Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 days ago, 8 days ago, 12 days ago, 13 days ago, and I could go on in that vein since the "new" international terminal opened 20 years ago and before. Right now if you have a multi-hour layover and wish to go somewhere and do something, there are plenty of things you can do within a 30 minute ride from the current airport. Good luck doing that from the new airport. Want to sit in the TK lounge? You can do that at the current airport, maybe you will be able to do that at the new airport in 18 months. As far as "to navigate" goes, I am not sure I understand that. The current airport is pretty simple, I mean the layout for international is pretty sequential (unless the fact that 201-204 run at an angle to the rest of the gate), and the walks, not too bad................well out to 230 etc are................but guess what, you are going to be looking at walks 2-3 times as long in the new terminal, and just wait until the satellites eventually open!! It will be like Barajas, where you can be the first off the plane and even if jogging, and no one in front of you at Passport control, and with no luggage, it can take you 25 minutes to exit the airport! As for it being dirty and them not keeping it up..................you are right, but what do you expect when it is supposed to have been shut down October 29th 2017, then again in February 2018, then October 29th, 2018, now supposedly January 1st, 2019, then it will be April 1st, 2019, then June, Then next October, etc...................
gilbertaue and lax01 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Star GOLD, EK SIlver
Booking is open for all TK destinations all day 30 and 31 December. According to the announcement TK should stop flying to/from “old” airport 31 Dec morning and resume operations 31 Dec afternoon from new airport. So question without answer: how come you accept bookings for the period you are not suppose to fly?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Exotic
As a Turk, I am pissed to see they are building a mosque around the airport. What is the importance of that? As if there arent enough mosques in the city already. I think its disrespectful to non believers and others religious people to put this in their face.
Isn't there a small mosque at Ataturk AP as of today? I believe one is being built at Sabiha Gökçen, as well.

These mosques are not really meant for the travelling pax. These travellers can conduct their services in the dedicated prayer rooms and there will be lots of them inside the Terminal (around 40, if I'm not misinformed). The said mosque is more meant for the occupants of the Airport City Complex (that will be built behind the terminal...) plus for all the employees working in the whole airport complex. In fact, there will be two more Airport City complexes to be further built and there will be two more mosques (one in each of these).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Reminder: This thread is about TK operations at the new airport, not about auxiliary services around the airport.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:30 am

Good luck doing that from the new airport. Want to sit in the TK lounge? You can do that at the current airport, maybe you will be able to do that at the new airport in 18 months.
Hopefully it will not take that long. Though I don't have solid information, the domestic one should be opened (at least) partly within the next one or two months, and the international one (probably also partly) before TK completely gets deployed at the New Airport.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Reminder: This thread is about TK operations at the new airport, not about auxiliary services around the airport.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Fine! But then we also need a topic where we can discuss the facilities, auxiliary services at the New Istanbul Airport. And pls. keep in mind that, sooner or later, there will be other airlines than TK, to use this airport and in due course there will be further cargo and MRO services.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, there will be a domestic lounge opened to service the dozen or so domestic flights that will be operating by March, but it won't be complete nor final. I was of course referring to a World beating International lounge, not a room with crackers and Cay, which is what will be open for international, maybe in January. Remember when the current IST lounge was opened, it was scheduled to take six months or so, and took something like 10 months, and that was before the expansion downstairs which took another year, and the extension into Cafe Crown, which took 3 months...........
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by mafaky
Fine! But then we also need a topic where we can discuss the facilities, auxiliary services at the New Istanbul Airport. And pls. keep in mind that, sooner or later, there will be other airlines than TK, to use this airport and in due course there will be further cargo and MRO services.
Feel free to visit to the "Europe (including Turkey)" forum for IST issues that have nothing to do with TK operations.
zap7 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Flying long-haul TK on Jan 1 and will arrive in IST on Jan 2. Is there any confirmed information on whether all flights will be moved to the new airport and what the lounge situation will be?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nikolask
Flying long-haul TK on Jan 1 and will arrive in IST on Jan 2. Is there any confirmed information on whether all flights will be moved to the new airport and what the lounge situation will be?
The official statement is that TK will make the move from Atatürk at the very end of 2018.
No one here knows for sure, but most of us wouldn’t be surprised to see yet another move to a later date.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by nikolask
If you are a TK Istanbul transfer passenger and traveling in business class; don't expect any glamorous lounge at Istanbul Airport, at that date. Simply stated: the lounges will not be fully ready by those dates! If the re-deployment to (New) Istanbul Airport will again be postponed (for some reason...), then you will be transferring at the Ataturk Airport and then "business will be as usual". ^
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As stated in the interview with Bilal Ekşi, CEO of Turkish Airlines, at the Turkish aviation news website "Airporthaber", there would be three different lounges types for passengers.

1- FFP lounge - Frequent Flyer Program Lounge ( Elite & Star Gold passengers )
2- Business lounge - ( Business Class and Elite Plus passengers )
3- Exclusive lounge - ( I don't have any idea about this lounge, probably long-haul Business passengers )

Source: Bilal Ek?i'den çok önemli aç?klamalar
Sinter and Goaguy like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a strong feeling the Mr. Eksi does not know exactly what he meant by the "Executive Lounge" either.
IAN-UK and ankomonkey like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by hfly
I have a strong feeling the Mr. Eksi does not know exactly what he meant by the "Executive Lounge" either.
Could be the new airport equivalent of the current VIP terminal (the thing next to/below the landside TAV).
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It could be, although it could also be how fair to do an LH type of First lounge/terminal without him fully understanding that his airline does not offer first class, or just linked into his weird obsession with Do & Co.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.