Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
One of us might have misunderstood the situation. And it coud well be me

But I thought the existing IST schedule was being maintained, anything from the new airport being additional services.
That's the way I understood it as well.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:57 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

But I thought the existing IST schedule was being maintained, anything from the new airport being additional services.
That is the case. ISL flights are additional.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:13 am

One of us might have misunderstood the situation. And it coud well be me

Until December 31st, presumably. At that point TK flights will move to ISL, but there is no guarantee other airlines will follow immediately. So, as far as I can tell, unless TK reconsiders, passengers arriving on OAL and departing on TK may have to transfer between airports.

I happen to be a possible test case (January 2). Not looking forward to it.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Test passenger reporting for duty:

Was looking for an IST-TXL award on short notice (cash prices are steep by now) for about a week from now and was suddenly presented with a ISL-ESB-TXL routing.

I usually wouldn’t book this in a million years, but just did.
Please report. With pictures!

Shuly
tobiashenry and gr8pirate like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Nice promo. https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-f...ort/index.html
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Does this apply to all flights going through IST or the new airport then?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by mrblanco
Does this apply to all flights going through IST or the new airport then?
Only through new airport as stated(old airport is Atatürk)but you never know with TK.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shuly
So, who's the first to report from the new airport? With pictures, please, and of course -- the lounge!

Shuly
Our mod knows I drive in the fast lane

Flight booked. CGK-IST-LGW on 1st Jan.

New Airport, Possibly Snow,... what else will come my way? Hahahaha

starflyergold and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:05 pm

I see your booking and raise you CAI-IST (MS), IST-ASR (TK) on January 2nd, separate tickets. Was bought quite a while ago, so not really much I can do but wait and see.
gilbertaue and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by shuly
So, who's the first to report from the new airport? With pictures, please, and of course -- the lounge!

Shuly
Two of us are flying out of ISL this Friday, 2 November. Will update with photos and trip report. We had intended to take the bus but now a friend insists on driving us because he too wants to see the new biggest airport in the world.

p.s. to all of you new to this thread: IST is the existing Atatürk airport out of which ALL flights depart/arrive until 31 December EXCEPT THE FIVE NEW FLIGHTS OPERATING TO/FROM ISL
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Any word on hotel at the airport, if any?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:07 am

So any reports yet? Lurking is fun
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy
Any word on hotel at the airport, if any?
I understand that the Yotel hotel (air and landside) will only open in late 2018/early 2019.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
Error 404
Is that the name of the new airport?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Our mod knows I drive in the fast lane

Flight booked. CGK-IST-LGW on 1st Jan.

New Airport, Possibly Snow,... what else will come my way? Hahahaha

You have hogmanay company - at least, as far as Istanbul.

Landing at 05:00-ish on 01-01-19. Hoping for the arrival lounge then metro, but might have to settle for the thrills of a new airport and a long bus ride.
Snow ploughs will be a bonus.
gilbertaue and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.