Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Please note that this thread discusses only TK operations from the new airport. There will be no discussion of the politics involved. These can take place in OMNI PR. Anyone interested in general issue surrounding the new airport may find these in the "Europe" forum. The usual FT rules apply.
For a general discussion about the airport, not related to TK, please visit: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europe/1955797-istanbul-new-airport-ist-isl-master-thread.html
Lounge questions have now a dedicated thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1963594-tk-istanbul-airport-thread-2-lounges.html
starflyergold
TK forum moderator

-----------------

This is the list of all Istanbul Airport threads where you could find more details related to your question if it's discussed in one of the forums below.

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #1 - General Discussion ( YOU ARE HERE )
This is the thread that you could ask your questions about the airport related to Turkish Airlines which doesn't have a dedicated thread. For example questions about check-in desks, the Miniport service, fast-track security, care points, etc... could be asked here if they are directly or indirectly related to TK.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges
This is the thread dedicated for lounges and questions about the TK lounges at Istanbul Airport. Sleeping rooms in the lounge could be discussed in the third thread as it's mainly related to longer connections. Please do refer to the respective threads in the Europe forum for other contract lounges at Istanbul Airport and PriorityPass lounges.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #3 - Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
This is the thread for passengers booked a long connection. The thread has a guide that would give basic information about the free city tour, the stopover hotel option for eligible passengers as well as the sleeping rooms in the lounges in Istanbul Airport. For issues onlyrelated hotel suggestions refer to the Europe forum.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #4 - Transferring/Transit at Istanbul Airport
This is the thread were you could ask your questions about any type of transfer at Istanbul Airport. Such as what to do within a xxx hour layover, or facilities at the transfer area directly related to transit issues. Also questions related to transfer security, immigration in single/seperate tickets could be discussed here. As well as what to do in case of misconnections. The transfer hotel where passengers could access by paying: YOTEL has a dedicated thread where you could find here.
TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #5 - Miles&Smiles Card Pickup at Istanbul Airport
If you want to pickup your Miles&Smiles card in Istanbul Airport, please consult this thread where you would be able to find the locations of the card print points for Miles&Smiles members.

There are also threads not only related to the TK pax but to all passengers traveling from Istanbul Airport. These take place in the Europe forum.

Istanbul Airport Master Thread
For any question related to the airport instead of TK ( facilities, pay-to-use services not related to TK, transportation, rental car services, hotel services, non-TK lounges ) please consult this thread in the Europe forum. Also please discuss, Flightradar24 related ADS-B issues, delays related to the airport here, unless it's a direct TK issue.
PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport
There is no PriorityPass Lounges at Istanbul Airport at the moment. However, I would update this thread when there is an available lounge for PriorityPass at the airport.

I (ISTFlyer) have removed the FAQ's as they are now all answered in the respective WIKI sections of the respective forums.
Print Wikipost

TK operations from "Istanbul Airport" aka Istanbul New Airport (ISL/IST)

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I'm also passing thru IST on the 17th, hopefully some sort of lounge arrangement will be open by then...
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:58 am

I am stopping by on April 13 and hopefully there is a lounge that I may use. Flying in Business on long haul with a lay over of nearly 8 hours which i guess can be hellish or good depending on lounge availability..... Is the IGA lounge possible to pay into?

Tock
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tockstew
I am stopping by on April 13 and hopefully there is a lounge that I may use. Flying in Business on long haul with a lay over of nearly 8 hours which i guess can be hellish or good depending on lounge availability..... Is the IGA lounge possible to pay into?

Tock
Yes the IGA Lounge would accept pay to enter passengers. The price etc... was determined today. I would share those information at the Istanbul Airport Master Thread sometimes when I'm available.
tockstew likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I'm flying through Istanbul on April 17th (connecting from one long haul to another one) so I'll be able to report on the use of lounges, transfer process etc.

Kind of excited for the new airport but sad at the same time because no more Ataturk airport for me
You will most probably obtain an entry to the IGA Lounge (some 4.400+ m2; accomodating around 550 pax; shower facilities and some other amenities available...), provided that you will be willing to pay a €59 (by writing: fiftynine Euros) fee! Those services and the related fees have been announced just today...
tockstew likes this.

Last edited by mafaky; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:06 pm
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by mafaky
You will most probably obtain an entry to the IGA Lounge (some 4.000+ m2), provided that you will be willing to pay a €59 (by writing: fiftynine Euros) fee! Those services and the related fees have been announced just today...
Even if I'm a business class / elite+ customer, I have to pay that fee?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Even if I'm a business class / elite+ customer, I have to pay that fee?
For now on, nothing is precise and we don't know which lounge would open when. I am sharing photos of the lounges taken on 12 March. The copyright of these images belong to myself.

There were construction workers in the Business Lounge which construction sounds came all the time. There was nothing at the Miles&Smiles lounge yet.

For your case, there is no information which lounge TK would contract until their lounges would be ready, or if they would hand meal vouchers to passengers.

The Business Lounge:

The Miles&Smiles Lounge:

mafaky and flyjfk like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have more information obtained about the lounges.

As Mr. İlker Aycı ( Chairman of Board of TK )
The Business Lounge would is completely ready and would open with the movement. In a public statement he has also given some information about the Exclusive Lounge but didn't mention anything about eligibility to the lounge.

I don't have time to translate all these information at the moment. Link:
And I also have bad news for Elite Plus passengers. According to the Turkish Airlines website, this information has been changed recently.

Elite Plus passengers would be able to access the Miles&Smiles Lounge instead of the Business Lounge. The Business Lounge would only accept Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines flights.

However, all the lounges are Star Gold lounges according to the signs at Istanbul Airport.
The copyright of the image below belong to myself.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Skywards, Miles&More
One probably to early question. Anyone know if there will be mosty airbridges to get on and off plane or majority will be on buses like on Ataturk?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have more information obtained about the lounges.

As Mr. İlker Aycı ( Chairman of Board of TK )
The Business Lounge would is completely ready and would open with the movement. In a public statement he has also given some information about the Exclusive Lounge but didn't mention anything about eligibility to the lounge.

I don't have time to translate all these information at the moment. Link:

And I also have bad news for Elite Plus passengers. According to the Turkish Airlines website, this information has been changed recently.

Elite Plus passengers would be able to access the Miles&Smiles Lounge instead of the Business Lounge. The Business Lounge would only accept Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines flights.

However, all the lounges are Star Gold lounges according to the signs at Istanbul Airport.
The copyright of the image below belong to myself.

Those lounge signs look tiny, will be hard to tell apart for most pax.
mafaky likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
The weird thing is Elite and elite+ are Star Gold, so they can use whichever they want?

Also seems strange to me they don't do anything for Elite+ specifically.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’m looking a few days after the switch and the airside Yotel nightly rate is around $240... eek!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I’m looking a few days after the switch and the airside Yotel nightly rate is around $240... eek!
That's the standard price that they always had from day 1.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:31 pm

Thank you for the information. Any word on a arrival lounge?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TM78
One probably to early question. Anyone know if there will be mosty airbridges to get on and off plane or majority will be on buses like on Ataturk?
There would be mostly airbridges, not like Atatürk, however, the architectures were stupid not to design the lower lever for domestic and the upper level for international ( or the other way around ) so if your aircraft arrives from a domestic flight and continues to an international flight or arrives from an international flight and continues to a domestic flight it would definitely be buses that would take you to the terminal. Also direct lounge gate access could be thought at the first plan, but they haven't thought about any direct lounge access from the check-in area.

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Thank you for the information. Any word on a arrival lounge?
Unfortunately no, probably won't be ready at the movement as it is not mentioned yet.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
The Business Lounge would only accept Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines flights.
And what about the business class pax. on other Star Alliance airlines?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.