the Business Lounge. Furniture has been placed and around 10-15 workers were present doing some construction.
-However, there is no progress at the Miles&Smiles Lounge and in my opinion there is minimum 2-3 months until this lounge opens. There was no progress yesterday evening and no construction workers on site.
- I have no information about the exclusive lounge as it is located at an area that hasn't been opened to passengers yet.

For my airport related remarks, check the Istanbul Airport Master Thread which you could find in the Europe forum.
I would share some photos and a trip report soon.
Stewie Mac and mafaky like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by vincewy
Since the move is a near certainty, I went ahead and booked Yotel the night before departure.

Oh boy, those rooms are expensive, and I would also recommend booking ASAP if your plans are concrete and need to stay at the airport.

I can also see Park Inn in Odayeri room rates skyrocket.
I saw the same so I've kept my reservation at the IBIS Istanbul Airport and have resigned myself to a taxi / Uber between the new airport and the hotel which I presume will be about $20 US each way. (I have an overnight stopover.)
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:58 pm

So you get two vouchers valued about 11€ in total (and prices airside in old IST were very high, even for basic fast food outlets) that will get you about a sandwich and a non-alcoholic drink, instead of lounge access I hope for TK that they finish their lounges before the "grand move"

I'm happy I don't have any plans to fly TK for the foreseeable future.
Ismilee and mafaky like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I know there's limited information and reviews at the moment, but is the general consensus that none of the new TK lounges will be as "spectacular" as the current one?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I just had my last flight from Ataturk yesterday, and bid farewell to a greatly functioning lounge and airport

I can't believe they'll close this airport instead of using it for a while for at least some regional routes (like Haneda, Gimpo, La Guardia etc.) It's just very sad...
Ismilee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.