Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I can't be happier if TK postpones this big circus until next year.
Having to fly on new year eve is already stressful enough thanks to the infamous IST past.

Here's hoping for the official TK press release.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Hi from Istanbul, last night two of us scored 59 lira ($10.50) fares ex-ISL to Antalya during the first week of operations. And we learned the good news today that new airport public bus service begins 1 November. Excited to see this new airport!!

Last edited by stevenmb; Oct 20, 2018 at 12:24 pm Reason: Added word "airport"
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
UPDATE: I just walked to Mecidiyeköy metrobus stop to find where the bus will stop, and in fact new airport bus 48F arrived as I was looking around! This bus actually exists
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by stevenmb
UPDATE: I just walked to Mecidiyeköy metrobus stop to find where the bus will stop, and in fact new airport bus 48F arrived as I was looking around! This bus actually exists
Are the buses the size of a plane? If TK do move fully in January, I'm expecting the bus service to comprise as many buses as they have flights and each bus will carry about 200 passengers.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
In light of all these developments, what is the best way to find out when KLM’s AMS-IST flight will relocate after projecting moving at the end of this month?

With the situation so fluid, I will try to use SAW on the outbound next April but I wanted KL into IS so I could use a GUC and upgrade all the flights from the USA to the destination.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Xeno, Officially not until the beginning of unofficailly maybe a year after that.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Limited ISL operations between 31 October and 28/29 December:
Istanbul New Airport – Ankara 31OCT18 – 29DEC18 1 daily 737-800 (777-300ER operates on 31OCT18)
Istanbul New Airport – Antalya 01NOV18 – 29DEC18 1 daily 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Baku 08NOV18 – 29DEC18 1 daily 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Ercan 31OCT18 – 28DEC18 1 daily 737-800
Istanbul New Airport – Izmir 01NOV18 – 28DEC18 1 daily 737-800
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...n-novdec-2018/
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by stevenmb
Any ideas on pricing yet?
buffegg likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:56 pm

News: The bus ticket prices to the airport will be half the price the first 2 months.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Exotic
News: The bus ticket prices to the airport will be half the price the first 2 months.
Not informative, half price of what? Normal pricing?
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by cagcag
Not informative, half price of what? Normal pricing?
of course, what else?
starflyergold likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by axxoo25
of course, what else?
Any idea what normal pricing is/will be?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Exactly my question!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
12 TL is the cheapest, 30 TL the most expensive.

Children under 6 travel free of charge.

https://www.haberturk.com/yeni-haval...189107-ekonomi

Originally Posted by cagcag
Exactly my question!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
The latest "insider news" is that the issue between IGA and Unifree/Heinemann Group has been "solved" behind closed doors, but no official announcement as yet.

THY, has officially declared that they have now signed a new agreement between them & Turkish Do & Co, for the catering side of the business. But it seems that the Catering Facility at the New Istanbul Airport will not be ready & equipped for a rather long while and during this gap period, all catering will be carried to the New Airport, from the current facility at AHL. That's one another reason why TK is so reluctant and unwilling to move to the New Airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.