FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1934064-tk-operations-istanbul-airport-aka-istanbul-new-airport-isl-ist.html)

raporot Oct 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Is it possible to access IST TK business lounge(not ordinary TK lounge) if arrival on business and departure on economy?(TK Elite)

ISTFlyer Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by raporot (Post 31628136)
Is it possible to access IST TK business lounge(not ordinary TK lounge) if arrival on business and departure on economy?(TK Elite)

What do you mean by "not ordinary TK lounge"?
In the international terminal, there are two TK lounges: Miles&Smiles Lounge and Business Lounge.
They are almost identical and they have the same offerings, same seating, etc...
The only difference is that the Miles&Smiles Lounge is generally more crowded.

Unfortunately, TK does not offer lounge access based on arrival so as you would depart on TK with Economy and as you hold an Elite card, you would be able to access the Miles&Smiles Lounge.
For more details see the WIKI of the lounge thread.

TPJ Oct 16, 2019 6:42 am

Originally Posted by johnsw1988 (Post 31614179)
I have flown a few times to the new airport. Once on my IST-DPS inaugural 787-9 flight, and the other was the flight coming back from DPS-IST also on 787-9. Also some other short-haul flights - I did notice that the taxi each time took at least 30 minutes even without any congestion. I wonder if it's built into the padded schedule. Because even with long taxi, it seems like the flights always arrive ahead of schedule.

They did. Yesterday I arrived from IAH - taxi time was a bit over 25 minutes. Landed on 34L (I think ;)) taxied to G (domestic) dates, taken to the Terminal by bus... Not impressed... But - indeed - flight arrived almost 30 minutes earlier...

gr8pirate Oct 16, 2019 2:21 pm

While we’re at it:

Arrival from LAX: 13 minute taxi
Departure to BUD: 21 minutes taxi

Exclusive Lounge progress seems the same as in July and August, i.e. zero.

Karen2 Oct 20, 2019 3:56 pm

More info on Miles and Smiles Lounge, please

I apologize if this has been done to death but for some 6 years, all our trips to Europe from San Francisco area have been on Turkish Air as we were in love with the old IST lounge. We flew out of the new domestic terminal in May but have not been back since. How does the NEW International Miles etc lounge compare to the old one? I read that the piano had moved!! However, does it still have the chefs making fresh food? Pastries from locals AND Demel's? Equally gorgeous with its garden like atmosphere? Thanks!

gr8pirate Oct 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi!

The new lounges are different from the old one, but a step up in almost any direction. Piano, food, sweets are all present, I miss the staircase for some reason, but the new tea/library area kinda makes up for it.

There’s a dedicated thread here.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turk...2-lounges.html

and more than a handful of YouTube reviews if you take the time to search for “New Istanbul airport lounge”.

ankomonkey Oct 21, 2019 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Karen2 (Post 31649063)
I apologize if this has been done to death but for some 6 years, all our trips to Europe from San Francisco area have been on Turkish Air as we were in love with the old IST lounge. We flew out of the new domestic terminal in May but have not been back since. How does the NEW International Miles etc lounge compare to the old one? I read that the piano had moved!! However, does it still have the chefs making fresh food? Pastries from locals AND Demel's? Equally gorgeous with its garden like atmosphere? Thanks!

I personally prefer the old lounge at Ataturk, but the new lounges are nice and very similar to the old lounge in terms of what's offered. The important bits - baklava buffet, lokum available on all the tea/coffee stations - are still there :)

ISTFlyer Oct 29, 2019 4:53 am

Originally Posted by bambardir (Post 31676925)
Dear all I would like to know does flights to Uzbekistan from Istanbul new airport?

Yes, TK flights to Uzbekistan are operated from Istanbul ‘New’ Airport (IST).

The ones listed from Atatürk Airport are cargo flights.

gizem Feb 7, 2020 7:14 pm

Turkish Airlines is best airlines in turkey

TPJ Feb 8, 2020 1:11 am

Have they opened the 3rd runway?

My 2 recent arrivals had a very short taxi (maybe like 5 minutes). Have they opened the third runway?

To add confusion - Wikipedia says they have fours runways in operation - really?

hfly Feb 8, 2020 3:42 am

Gee, thanks Gizem, Atlas is bust, Onur is gone, Borajet is gone, Pegasus doesn't seem to be able to keep their a/c on the runway, so yes by default you are right............

TPJ, if we are lucky the 3rd runway will be in operation in 6 months.

johan rebel Feb 8, 2020 8:40 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 32046905)
Wikipedia says they have fours runways in operation - really?

16L/34R, 16R/34L, 17L/35R and 17R/35L. That makes four. Really.

Source

Johan

chx1975 Feb 10, 2020 2:58 am

My plane from Paris lands after midnight ( 00:15 ) and leaves for Vancouver at 15:30, I plan to stay at the Yotel, will they transfer my checked in luggage?

ISTFlyer Feb 10, 2020 6:47 am

Originally Posted by chx1975 (Post 32053936)
My plane from Paris lands after midnight ( 00:15 ) and leaves for Vancouver at 15:30, I plan to stay at the Yotel, will they transfer my checked in luggage?

If both flights are on the same ticket, your bags would be checked through and you would not need to clear immigration or customs at IST.

Teddy Ruxpin May 17, 2021 6:37 pm

Arrival time before International flight from IST with Fast track

Hi all,

I couldn't find information for this for IST. The rule of thumb for international arrivals is 3 hours prior to departure, which means leaving the city four hours before flight. I'd like to squeeze in more time in Istanbul before we leave if possible. I have a 6pm-ish flight to Croatia and will be Turkish business class, so I understand I'll have fast track immigration. What is everyone's thoughts on maybe leaving an hour later (3pm). Will be a Monday if that matters for traffic. Not checking bags.

Thanks!