Wiki Posts
Search

Renewal criteria for Elite changed?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Data point on miles counter/membership date weirdness;

Strange one here: I was under the impression that I had just entered year two in the requalification cycle. Turns out my membership expiration date just shifted to end of May from end of April this week. Was still April 30th last week.

Status Miles also dropped 15k, but that makes sense if April 2018 flights are excluded.
Had you always been on an April cycle prior to the TK IT mess last year? Myself and several others noticed that our dates got shifted up by a month after that for a while before TK finally corrected it.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by State of Trance
Had you always been on an April cycle prior to the TK IT mess last year? Myself and several others noticed that our dates got shifted up by a month after that for a while before TK finally corrected it.
I remember that, but it was always April for me. Funnily enough I just used one of my 2019 vouchers, which technically shouldn’t be available until June.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:23 am

I think they fixed the website and the app. Until last week the app said I was 3500 miles short of elite requalification, but I had already collected enough status miles in my first year.

Now it says "protected" without any activity.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:32 pm
Etp

A main difference between TK and OZ is that, most likely, TK will be but OZ will not be out there in long term (like around 10 years from now).
OZ is experiencing major financial problems and is not the flagship carrier of Korea. TK is the flagship carrier of Turkey and is strongly backed by its government.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Not sure if another TK glitch.

I need 400 status miles to requalify therefore looking to purchase the minimum amount.

get this message even before letting me insert the amount:

Call center of course is clueless (they said I need a Turkish bank account) and the "convert" option gives another error.

I'm in trouble if I can't do it, since the next trip will end only 1 day before the status expiration and a quick round trip to IST in the middle of the summer is nasty to the pocket.

Hint?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite
you can fly LH, LX, OS, SK if you live within Europe and some other airlines globally.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/de-d...gram-partners/
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by axxoo25
you can fly LH, LX, OS, SK if you live within Europe and some other airlines globally.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/de-d...gram-partners/
I know but any earning class on those metals credited to TK will end up costing more than flying TK itself on a round trip to IST.

What I'm wondering is if it's another system error or for some reason I'm not allowed to buy and convert miles, even though I'm in the 2nd year.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I know but any earning class on those metals credited to TK will end up costing more than flying TK itself on a round trip to IST.

What I'm wondering is if it's another system error or for some reason I'm not allowed to buy and convert miles, even though I'm in the 2nd year.
The conversion option was designed for Miles&Smiles credit card holders, however, sometimes due to glitches, non-credit card members could have also converted miles.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...les/index.html
Only Miles&Smiles credit card holders can convert Miles into Status Miles. Miles earned by using a Miles&Smiles credit card can be converted into Status Miles.
For the purchase option, have you purchased miles in the last two years? If I'm not wrong, there is an upper limit both for status and bonus miles.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:24 am

Thanks, at least can make peace with the fact conversion is only for CC mermbers.
No, I never purchased miles.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Salomon82
I have a similar issue.
Total Status Miles (Current Tier) 0, You need to earn 40000 Status Miles to protect your undefined status. (even though I had flights in the past 12m)
E+ expiry date however shows 2021, so the requalification seems to have worked.
In any case, interestingly my "Total Miles since joining" shows a lower number than "Total Miles"

Have raised it with the helpdesk already 2x, followed up with twitter, had a call with the helpdesk - but no success so far...
Any update on this one?

I also have Total Status Miles (Current Tier) 0 and need "25000 Status Miles to protect your UNDEFINED STATUS". I had a few flights recently that have been counted as bonus miles and towards E+ qualification. My Elite expiry says 7th Jan 2020 (which is the end of second year of the status match), which tells me not requalified yet.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles | Elite
Hi,

I am having a hard time understanding the re-qualifying start date of my E status. My current E status expires October 2020 and I have re-qualified for E within my first 12 months of having E. Does this mean that my E will be extended for two years from October 2020, so that i have E October 2022?

Or, does it mean my status is extended from the time that I achieved re-qualification, meaning that it is extended only 2 years form then?

I any case I have not received any notification from Turkish on my re qualification.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Evan Wilson
Hi,

I am having a hard time understanding the re-qualifying start date of my E status. My current E status expires October 2020 and I have re-qualified for E within my first 12 months of having E. Does this mean that my E will be extended for two years from October 2020, so that i have E October 2022?

Or, does it mean my status is extended from the time that I achieved re-qualification, meaning that it is extended only 2 years form then?

I any case I have not received any notification from Turkish on my re qualification.
As you still have the opportunity to qualify to Elite Plus, they are not extending your Elite status at the moment. Your Elite status would be extended at October 2020 and as you have requalified, your Elite status would expire on October 2022. Until October 2020, your expire date would show up as 10/20 and it would automatically change that month to 10/22.
fantomass likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles | Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As you still have the opportunity to qualify to Elite Plus, they are not extending your Elite status at the moment. Your Elite status would be extended at October 2020 and as you have requalified, your Elite status would expire on October 2022. Until October 2020, your expire date would show up as 10/20 and it would automatically change that month to 10/22.
Thanks!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evan Wilson
Thanks!
And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:15 am

Is there any difference for Elite Plus renewal for people with non-Turkish residences? My re-qualification requirement on the website is the same with the one listed on the website for residents of Turkey, and wanted to ask here as I feel like folks here would know better than the TK hotline lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.