Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by hfly
Well Makaky you did say back in early January that Ms. Funda Ocak has swore blind that it would open in March. I countered that she was a bureaucrat, and what she said meant nothing. Well she has gone now, the latest bureaucrat to fall victim to the shifting dates. She resigned yesterday, as the latest sacrificial lamb, whatever they declare on the 20th, it ain't opening until October at the very earliest and maybe even beyond..........
I will reply to this message in the other topic, which will be more appropriate!...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:49 pm

[QUOTE=ISTFlyer;30797347]Just to let you know TK had opened their sales for ISL operations until the 30th of March. This means that they are scheduling the movement to 2 April. ( However, it's not yet officially announced ).

Mr. Bilal Ekşi ( CEO of TK ) had announced that 4 new domestic destinations would start from Istanbul Airport ( ISL ) on March but the number of 10 international destinations remains the same. And, I have realized that TK would still stick with aircrafts based in ISL.

Service changes from March:

Flights with Non-ISL based aircraft

Ankara flights remain the same ( x2 daily A321-231 )

Flight with ISL based aircraft

International flights:

Day operations:
Moscow-VKO ( x4 weekly with mixture of 737-800 and A320 ) { Days x247 } ( Decreased from x5 weekly ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Paris-CDG ( x4 weekly with A321-231 ) { Days x246 } ( Decreased from 1 daily )
Munich-MUC ( x4 weekly with mixture of A321-231 and A320 ) { Days x135 } ( Decreased from x5 weekly ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Frankfurt ( x7 weekly with A320 ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
London-LGW ( x4 weekly with 737-800 ) { Days x567 }

Thanks for this information! I've booked PVG-IST-MAN for 4 April - does this mean that I'm likely to transfer in the new airport? Or it's really just to early to know for sure perhaps? Had I known this, I'd have chosen a different airline.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles
Are there grand pianos in the new Istanbul (ISL) lounge as there are in IST ?

Has anyone noticed whether there are grand pianos in the lounge of the new Istanbul airport?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Ismilee
Thanks for this information! I've booked PVG-IST-MAN for 4 April - does this mean that I'm likely to transfer in the new airport? Or it's really just to early to know for sure perhaps? Had I known this, I'd have chosen a different airline.
Unless it gets postponed again, Yes, you would be scheduled to fly from Istanbul Airport. However, the new official movement date is not announced yet.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by drinkwine
Has anyone noticed whether there are grand pianos in the lounge of the new Istanbul airport?
The international lounge(s) are not open yet in Istanbul Airport ( ISL ). For now, meal vouchers are given to passengers who are eligible for lounge access. However, a section of the domestic lounge is open but there are no pianos over there.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unless it gets postponed again, Yes, you would be scheduled to fly from Istanbul Airport. However, the new official movement date is not announced yet.
There seems to be news now that it could potentially be April 5 (although not officially announced)...would my flight that transfers through Ataturk IST on April 5 be cancelled then? I thought there was a 1-2 day transition period in which both airports would need to close.

https://onemileatatime.com/istanbul-...nsition-delay/
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ismilee
There seems to be news now that it could potentially be April 5 (although not officially announced)...would my flight that transfers through Ataturk IST on April 5 be cancelled then? I thought there was a 1-2 day transition period in which both airports would need to close.

https://onemileatatime.com/istanbul-...nsition-delay/
Today, TK has also opened ticket sales from 31 Mar to 4 Apr for their flights from/to Istanbul Airport. Potentially, 5-6-7 April is being considered as the movement dates for now on.
Although, there is no official announcement since now. In the past, authorities had told that they would give an official speech on the 20th of February but no announcement was made.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmm, so its now 22 destinations rather than the 20 that I said that they would do, however with reductions in some frequencies, its about the same......
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:56 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So (very) long story short: March timeline is gone, some ISL destinations added (at the expense of frequency reductions to some). All aligned?
mafaky likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Can help feeling all this confusing is damaging the image of TK and of Turkey as a whole.

Would it not be better for everyone just to pick a date well into the future (say October when the holidays are over) that we can be absolutley certain everything will be sorted and go with that?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Worcester
Can help feeling all this confusing is damaging the image of TK and of Turkey as a whole.

Would it not be better for everyone just to pick a date well into the future (say October when the holidays are over) that we can be absolutley certain everything will be sorted and go with that?
Absolutely.

But there are all sorts of corporate/financial/political pressures to clutch at straws, and hope that declarations become self-fulfilling.
So kicking the issue just over the short-term horizon becomes the expedient.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Sorry if this has been posted before - I check this thread regularly, but haven't seen actual photos from the new lounge facilities at the new airport:

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-n...tic/index.html
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sharing the updated of the flights starting from 1 March to 4 April. Updated flights compared to the previous list is marked in ORANGE

In addition to this, there is no wide-body test flights planned for this period at the moment.

Service changes from March:

Flights with Non-ISL based aircraft

Ankara flights remain the same ( x2 daily A321-231 )

Flight with ISL based aircraft

International flights:

Day operations:
Moscow-VKO ( x4 weekly with mixture of 737-800 and A320 ) { Days x247 } ( Decreased from x5 weekly ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Paris-CDG ( x4 weekly with A321-231 ) { Days x246 } ( Decreased from 1 daily )
Munich-MUC ( x4 weekly with mixture of A321-231 and A320 ) { Days x135 } ( Decreased from x5 weekly ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Frankfurt ( x7 weekly with A320 ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
London-LGW ( x4 weekly with 737-800 ) { Days x567 }

Night operations:
Tbilisi ( x7 weekly with 737-800 ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Baku ( x4 weekly with A320 ) ( Decreased from x6 weekly ) { Days x247 } ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Kuwait ( x4 weekly with A321-231 ) {Days x357 }
Ashgabat ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x246 } ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Ercan ( x4 weekly with mixture of A321-231 and A320 ) { Days x467 } ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )

Domestic flights:

Day operations:

Antalya ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x247 } ( Decreased from x1 daily )
Kayseri ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x247 } ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Hatay ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 } ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Gaziantep ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x247 } ( Decreased from x1 daily ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Trabzon ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x247 } ( Decreased from x1 daily )
Erzurum ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 } ( NEW ROUTE )
Konya ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 } ( NEW ROUTE )
Samsun ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 } ( NEW ROUTE )

Night operations:

Izmir ( x7 weekly with A320 ) ( EQUIPMENT CHANGE )
Adana ( x4 weekly with A320 ) { Days x247 }
Diyarbakır ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 }
Malatya ( x3 weekly with A320 ) { Days 247 } ( NEW ROUTE )

In overall 4 Airbus A320, 1 Boeing 737-800 and 1 Airbus A321-231 (32R) would be based in Istanbul Airport in March.
However, seat maps still show that most routes would be operated by Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

Remark: I have miswritten the aircraft types or the days of operation as I gathered the data by myself via turkishairlines.com without any programming help. Apologizes for that.
If there would be any updates, I would continue to inform.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:24 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but have a question. Before the airport fully opens, they have to conduct widebody aircrafts testing? Is this for cetification or just an operational procedure? Thank you and safe travels!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:36 am

I'm flying TLV-IST on Atlas in June. Will this flight likely land in ISL instead? I'll then be departing IST-JFK in June as well on TK. Will this flight go out of IST or ISL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.