Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:49 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I presume this is one of the international lounges (given the size and state of readiness), taken from a tweet by TK CEO Bilal Eksi

This space sort of reminds me of the Royal Jordanian "flagship" lounge in Amman. I'll be flying through IST in May, look forward to checking it out! Hoping it's as "flagship" as their current lounge. Why would they otherwise take a step backwards?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:48 pm

Cheetah_SA likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tockstew
I was half expecting the whole article to end with... "Tea".
I feel cheated.

I'll go and make myself a cup now.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: TK Gold
"Work on the 9,200-square-meter THY lounge for international passengers has reportedly reached the final stage." Seems like from 60k sq feet to roughly 90k sq feet. 1/3 bigger!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
"Work on the 9,200-square-meter THY lounge for international passengers has reportedly reached the final stage." Seems like from 60k sq feet to roughly 90k sq feet. 1/3 bigger!
5500sqm for the Business Lounge. Add another 5500sqm for the Miles&Smiles lounge and 1800sqm for the Exclusive Lounge. It's more than 9200sqm in total

Edit: Changed area according to the Turkish Airlines website
mafaky likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:05 am Reason: Stated above
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
9200sqm is only for the Business Lounge. Add another 9200sqm for the Miles&Smiles lounge and 1800sqm for the Exclusive Lounge.
Have they announced entry requirements for Exclusive Lounge and it’s ammenities?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by northsideguy

Have they announced entry requirements for Exclusive Lounge and it’s ammenities?
Not yet.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Turkish Airlines websites has been updated ( only the Turkish version ) about lounge access and eligibility. Unfortunately, no sign of the arrivals lounge and the exclusive lounge.

An interesting thing is that the statement below clearly indicates that Elite, Elite Plus & Star Gold passengers would be able to use the Domestic Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge with all of their family members even when they are flying on a Star Alliance carrier. Family is defined as father, mother and children.

And the super troll is that it indicates that all Star Alliance FQTV members could use the Miles&Smiles lounge ( "Star Alliance üyeleri" means "Star Alliance FQTV members" ) and Star Gold or any non-TK Star Alliance FQTV program eligibility is not available for the domestic lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:18 am

Not yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. Still disappointed with no arrival lounge. Also had to book private tour as TK has contracted with TAV for Bosphorus Experience at the new airport, and the 8:30 TK free tour is just riding around in the bus. The showers in the Departure Lounge better be working or it’s going to be stinky on the flight to BOS.😂😂

I know that the International Lounges aren’t open, but which do you think will be better, Miles & Smiles or Business? We have Business Class ticket and also *G.

Thanks again for all the information, and safe travels!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northsideguy

Thanks for the quick reply. Still disappointed with no arrival lounge. Also had to book private tour as TK has contracted with TAV for Bosphorus Experience at the new airport, and the 8:30 TK free tour is just riding around in the bus. The showers in the Departure Lounge better be working or it’s going to be stinky on the flight to BOS.😂😂

I know that the International Lounges aren’t open, but which do you think will be better, Miles & Smiles or Business? We have Business Class ticket and also *G.

Thanks again for all the information, and safe travels!
Probably the Business Lounge would be better than the Miles&Smiles Lounge. But I can't give a definitive answer until I visit both of them.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: VA WP, UA WP, QF LTNB.
Probably the Business Lounge would be better than the Miles&Smiles Lounge. But I can't give a definitive answer until I visit both of them.
Any available upon opening? Did they give any timeline on when they will be open?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buffegg
Any available upon opening? Did they give any timeline on when they will be open?
The Classic Plus&Elite&Star Gold section of the domestic lounge is already open. The Elite Plus&Business section would open with the grand movement.

For the international lounges, the Miles&Smiles and the Business Lounges are scheduled to open with the grand movement.
The arrivals lounge and the Exclusive Lounge would open in a future date which is unannounced.
mafaky likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:31 am

I understand. Thanks again!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
28. How can I access the international terminal lounge?

Our Business Class passengers can access Business Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of E1 boarding gate in International departure level.

Our Elite, Elite Plus and Star Alliance Gold cardholder passengers can access Business Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of C1 boarding gate in International departure level.
They meant "can access Miles&Smiles Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of C1", right?

So confirmation that no Business Lounge for E+?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
They meant "can access Miles&Smiles Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of C1", right?

So confirmation that no Business Lounge for E+?
Unfortunately, no Business Lounge for E+ for international pax.

The correction should be: ( This is how the signs at the airport lead passengers )
Business Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of C1
Miles&Smiles Lounge from the stairway located at the opposite of E1
mafaky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.