Renewal criteria for Elite changed?

Old Sep 12, 19, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by max_kolesne View Post
Is there any difference for Elite Plus renewal for people with non-Turkish residences? My re-qualification requirement on the website is the same with the one listed on the website for residents of Turkey, and wanted to ask here as I feel like folks here would know better than the TK hotline lol.
No, the requirements for Elite Plus are the same for everyone.
Old Sep 12, 19, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
No, the requirements for Elite Plus are the same for everyone.
Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 19, 2:51 am

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Something definitely seems to be going on with E+ qualification criteria. Normally, my qualification period would run to February, 2020, with my tier miles being reset to zero on this date. However, I noticed today that my tier miles have already been set to zero and my E+ card is now valid through February, 2022. In addition, it states that I need to earn 60,000 miles to protect my status without specifying a date by which these should be earned.
Old Dec 16, 19, 12:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Anyone has any confirmed status if there is any change n the miles needed to renew your status?
For Elite is it 25000 in the first year or 30000 in the first year - if the latter, when does that kick in? What I see in my account is that I need 0 miles to protect my elite status...

Really can't understand why TK M&S team is so terrible in communicating these changes - if any....

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Dec 16, 19 at 12:57 am
Old Dec 16, 19, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi all,

Anyone has any confirmed status if there is any change n the miles needed to renew your status?
For Elite is it 25000 in the first year or 30000 in the first year - if the latter, when does that kick in?

Really can't understand why TK M&S team is so terrible in communicating these changes - if any....

Cheers!
25000 miles if you live outside Turkey.
30000 miles if you live in Turkey.

It's still the same.
starflyergold and max_kolesne like this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:42 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
My 2 year Elite cycle ends on 31 March and on the app it shows that I need 4k status miles to protect it. However, when I go to the protection transactions it says "elite protection enabled" Has anyone had the same situation and any suggestions on how to proceed?
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by aircommodore View Post
My 2 year Elite cycle ends on 31 March and on the app it shows that I need 4k status miles to protect it. However, when I go to the protection transactions it says "elite protection enabled" Has anyone had the same situation and any suggestions on how to proceed?
Have you met the 25k requirement the first year?
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:50 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Have you met the 25k requirement the first year?
No I havent. 4k is the right amount btw. I
Old Jan 15, 20, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by aircommodore View Post
No I havent. 4k is the right amount btw. I
If you haven't met the first year requirement, you would need 37.5k combined in your first and second year after your (re)qualification to Elite . As you need 4k miles to requalify you should have earned 33.5k miles since you (re)qualified Elite.

Protection enabled might be a glitch.
Old Feb 10, 20, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue, Target RedCard
This seems so confusing to me, but I think it actually is something (probably) with a simple answer. I just can't find it anywhere!

My question is about extending status ("protecting" I think they call it?). Once I reach E+, I have it for 2 years. Then:

1) How many miles do I need to "protect" the status if all flown within the first year of enrolling; and 2) once protected, does that add one more year (for a total of 3 years), or two (for a total of 4 years' E+)?

Then a separate, but marginally related question regarding protected E+ status: it appears I earn two, one-way upgrades with e+ status. Do I get 2 additional upgrades, with "protection?" Or every year?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 10, 20, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeem View Post
This seems so confusing to me, but I think it actually is something (probably) with a simple answer. I just can't find it anywhere!

My question is about extending status ("protecting" I think they call it?). Once I reach E+, I have it for 2 years. Then:

1) How many miles do I need to "protect" the status if all flown within the first year of enrolling; and 2) once protected, does that add one more year (for a total of 3 years), or two (for a total of 4 years' E+)?

Then a separate, but marginally related question regarding protected E+ status: it appears I earn two, one-way upgrades with e+ status. Do I get 2 additional upgrades, with "protection?" Or every year?

Thanks in advance!
1- You would need 40000 miles in your first Elite Plus membership year or 60000 miles for both the first and the second ( combined ) Elite Plus membership year.

2- If you are successful extending ( protecting ) status your E+ membership would be extended 2 years after your original Elite Plus expiration date. If you qualify in the first year, you would have a total of 4 years, not 3.

3- That is per year, you would get it every year, not every protection. So if you originally qualified in Feb 2020, you would get 2 in Feb 2020, 2 in Feb 2021 and if you requalify you would get 2 in Feb 2022 and 2 in Feb 2023. The loop would continue like that.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeem View Post
@ISTFlyer laid out the answer quite nicely. The TK website is also pretty good (at least in my experience) about letting you know how much you need in year one to "protect" your status and moving the target in year 2 if you miss out.

The 2-year cycle is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. And it's very pleasant feeling to not have to worry about elite status every single year. And to know that E+ gets you a minimum of 4 years of *G.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: