Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, no Business Lounge for E+ for international pax.

The correction should be: ( This is how the signs at the airport lead passengers )
Business Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of C1
Miles&Smiles Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of E1
Just to mention that maybe I'm wrong about this as they might change the locations of the lounges before their openings maybe due their various factors. But this is the information that the signs provided on the 12th of March.

TK has just shared a terminal map of the airport. Which shows the M&S Lounge across gate C1 and the Business Lounge across gate E1.
In this terminal map, it's understandable that
- The Exclusive Lounge and the Arrivals Lounge is not ready yet so it's not marked on the map.
- The Miles&Smiles card print stand would move next to entrance gate 1. Unfortunately, no airside option to pickup cards according to this map.
- As I mentioned before, Turkish Airlines would have care points ( service desks ) at the entry of each concourse.
- The check-in desk allocation would be; ( for TK flights )
Island D - Domestic Check-in
Island E - Self Check-in and Self Bag Drop
Island F - Self Check-in and Self Bag Drop
Island G - International Check-in & Check-in for pax requiring additional assistance
Island H -Self Check-in and Self Bag Drop & Check-in for UM pax and families
Island J - Self Check-in and Self Bag Drop
Island K - Check-in for flights to USA, Canada, Israel and UK ( Not marked at this map )
Island L - Priority check-in area [ Just to mention that Star Gold, Elite, Elite Plus would have different counters than Business Class passengers ]
- The Miniport service office would be located near check-in island E and F.
- There would be short connection points for passengers who have a short transfer. These connection points would be located at all international concourses. Passengers with a long transfer would be directed to the main transfer security area.
- The hotel desk and the Touristanbul desk would be located on your right hand side after exiting the international baggage claim hall.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Island L - Priority check-in area [ Just to mention that Star Gold, Elite, Elite Plus would have different counters than Business Class passengers ]
I'm guessing this is a Bad Thing rather than a Good Thing, and possibly a rather Silly Thing.

TK certainly seems to be apeing the QR way of treating its FFP members. Not a good thing at all.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:48 am

Some New lounge photos:

https://www.facebook.com/90430042759/posts/10157105173477760/
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Which lounge would that be?

Intrigued by the scale model of the airport. The control tower looks even more like it was modelled on a cobra in that scale.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:51 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by amigoflyer
The white armchairs (picture in the middle) look like in the current lounge. Hopefully they are new and not just moved from Ataturk Airport
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Which lounge would that be?

Intrigued by the scale model of the airport. The control tower looks even more like it was modelled on a cobra in that scale.
I'm wondering the same thing. Do you think that the photo is of the Business lounge?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by googs185
I'm wondering the same thing. Do you think that the photo is of the Business lounge?
Both the Miles&Smiles and the Business Lounge's are situated at identical locations and identical concepts so it would be hard to define them before anyone visits them.

By the way, I have the new Havaist ( shuttle ) routes and scheduled for the new airport at the Istanbul Airport Master Thread in the Europe forum. You could access the specific post by clicking this line.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
The white armchairs (picture in the middle) look like in the current lounge. Hopefully they are new and not just moved from Ataturk Airport
I never liked these, they always look a bit manky. Plus the potential use to turn them into makeshift beds is less than ideal (for normal lounge users).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Updated response on Facebook:

Domestic CIP Lounge is being served as of 25th of December 2018. The opening date of the International CIP Lounge is 6 April 2019 however all passengers who are eligible to benefit from CIP Lounge are free to use Seyir Cafe.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by buffegg
Updated response on Facebook:

Domestic CIP Lounge is being served as of 25th of December 2018. The opening date of the International CIP Lounge is 6 April 2019 however all passengers who are eligible to benefit from CIP Lounge are free to use Seyir Cafe.
Does this mean no food in the lounge on day 1?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Does this mean no food in the lounge on day 1?
The lounge would open with the grand movement.
The Turkish Airlines Twitter and Facebook help department is probably operated by a contracted company like their call center so they sometimes give false information.
First, there is no cafe named Seyir Cafe in Istanbul Airport and currently, meal vouchers are given to eligible international passengers which they could use at any food retail outlet after the passport control. The Turkish Airlines website states that the Business and the Miles&Smiles Lounge would be ready at 6 April.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...nge/index.html

There are more information about the lounges that would be available on 6 Apr. As always, still no information from the Arrivals Lounge and the Exclusive Lounge.
mafaky likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’ll be pretty annoyed if what’s been quoted/posted comes true and E+ really doesn’t get any special lounge/access perks at the new airport.
DaveS and kumbara like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Further clarification on facebook:

The use of Seyir Cafe will end on the 6th of April and our passengers will be able to get food at CIP Lounge. Have a nice day.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
My best guess is both business and M&S lounge are identical, the biz lounge Will be les crowded...
bur let’s wait and se, I will visit both 27 april, we Will know before by Reading comments here after the move, have Some patience people...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Can Biz passenger (without *A Gold) invite a guest traveling with him/her? I'll be traveling with my mom and she'll be flying Biz (no status) and I'll be flying Y (E+), hopefully we can both use M&S Lounge if Biz passenger can't guest 1.

Also at this point does anyone know if you can leave the departure airside (entering Turkey)? I'll be sending off my parents for 1am flight and mine isn't until 2pm the same day so I'd prefer getting out the departure area. I'm trying to avoid using Airside Yotel at all cost.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 30, 2019 at 6:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.